Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectI want an Evo....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=47148
47148, I want an Evo....
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dont worry, not cheating on my 2GNT, I just want an Evo. Pretty badly. Ive never owned a 4G63 powered car, and only ever driven 2 of them, neither one was modified. I know a few people on here have either an 8 or 9, how did you come across it and how much did you get it for? Im having a hard time even finding an 8 for less than 16k. Im 21 and have a 700 + credit score but Ive never taken a loan out. Wondering if I would even be able to afford the payment plus the full coverage it would require...
47149, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by burntheblobs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm 23 with a 700+ credit score who (except for $16k in student loans outstanding) had never taken out a loan before my Mustang purchase 2 months ago. Since we are in the same boat, credit wise, I can tell you that credit score means jack shit when you have no history of paying off loans (good or bad). The car was $22,500 and I had $6k to put down, and NO bank would give me a loan. Ford ended up financing it at a high rate of 7%. Car companies will extend statistically questionable loans to young people to gain your loyalty at a young age. So short of going to a dealership and begging them to finance you, you are pretty much stuck, even if you are very good for it (I am on pace to pay off my mustang exactly one year from the date I bought it).

Also, don't forget about taxes/fees/insurance. Taxes and fees brought my mustang purchase up to $25,500 (yes there are taxes for used cars). I have been driving since 16 and have a spotless driving record. My insurance is still $1500/yr for my mustang. Having a sports car at a young age is no joke in terms of the financial commitment. I haven't regretted it one bit, but it is a HUGE commitment. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. 4g63's are mindblowing when they run =P.

EDIT: My two best friends both applied for car loans around the same time as me. Both of them have significantly less student loans than me and both of them got denied. It's seriously hard to get a loan like that with no history, and when you do it will be an extremely high rate like mine. If you have the means to churn through the payments fast like I am, its a much better deal.
47150, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Dont worry, not cheating on my 2GNT, I just want an Evo. Pretty badly. Ive never owned a 4G63 powered car, and only ever driven 2 of them, neither one was modified. I know a few people on here have either an 8 or 9, how did you come across it and how much did you get it for? Im having a hard time even finding an 8 for less than 16k. Im 21 and have a 700 + credit score but Ive never taken a loan out. Wondering if I would even be able to afford the payment plus the full coverage it would require...

Look what I just found. :7
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/2512546666.html

Oh,if you keep looking on CL you would find them around this price or abit less.

I've seen a silver and blue one for a few thousand less.

or how about a two door EVO.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/2522743595.html
47151, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by KaptainMyke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I miss my Evo VII. Got it for $9,995 in 2005. Traded it in after 2 yrs. Man that car would snap your neck on takeoff! http://twitpic.com/5zvolj

47154, RE: I want an Evo....
Originally posted by KaptainMyke
I miss my Evo VII. Got it for $9,995 in 2005. Traded it in after 2 yrs. Man that car would snap your neck on takeoff! http://twitpic.com/5zvolj

Damn, that's hellva deal there.

Hey, hows going Ninja. Noticed, you havent been around much.
47163, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by KaptainMyke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh, I've been around.
47164, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know what you mean... I've driven I think at least several 4G63s, the fastest being a 1G with about 500hp or so, and I ran Tony's EVO at the shootout one year, ran about a 13.1 with it, very nice indeed. I have never owned a 4G63 powered car or an EVO, and I was recently tempted by a good deal for a "turbo AWD" daily driver, and while the practical side of me is pretty much saying no and winning the argument, the impractical side hasn't stopped fighting yet so I'm still sort of mulling it over.

47166, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dont worry, not cheating on my 2GNT

It'll be gone before you know it if you do get one, the Evo is superior in every way except looks, gas mileage and insurance premiums. All worth dealing with for the Evo. I'm almost 26, bought mine new at 21. Drove the 2gnt about 500 miles in that time and just recently sold it.

You can find good deals but for the most part they are stlll commanding a premium over book value

Forgot to add check evom for evos for sale
47172, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by 992gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will have another one, sooner rather than later. The race track is calling me....
47173, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 992gnt
I will have another one, sooner rather than later. The race track is calling me....

...and Mandy will answer :P

I used to want a Evo, not so much anymore. I want some Evo seats though :shrug
47174, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
I want some Evo seats though :shrug

This. The factory USDM Evo Recaro seats are quite possibly the most comfortable seats I have ever had the pleasure to plant my butt in.
47175, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by 992gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Evo 7 seats are better. Bottom is not so wide so you stay put. Every car should have those seats IMO.
47176, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 992gnt
Evo 7 seats are better. Bottom is not so wide so you stay put. Every car should have those seats IMO.

My backside is probably a bit wider than yours. Evo 7 seats are just a hair narrow for me. Great for a track session, but I wouldn't want to take a road trip in them.
47178, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by electrohead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used to want an Evo, and I even thought about other cars, but the truth is, they're just not a 2GNT. No matter how much power other cars might have, our cars just feel good to drive. They're unrefined, have crude interiors, noisy... and I wouldn't have it either way. :P
47179, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by electrohead
They're unrefined, have crude interiors, noisy... and I wouldn't have it either way. :P

Well that part is no different in an Evo, actually much cruder/noisier
47180, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Stop it! I want one bad enough as it is!
47192, RE: I want an Evo....
Stop it! I want one bad enough as it is!

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ctd/2548392800.html

This matches your silver 2g.
47196, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by TKI, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Have you thought about going to a local credit union? A lot of people that I work with has went to a local one and get fantastic rates. All you have to do here is open a savings account with at least $25. You never half to make another deposit.

One of my friends purchased a new CVO Roadglide and got the interested rate at 2%. No joke.

It might be something worth checking into.
47214, RE: I want an Evo....
Originally posted by TKI
Have you thought about going to a local credit union? A lot of people that I work with has went to a local one and get fantastic rates. All you have to do here is open a savings account with at least $25. You never half to make another deposit. One of my friends purchased a new CVO Roadglide and got the interested rate at 2%. No joke. It might be something worth checking into.

Wrong? My brother and his fiance bought a neon(LMAO) on a signature loan. THey used her credit rating, she had to have a checking account plus have direct deposit for 5 months up to a year with good credit, prior to optaining a loan. On top of that you need full coverage on the vechile.

Creditunion I belong to lets you open a savings at just 5 bucks you might be thinking of a checking account.
47480, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by Fotowntalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I want an evo, or a Satan (Subaru). Actually I just want a newer AWD boosted 4 banger. Getting sick of my car, and by sick of it, I mean all the little leaks that mysteriously come and go and basically what you would expect from a 15 year old car. Just don't have time to deal with it, and I you can only change a hose so many times before you stomp a kitten to death.
47493, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do what I did, buy a new AWD turbo and keep the eclipse too :)
47495, RE: I want an Evo....
Posted by Fotowntalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If it was fees-able I totally would. Right now I am at a crossroads of whether I will try and sell and get a newer AWD Turbo (non dsm) or finish the project. I doubt anything will be definite until tax time
I generated this page in 0.014839887619019 seconds, executing 7 queries.