Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectdrool* I want this hood
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=29481
29481, drool* I want this hood
Posted by 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

29482, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by Joshua97478, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
isn't that the *good Hood* i've seen in the ads in super street? I've always wanted to see a full size one. What's everyone think of it?

Edit: Is that scoop functional or just for looks? I think it looks good, but i wonder about rigging up some sorta ram air deal.
29483, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by Doug96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks better on a 550 Maranello
29484, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dear lord that's ugly.

No offense to anyone, bu that hoos justs looks terrible on a dsm..
29485, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by JohnnyCorona, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

i like those fenders tho, where can you get those? what do they call em?

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."
29486, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by chaye, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that is one ugly mofacka why dont you get this one instead..you may not like it but it looks pretty cool
http://www.visracing.com/
could not get the pic so there is the link it is the invader carbonfiver hood..i think im going to get that one later on..
29487, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ack....not my kinda taste. The 2G body is sleek and curvy....that hood is a tad too bulky, but I do like the fenders.
29488, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by VsEclipse99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think that looks awsome, Maybe just because its different but it looks good to me, I give him props.
29489, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks like a mustang hood, just with our humps on the sides.
29490, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Most of you say you don't like and you know whats funny if that hood was on the eclipse in fast in the furious a lot of people would have it and you all know that. I like it because it original and ive never seen it before. I think originality is what is really missing from this whole culture of modifications on imports and its sad. If I had a penny for every blitz kit ive seen I would be a rich man. 9 out of every 10 eclipse I see has a blitz kit(very sad). Just think about that before you go and copy somebody...be original for once.
29491, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by Logic3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
eeegads.... :wary
29492, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by spicyMitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i like it...but i think it would look a lot better with an aftermarket front bumper. ;)
29493, RE: drool* I want this hood
yeah, a roof scoop would set it off too. I really like it. The invader hood? I think that scoop looks awkward. I really like this hood. If I get a hood, this will be the one.
29494, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by theallpowerfulme, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
"yeah, a roof scoop would set it off too." j/k, right?

stock 95rs=backroad rally champion

29495, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I actually kinda like it... and I can't believe I just said that. maybe my tastes are getting worse...watch me turn around and go buy a pontiac now.
29496, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I honestly don't like that hood, I thikn it looks better on domestics. It doesn't go with the curves of our cars.

And about being original, most people fix up their cars for themselves, so they get what they like. A lot of people like the blitz kits. The blitz kits have been around since 98-99, and I had a blitz front back in 99 way before the fast and the furious. It's all about getting what you like, not putting something ugly on your car just to be "original". But if you like that hood, you should definitely get it since it's your car.
29497, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>I think originality is what is really missing from this whole culture of modifications on imports and its sad

theres a thing called being aesthetically coherent. being coherent means that there is nothing that can be done to make "it" better or more appealing, as far as aesthetics are concerned. the blitz kit is a perfect example of something being aesthetically coherent.

btw the hood just doesn't compliment the car's sleek curves.
29498, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by RIeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.asylumms.com/ they have that hood
29499, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by dvatt2424, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
look how crappy the front of the hood fits.
29500, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by cucumber, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Why?
29501, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by Lo RS 4Me, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

dude, that thing is just WAAAAYYYY too big, reminds me of those rediculous cowl induct. hoods for the Mustangs, doesn't it ?
29502, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by snowboarder, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that car was at the 2nd annual funkmaster flex celebrity car show on aug 3rd. His body kit was all cracked up and looked like shit.... All i know is he didn't place cause I took third in that show for the Diamond Star's and I knew the guys that took 1st and 2nd......
29503, RE: drool* I want this hood
I don't think it's that big. some of these honda hoods are huge. The VIS invader is a lot taller and too sharply angled imo. I realize it's all opinions, but I think this hood looks good. It's fiberglass, so the gaps could easily be filled by a decent shop. I think a roof scoop would kinda "match up" with the hood scoop and look kinda cool. Not for me, I was just saying it might. I was told that I was getting flamed here, but no. These are just opinions on this hood. I like it, and several others do, and don't. That's life. I think it's different and I like different. I think the blitz kit looks good, but I wouldn't have it. This hood looks good too imo, and nobody really has it yet. Good reason to go out and get it. (if u like it) Anyways, opinions are opinions.
29504, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by RickysBaby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
from a girls point of view it aint that bad but it does make our cars look like mustangs....i think the front is too big.. it would be ight if it was smaller.. diffinatly original but i would never do ta to my precious car... late
29505, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by mitsuman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
imo i like it. kinda. looks like a lambo hood.

"Proud to be, a 2gnt" (was)

-mitsuman
95 gs
Hrc stg 2(not for long)
NER customer
29506, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by Blk95Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sorry man, i dont like it. but hey its your car, do what makes YOU happy. If you really like it dont let us sway you. Its original, ill give it that.
29507, Fenders
Posted by tacoman123, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know how the fenders where made :-) ...

It looks like the molded in Z3 inserts, and made it into a widebody..
Creative, I like, now time to rip of :-)

Just kidding, props out to the fenders though..

~Tacoman
29508, RE: Fenders
Posted by ghost, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think I like it... I would like to see some more shots of it at different angles before I decided to buy it... also I think the one I saw of it was red with a mesh insert...

The fenders look like they just molded the inserts into the top maybe with welding and bondo...or pure bondo.... looks pretty good to give it a 'wider' effect...but no way on the wide body stuff, imo.

Pretty hot car, imo.
29509, RE: Fenders
Posted by My9t5Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I saw that hood in my summit magazine today...GoodHood...or some company like that...it's o.k., if you're trying to be different
29510, RE: Fenders
Posted by ourformerselves, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow, Asylum actually has a rear bumper for Talons. The Neo R34.

Thanks, Richard (97 ESi)
http://www.ourformerselves.com/richard/main.htm

BEST TRACK TIME -- 16.46 @ 86.03mph
----------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT MODS:
NER 1F Turbo Kit w/ Turbonetics T3/T4 S-Trim Ball Bearing Turbo || Autometer Phantom Boost, Oil Pressure, & EGT Guages || Autometer Cluster Benzel || Autometer Full Pillar || HKS Type-1 Turbo Timer || NKG BKR7E Spark Plugs || Magnacor 8.5 Ignition Wires || Front & Rear Strut Bars || Eibach Springs Pro-Kit || KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks/Struts || AF/X Underdrive Pulley || Pacesetter - Monza Exhaust System || OBX Racing Sports - B5 Bomb Tunable Muffler || Energy Suspension - Motor Mount Inserts || Bored Throttle Body || Konig 17x7" Silver Rated R Wheels || Yokohama Avid H4/V4 215/45R17 91H Tires

POINTLESS MODS:
Sylvania Cool Blue Headlights || Cobra Eyes Windshield Washer Blue LED Lights || Nokya Motorsports Sport Pedal Set
29511, RE: Fenders
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you haven't heard, don't order from Asylums, they are here in Denver and they are not trustworthy.
29512, RE: drool* I want this hood
Posted by rfpunch, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i like it
I generated this page in 0.013128042221069 seconds, executing 7 queries.