Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48657
View in threaded mode

Subject: "what's up old timers? it's been awhile" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
turbo8uJan-17-13 06:31 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48657, "what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
Jan-17-13 06:37 AM by turbo8u

Howdy strangers? It's been a few years. I just celebrated the 10 year anniversary of owning my Talon It's been the most epic ride of a lifetime. How is everyone? What have you guys been up to in terms of projects, like what are you into now? Just talked to Skrilla the other day, and Chris 2.4 is in Vancouver across the river....we really want to do a RWD 2.4L talon here soon but our licenses are both suspended...(assholes) what are you all doing for work now? still no 2.4L mounts on here, wtf!

Josh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ModeratorxcasbonxJan-17-13 06:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48658, "RE: what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice of you to drop in. Most of us are still around, though its pretty dead here these days. Most of us stay in contact through social media, mainly G+

As for me, my car is running on MS2 now, finished the install last fall, and it's still not boosted Some of us are Dads now and that puts a lot of the projects on the backburner.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uJan-17-13 07:08 AM
10552 posts,
#48659, "RE: what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
In response to Reply # 1
Jan-17-13 07:11 AM by turbo8u

right on good to hear you still have it though, lot of people sold their cars. When my car is down I have the craziest dreams about it...

here's some of my welding projects as of late.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

JoshSpair.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

turbo8uJan-17-13 07:26 AM
10552 posts,
#48660, "RE: what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
In response to Reply # 1

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

turbo8uJan-17-13 07:28 AM
10552 posts,
#48661, "RE: what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
In response to Reply # 1

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

Slo2gJan-17-13 10:49 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#48662, "RE: what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
In response to Reply # 4
Jan-17-13 10:50 AM by Slo2g

That is pretty awesome Josh! Nobody has mass produced the mounts yet and I don't think they will.... like Cars said, this place has slowed down drastically. Most of the people working on big projects don't post but I know of one RWD 2G in the works and a few other big builds that are going on. We mostly keep in touch through G+ like Cars said and just bullshit through out the day. Then meet up in NORWALK and raise hell for a few day, although I suspect this coming year may be a "mild" year as I've heard a bunch of people are bringing "2nd gen 2gnters".

Damn autocorrect....Cars=Cas

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-19-13 01:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#48663, "RE: what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
In response to Reply # 5
Jan-19-13 07:22 PM by bullettdsm

Originally posted by Slo2g
Most of the people working on big projects don't post but I know of one RWD 2G in the works

He's STILL working on that? I thought by now it would be pretty close to done.

Hey Josh, that is some retard strength welding/art projects! Very cool!

And you just made me realize that I am now one of the old timers, lol.

Projects? Too many to list. But slowing down on the experimantal set-ups on the race car and starting to clean her up and make her look a little better (now that I have more of an idea on what will be in the engine bay). Currently running a 16 to 1 engine with other goodies (oops put wrong pic up. Editted in correct one)

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

ezJan-19-13 03:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#48664, "RE: what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
In response to Reply # 0

Sup homie! It's good to see you're still around. I thought you had sold the talon but glad you didn't. I don't do many projects with the 2g any more, except fix things every time it gets broken in to. My daily driver is an electric bike I made, it's actually a faster commute to work because I don't have to deal with traffic. I was in Michigan for some training but now back in SoCal enjoying the sun.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-20-13 09:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#48665, "RE: what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by Slo2g Most of the people working on big projects don't post but I know of one RWD 2G in the works

Man, fuck you guys, haha

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-20-13 01:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#48666, "RE: what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by Slo2g Most of the people working on big projects don't post but I know of one RWD 2G in the works
Man, fuck you guys, haha

lulz

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

ModeratormicyekJan-20-13 06:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#48667, "RE: what's up old timers? it's been awhile"
In response to Reply # 7

Father of 16 month old twin boys. Trying to get a damn camaro running on MS stock computer or hopes and dreams...

Sold my Talon last fall and bought this with some of the money. LOL.

It's much easier to work on, and store.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48657 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic