Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #29481
View in linear mode

Subject: "drool* I want this hood" Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSAug-22-02 05:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29481, "drool* I want this hood"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: drool* I want this hood, Joshua97478, Aug-22-02 05:18 AM, #1
RE: drool* I want this hood, Doug96GS, Aug-22-02 05:50 AM, #2
RE: drool* I want this hood, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-22-02 05:53 AM, #3
      RE: drool* I want this hood, JohnnyCorona, Aug-22-02 06:09 AM, #4
      RE: drool* I want this hood, chaye, Aug-22-02 06:13 AM, #5
RE: drool* I want this hood, Ryan_RS, Aug-22-02 12:46 PM, #13
RE: drool* I want this hood, VsEclipse99, Aug-22-02 06:17 AM, #6
RE: drool* I want this hood, tim97rs, Aug-22-02 06:31 AM, #7
      RE: drool* I want this hood, Aggression, Aug-22-02 07:00 AM, #8
           RE: drool* I want this hood, Logic3, Aug-22-02 08:18 AM, #9
                RE: drool* I want this hood, spicyMitsu, Aug-22-02 08:41 AM, #10
                     RE: drool* I want this hood, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-22-02 08:43 AM, #11
                          RE: drool* I want this hood, theallpowerfulme, Aug-22-02 12:35 PM, #12
                               RE: drool* I want this hood, ez, Aug-22-02 12:55 PM, #14
                                    RE: drool* I want this hood, Teameclipse804, Aug-22-02 01:39 PM, #15
                                         RE: drool* I want this hood, Clay, Aug-22-02 03:41 PM, #16
                                         RE: drool* I want this hood, RIeclipse, Aug-22-02 03:42 PM, #17
                                              RE: drool* I want this hood, dvatt2424, Aug-23-02 01:41 AM, #18
                                                   RE: drool* I want this hood, cucumber, Aug-23-02 04:02 AM, #19
                                                        RE: drool* I want this hood, Lo RS 4Me, Aug-23-02 04:24 AM, #20
                                                             RE: drool* I want this hood, snowboarder, Aug-23-02 05:26 AM, #21
                                                                  RE: drool* I want this hood, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-23-02 08:49 AM, #22
                                                                       RE: drool* I want this hood, RickysBaby, Aug-23-02 05:15 PM, #23
                                                                            RE: drool* I want this hood, mitsuman, Aug-24-02 07:00 AM, #24
                                                                                 RE: drool* I want this hood, Blk95Talon, Aug-24-02 07:37 AM, #25
                                                                                      Fenders, tacoman123, Aug-24-02 12:29 PM, #26
                                                                                           RE: Fenders, ghost, Aug-24-02 02:59 PM, #27
                                                                                                RE: Fenders, My9t5Talon, Aug-24-02 03:30 PM, #28
                                                                                                     RE: Fenders, ourformerselves, Aug-24-02 11:42 PM, #29
                                                                                                          RE: Fenders, fasterGS, Aug-25-02 02:17 AM, #30
RE: drool* I want this hood, rfpunch, Aug-25-02 02:34 AM, #31

Joshua97478Aug-22-02 05:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2662 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29482, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 0

isn't that the *good Hood* i've seen in the ads in super street? I've always wanted to see a full size one. What's everyone think of it?

Edit: Is that scoop functional or just for looks? I think it looks good, but i wonder about rigging up some sorta ram air deal.

Fucking Kangaroos.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Doug96GSAug-22-02 05:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#29483, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 1

Looks better on a 550 Maranello

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-22-02 05:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#29484, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 2

Dear lord that's ugly.

No offense to anyone, bu that hoos justs looks terrible on a dsm..

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

JohnnyCoronaAug-22-02 06:09 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2002
780 posts,
#29485, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 3

i like those fenders tho, where can you get those? what do they call em?

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."

http://homepage.mac.com/
johnnycorona/signature/logo.jpg

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses co

chayeAug-22-02 06:13 AM
Member since Apr 28th 2002
420 posts,
#29486, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 3

that is one ugly mofacka why dont you get this one instead..you may not like it but it looks pretty cool
http://www.visracing.com/
could not get the pic so there is the link it is the invader carbonfiver hood..i think im going to get that one later on..

Ryan_HesAug-22-02 12:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#29487, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 1

Ack....not my kinda taste. The 2G body is sleek and curvy....that hood is a tad too bulky, but I do like the fenders.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

VsEclipse99Aug-22-02 06:17 AM
Member since Jan 17th 2002
105 posts,
#29488, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 0

I think that looks awsome, Maybe just because its different but it looks good to me, I give him props.

tim97rsAug-22-02 06:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#29489, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 6

looks like a mustang hood, just with our humps on the sides.

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

AggressionAug-22-02 07:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#29490, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 7

Most of you say you don't like and you know whats funny if that hood was on the eclipse in fast in the furious a lot of people would have it and you all know that. I like it because it original and ive never seen it before. I think originality is what is really missing from this whole culture of modifications on imports and its sad. If I had a penny for every blitz kit ive seen I would be a rich man. 9 out of every 10 eclipse I see has a blitz kit(very sad). Just think about that before you go and copy somebody...be original for once.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

Logic3Aug-22-02 08:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#29491, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 8

eeegads....

spicyMitsuAug-22-02 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
573 posts,
#29492, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 9

i like it...but i think it would look a lot better with an aftermarket front bumper.

-Joe

9D9 MITSU RSAug-22-02 08:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#29493, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 10

yeah, a roof scoop would set it off too. I really like it. The invader hood? I think that scoop looks awkward. I really like this hood. If I get a hood, this will be the one.

theallpowerfulmeAug-22-02 12:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#29494, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 11

"yeah, a roof scoop would set it off too." j/k, right?

stock 95rs=backroad rally champion

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

ezAug-22-02 12:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#29495, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 12

I actually kinda like it... and I can't believe I just said that. maybe my tastes are getting worse...watch me turn around and go buy a pontiac now.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Teameclipse804Aug-22-02 01:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#29496, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 14

I honestly don't like that hood, I thikn it looks better on domestics. It doesn't go with the curves of our cars.

And about being original, most people fix up their cars for themselves, so they get what they like. A lot of people like the blitz kits. The blitz kits have been around since 98-99, and I had a blitz front back in 99 way before the fast and the furious. It's all about getting what you like, not putting something ugly on your car just to be "original". But if you like that hood, you should definitely get it since it's your car.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

ClayAug-22-02 03:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#29497, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 15

>I think originality is what is really missing from this whole culture of modifications on imports and its sad

theres a thing called being aesthetically coherent. being coherent means that there is nothing that can be done to make "it" better or more appealing, as far as aesthetics are concerned. the blitz kit is a perfect example of something being aesthetically coherent.

btw the hood just doesn't compliment the car's sleek curves.

95 GST | So-Cal

RIeclipseAug-22-02 03:42 PM
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
634 posts,
#29498, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 15

http://www.asylumms.com/ they have that hood

dvatt2424Aug-23-02 01:41 AM
Member since Mar 30th 2002
148 posts,
#29499, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 17

look how crappy the front of the hood fits.

cucumberAug-23-02 04:02 AM
Member since Feb 05th 2002
592 posts,
#29500, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 18

Why?

"i want a turbo that gets full boost (35psi) at 2500rpms, and will make about 490hp to the wheels and make my greddy type blow off valve louder than jet airplanes

Lo RS 4MeAug-23-02 04:24 AM
Member since Apr 05th 2002
522 posts,
#29501, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 19

dude, that thing is just WAAAAYYYY too big, reminds me of those rediculous cowl induct. hoods for the Mustangs, doesn't it ?

snowboarderAug-23-02 05:26 AM
Member since Dec 27th 2001
283 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29502, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 20

that car was at the 2nd annual funkmaster flex celebrity car show on aug 3rd. His body kit was all cracked up and looked like shit.... All i know is he didn't place cause I took third in that show for the Diamond Star's and I knew the guys that took 1st and 2nd......

9D9 MITSU RSAug-23-02 08:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#29503, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 21

I don't think it's that big. some of these honda hoods are huge. The VIS invader is a lot taller and too sharply angled imo. I realize it's all opinions, but I think this hood looks good. It's fiberglass, so the gaps could easily be filled by a decent shop. I think a roof scoop would kinda "match up" with the hood scoop and look kinda cool. Not for me, I was just saying it might. I was told that I was getting flamed here, but no. These are just opinions on this hood. I like it, and several others do, and don't. That's life. I think it's different and I like different. I think the blitz kit looks good, but I wouldn't have it. This hood looks good too imo, and nobody really has it yet. Good reason to go out and get it. (if u like it) Anyways, opinions are opinions.

RickysBabyAug-23-02 05:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
17 posts,
#29504, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 22

from a girls point of view it aint that bad but it does make our cars look like mustangs....i think the front is too big.. it would be ight if it was smaller.. diffinatly original but i would never do ta to my precious car... late

mitsumanAug-24-02 07:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#29505, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 23

imo i like it. kinda. looks like a lambo hood.

"Proud to be, a 2gnt" (was)

-mitsuman
95 gs
Hrc stg 2(not for long)
NER customer

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

Blk95TalonAug-24-02 07:37 AM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29506, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 24

sorry man, i dont like it. but hey its your car, do what makes YOU happy. If you really like it dont let us sway you. Its original, ill give it that.

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

tacoman123Aug-24-02 12:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2678 posts,
#29507, "Fenders"
In response to Reply # 25

I know how the fenders where made ...

It looks like the molded in Z3 inserts, and made it into a widebody..
Creative, I like, now time to rip of

Just kidding, props out to the fenders though..

~Tacoman

"Yes, I really do want to get banned. I no longer want to spend hours upon hours online anymore. This site is great and all, but I don't want to come online anymore. I suck, period. Ban me, please.

Thank you.

-Tahleel"

ghostAug-24-02 02:59 PM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1581 posts,
#29508, "RE: Fenders"
In response to Reply # 26

I think I like it... I would like to see some more shots of it at different angles before I decided to buy it... also I think the one I saw of it was red with a mesh insert...

The fenders look like they just molded the inserts into the top maybe with welding and bondo...or pure bondo.... looks pretty good to give it a 'wider' effect...but no way on the wide body stuff, imo.

Pretty hot car, imo.

- ghost

Ghost's Beginning College Guide:

http://www.cosmomag.com/

factory service manual http://www.ecanfix.com/users/manualcd/gift/dsm/index.html

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Ashley Simpson looks like she has downs syndrome or some kind of fucked up retard gene.

My9t5TalonAug-24-02 03:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#29509, "RE: Fenders"
In response to Reply # 27

I saw that hood in my summit magazine today...GoodHood...or some company like that...it's o.k., if you're trying to be different

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

ourformerselvesAug-24-02 11:42 PM
Member since Feb 06th 2002
564 posts,
#29510, "RE: Fenders"
In response to Reply # 28

Wow, Asylum actually has a rear bumper for Talons. The Neo R34.

Thanks, Richard (97 ESi)
http://www.ourformerselves.com/richard/main.htm

BEST TRACK TIME -- 16.46 @ 86.03mph
----------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT MODS:
NER 1F Turbo Kit w/ Turbonetics T3/T4 S-Trim Ball Bearing Turbo || Autometer Phantom Boost, Oil Pressure, & EGT Guages || Autometer Cluster Benzel || Autometer Full Pillar || HKS Type-1 Turbo Timer || NKG BKR7E Spark Plugs || Magnacor 8.5 Ignition Wires || Front & Rear Strut Bars || Eibach Springs Pro-Kit || KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks/Struts || AF/X Underdrive Pulley || Pacesetter - Monza Exhaust System || OBX Racing Sports - B5 Bomb Tunable Muffler || Energy Suspension - Motor Mount Inserts || Bored Throttle Body || Konig 17x7" Silver Rated R Wheels || Yokohama Avid H4/V4 215/45R17 91H Tires

POINTLESS MODS:
Sylvania Cool Blue Headlights || Cobra Eyes Windshield Washer Blue LED Lights || Nokya Motorsports Sport Pedal Set

Thanks, Richard -- 97 ESi
16.46 @ 86.03mph

http://www.ourformerselves.com/
http://www.cardomain.com/id/talonipse/

AEM COLD AIR INTAKE | PACESETTER 2.5" MONZA CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM | OBX B5 MUFFLER | ENERGY SUSPENSION FRONT & REAR MOTOR MOUNTS | 18X7" ENKEI RSF2 WHEELS W/ NITTO NT 450 215/40Z TIRES | GOLDLINE LOWERING SPRINGS | KYB AGX STRUTS | INGALLS FRONT & REAR CAMBER ADJUSTERS | ALPINE CDA-9807 RECIEVER | ALPINE MRD-M300 AMP | ALPINE SWR-1041D 10" TYPE R SUB | Q-LOGIC QLH-.6510SX ENCLOSURE | STINGER HPM 8GA AMP KIT | DAYTONA BLUE PAINT JOB | IMPULL R34 FRONT BUMPER | BLITZ REAR BUMPER | BLITZ SIDE SKIRTS | ECLIPSE TURBO WING | PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS (BLACK/BLUE) | EURO ALTEZZA TAILLIGHTS | STREET GLOW SG-201 NEO-BLUE NEON UNDER CAR KIT | SPAL AMENITY SHAVED DOOR KIT | REVERSE NITE GLOW GUAGES | OBX SHORT THROW SHIFTER | SYMBORSKIT SHIFTER KIT | AFTERMARKET BLUE SHIFTER | NOKYA FOOT PEDALS

fasterGSAug-25-02 02:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#29511, "RE: Fenders"
In response to Reply # 29

If you haven't heard, don't order from Asylums, they are here in Denver and they are not trustworthy.

rfpunchAug-25-02 02:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
518 posts,
#29512, "RE: drool* I want this hood"
In response to Reply # 0

i like it

98 Eclipse GS Turbo - SOLD
03 Eclipse GT
05 Suzuki GSXR 600

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #29481 Previous topic | Next topic