Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6954
View in threaded mode

Subject: "downpipe......YES or NO" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
travmeubanksNov-13-06 11:31 AM
Member since May 31st 2006
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6954, "downpipe......YES or NO"

i have an eclipse gst the model came stock turbo.... i have an apexi n1 catbak exhaust on there short ram and hks bov should i get a downpipe yes or no? if so does it matter what brand or ebay the way to go ?? haha others have said ebay but i want to get it from someone here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
edxmonNov-13-06 11:48 AM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6955, "RE: downpipe......YES or NO"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-13-06 11:48 AM by edxmon

im confused...

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Keith2172Nov-13-06 01:59 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#6956, "RE: downpipe......YES or NO"
In response to Reply # 1

if anything, wrong forum, try here;

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=17

or here;

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/

but generally best bet on a stock turbo is to get all your maintainence done first (T-belt, seals, etc.) and make sure the thing at least runs like it did when it left the factory. Then decide on what turbo you're going to run, no use buying/making a downpipe that you'll only use for a few months or so. Good luck

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-15-06 01:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6957, "RE: downpipe......YES or NO"
In response to Reply # 2
Nov-15-06 01:48 PM by eclipzGST

Do it now and get it over with, it won't hurt...
Doesn't really matter what brand as long as it bolts up to whatever cat/tp you plan on running now and in the future adn if you live where the weather sucks, I suggest SS.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

hookduphatchNov-15-06 02:40 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#6958, "RE: downpipe......YES or NO"
In response to Reply # 3

if you go with the apexi n1 downpipe, it'll delete your cat, and make a straight through exhaust system. plus it's a very nice unit, what i run on my car.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

1fastposNov-15-06 07:21 PM
Member since Nov 13th 2006
6 posts,
#6959, "RE: downpipe......YES or NO"
In response to Reply # 4

Most aftermarket downpipes delete your cat.

Yes buy the downpipe. Port the o2 housing and exhaust manifold too.

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-15-06 08:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6960, "RE: downpipe......YES or NO"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 1fastpos
Most aftermarket downpipes delete your cat. Yes buy the downpipe. Port the o2 housing and exhaust manifold too.

Actually, not many do at all...
Don't go porting anything yet. You're still on the stock turbo. It'll be awhile before you NEED porting.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

hookduphatchNov-15-06 08:58 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#6961, "RE: downpipe......YES or NO"
In response to Reply # 6

you'll see okay gains from the downpipe and exhaust, but you'll notice a huge difference if you switch over to hard intercooler piping. by far the best bang for the buck in my book.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

shazow1969Nov-16-06 01:25 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#6962, "RE: downpipe......YES or NO"
In response to Reply # 7

YES Get a down pipe but don't get an Ebay special. Pony up the bux and get a quality DP like an Apexi or Greddy. If you get the Apexi N1 DP it eliminates the CAT so save your stock DP and CAT to throw on there for inspection. Porting the O2 housing is also a good idea even though the stock t25 turbo is very small it can still help spool time and is a good idea especially if you are planning on upgrading your turbo down the line.

Check out www.extremepsi.com they have a ton of parts at great prices for your car.

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

1fastposNov-16-06 10:48 AM
Member since Nov 13th 2006
6 posts,
#6963, "RE: downpipe......YES or NO"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by 1fastpos Most aftermarket downpipes delete your cat. Yes buy the downpipe. Port the o2 housing and exhaust manifold too.
Actually, not many do at all... Don't go porting anything yet. You're still on the stock turbo. It'll be awhile before you NEED porting.

Tony if that statement was true then he certainly doesnt need a 3" exhaust or a downpipe for a t25. But since he wants to get maximum exhaust flow he should port the o2 housing and stock manifold.

97eclipse97Nov-16-06 11:45 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#6964, "RE: downpipe......YES or NO"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by 1fastpos
Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by 1fastpos Most aftermarket downpipes delete your cat. Yes buy the downpipe. Port the o2 housing and exhaust manifold too.
Actually, not many do at all... Don't go porting anything yet. You're still on the stock turbo. It'll be awhile before you NEED porting.
Tony if that statement was true then he certainly doesnt need a 3" exhaust or a downpipe for a t25. But since he wants to get maximum exhaust flow he should port the o2 housing and stock manifold.

I agree. Free'er flowin exhaust certainly won't hurt you, he just probably won't see big gains, if any. Also check out Megan Racing. They seem to make very good products for cheap money. I myself have a Road Race Engineering stainless steel down pipe that has worked out very well for me. It is also 2.5" up to the just after the flex, where it grows to 3".

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6954 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic