Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #936
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Tires for autocross/track racing?" Previous topic | Next topic
My_therapyApr-10-02 02:43 PM
Member since Feb 23rd 2002
33 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#940, "RE: Tires for autocross/track racing?"
In response to In response to 3

Look into the Toyo RA-1. One of the guys that works for me put them on his sub 2.5 rs and he really like them for road racing and strip. They have some wet traction capabilities also. Plus it is the chosen tire for 2 of the racing circuits this year, one of them being for the Miata. Also can be very competivly priced. If you check prices on any of them, let me know and I will tell you if someone is trying to take you for a ride. By the way, Hoosier has 2 competition tires, one for road racing and one for auto-x. 2 entirelly different compounds. Auto-x tires heats up ALOT quicker because you are only running for about 30-45sec at a time. Road tires usually take 1-2 laps depending on circumstances to heat up to full traction. Have fun, and let me know if any Road racing going on around Indy that I don't know of.

'95 talon TSi AWD,toyo fz4 tires and 17" ASA wheels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tires for autocross/track racing? [View all] , Kiku, Apr-03-02 02:25 PM
  RE: Tires for autocross/track racing?, ModeratorVX100, Apr-04-02 01:12 AM, #1
RE: Tires for autocross/track racing?, Moderator992gnt, Apr-04-02 06:18 AM, #2
      RE: Tires for autocross/track racing?, HadesOmega, Apr-08-02 12:33 PM, #3
           RE: Tires for autocross/track racing?, My_therapy, Apr-10-02 02:43 PM #4
                RE: Tires for autocross/track racing?, 96venger, Apr-19-02 04:05 PM, #5
                     RE: Tires for autocross/track racing?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-19-02 04:17 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #936 Previous topic | Next topic