Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47148
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I want an Evo...." 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickAug-01-11 08:55 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47148, "I want an Evo...."

Dont worry, not cheating on my 2GNT, I just want an Evo. Pretty badly. Ive never owned a 4G63 powered car, and only ever driven 2 of them, neither one was modified. I know a few people on here have either an 8 or 9, how did you come across it and how much did you get it for? Im having a hard time even finding an 8 for less than 16k. Im 21 and have a 700 + credit score but Ive never taken a loan out. Wondering if I would even be able to afford the payment plus the full coverage it would require...

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
burntheblobsAug-01-11 10:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47149, "RE: I want an Evo...."
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-01-11 11:10 PM by burntheblobs

I'm 23 with a 700+ credit score who (except for $16k in student loans outstanding) had never taken out a loan before my Mustang purchase 2 months ago. Since we are in the same boat, credit wise, I can tell you that credit score means jack shit when you have no history of paying off loans (good or bad). The car was $22,500 and I had $6k to put down, and NO bank would give me a loan. Ford ended up financing it at a high rate of 7%. Car companies will extend statistically questionable loans to young people to gain your loyalty at a young age. So short of going to a dealership and begging them to finance you, you are pretty much stuck, even if you are very good for it (I am on pace to pay off my mustang exactly one year from the date I bought it).

Also, don't forget about taxes/fees/insurance. Taxes and fees brought my mustang purchase up to $25,500 (yes there are taxes for used cars). I have been driving since 16 and have a spotless driving record. My insurance is still $1500/yr for my mustang. Having a sports car at a young age is no joke in terms of the financial commitment. I haven't regretted it one bit, but it is a HUGE commitment. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. 4g63's are mindblowing when they run =P.

EDIT: My two best friends both applied for car loans around the same time as me. Both of them have significantly less student loans than me and both of them got denied. It's seriously hard to get a loan like that with no history, and when you do it will be an extremely high rate like mine. If you have the means to churn through the payments fast like I am, its a much better deal.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dalesmitsuAug-02-11 01:38 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#47150, "RE: I want an Evo...."
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-02-11 01:42 AM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Dont worry, not cheating on my 2GNT, I just want an Evo. Pretty badly. Ive never owned a 4G63 powered car, and only ever driven 2 of them, neither one was modified. I know a few people on here have either an 8 or 9, how did you come across it and how much did you get it for? Im having a hard time even finding an 8 for less than 16k. Im 21 and have a 700 + credit score but Ive never taken a loan out. Wondering if I would even be able to afford the payment plus the full coverage it would require...

Look what I just found.
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/2512546666.html

Oh,if you keep looking on CL you would find them around this price or abit less.

I've seen a silver and blue one for a few thousand less.

or how about a two door EVO.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/2522743595.html

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

KaptainMykeAug-02-11 09:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#47151, "RE: I want an Evo...."
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-02-11 09:23 AM by KaptainMyke

I miss my Evo VII. Got it for $9,995 in 2005. Traded it in after 2 yrs. Man that car would snap your neck on takeoff! http://twitpic.com/5zvolj

https://www.kaptainmyke.com

dalesmitsuAug-02-11 11:06 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#47154, "RE: I want an Evo...."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
I miss my Evo VII. Got it for $9,995 in 2005. Traded it in after 2 yrs. Man that car would snap your neck on takeoff! http://twitpic.com/5zvolj

Damn, that's hellva deal there.

Hey, hows going Ninja. Noticed, you havent been around much.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

KaptainMykeAug-04-11 08:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#47163, "RE: I want an Evo...."
In response to Reply # 4

Oh, I've been around.

https://www.kaptainmyke.com

ModeratorVX100Aug-04-11 10:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#47164, "RE: I want an Evo...."
In response to Reply # 5

I know what you mean... I've driven I think at least several 4G63s, the fastest being a 1G with about 500hp or so, and I ran Tony's EVO at the shootout one year, ran about a 13.1 with it, very nice indeed. I have never owned a 4G63 powered car or an EVO, and I was recently tempted by a good deal for a "turbo AWD" daily driver, and while the practical side of me is pretty much saying no and winning the argument, the impractical side hasn't stopped fighting yet so I'm still sort of mulling it over.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Moderatorcs82685Aug-05-11 06:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#47166, "RE: I want an Evo...."
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-05-11 10:59 AM by cs82685

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Dont worry, not cheating on my 2GNT

It'll be gone before you know it if you do get one, the Evo is superior in every way except looks, gas mileage and insurance premiums. All worth dealing with for the Evo. I'm almost 26, bought mine new at 21. Drove the 2gnt about 500 miles in that time and just recently sold it.

You can find good deals but for the most part they are stlll commanding a premium over book value

Forgot to add check evom for evos for sale

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Moderator992gntAug-05-11 05:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#47172, "RE: I want an Evo...."
In response to Reply # 7

I will have another one, sooner rather than later. The race track is calling me....

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

ModeratortekleinAug-06-11 05:16 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
#47173, "RE: I want an Evo...."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by 992gnt
I will have another one, sooner rather than later. The race track is calling me....

...and Mandy will answer

I used to want a Evo, not so much anymore. I want some Evo seats though

RoninEclipse2GAug-06-11 08:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47174, "RE: I want an Evo...."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by teklein
I want some Evo seats though

This. The factory USDM Evo Recaro seats are quite possibly the most comfortable seats I have ever had the pleasure to plant my butt in.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47148 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic