Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #38102
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-04-05 09:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38102, "Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."

I just got this email from him:

Originally emailed by KaptainMyke
u will never believe what has happened to me. i cannot
type too well 1handed in the hospital...

i havve several lesions all over my brain and spine...drs still are running tests

i wentt in for a spinal tap today and upon these brain mri resultss - ttheey wont let me leave.

we are sso broke, insurance is maxing out i just paid $2550 todaay or they wouldnt helped me.

please say a prayer for me -  if u want more info check my site - u'll see

<div>if u wannaa say a word of 2 2gnt.com i need all
the thought and prayer i can

what a life changing reality, bud.

stop everything u've donne or do- AND JUST LIVE MAN
Mike Sorensen

Everyone please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. If you can spare it, i urge you to make a donation through broke-off.com, Mike and his wife could use the support.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
WIDECLIPSENov-04-05 09:53 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38103, "RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm completely speechless... Mike if you see this, I'm right there with you buddy. I'm praying for you.

-Roman

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezNov-04-05 09:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#38104, "RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."
In response to Reply # 0

You and your wife are in my prayers. Keep us updated.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

ModeratorxcasbonxNov-04-05 10:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#38105, "RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."
In response to Reply # 2

I will definately keep a thought and pray for Mike and his wife.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030

TeamAvengerNov-04-05 10:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#38106, "RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."
In response to Reply # 3

Man that sucks. I hope you get better, Mike. Spot in my prayers for you.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

TeamDR1665Nov-04-05 10:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#38107, "RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."
In response to Reply # 4

God. I've been following this to some extent. Mike, all will be well in time. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Godspeed, brother.

eclipse_99rsNov-04-05 11:00 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#38108, "RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."
In response to Reply # 5

Oh damn sorry to hear. I'll put a prayer in for you and your wife.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

BlizareNov-04-05 11:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#38109, "RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."
In response to Reply # 6

Donation sent. EVERYONE should help out in a time like this.

What if it was you?

How would it make you feel If "I" (being someone on the vast intarweb) gave you money to help yourself.

You'd appreciate it.

I bet you would.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

shazow1969Nov-04-05 11:40 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#38110, "RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."
In response to Reply # 7

Mike,
Keep your spirit's up. You will be in my prayers. Get better man.

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

TeamDR1665Nov-04-05 11:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#38111, "RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."
In response to Reply # 8

I just spoke with Mike. He says the doctors are still not sure what this is all about. He has had two steroid IVs in the last two days and they are setting up a nurse to come to his house over the next three days to administer three more. He has been medically ordered to stop smoking immediately, as all these steroids could cause him to have a stroke, so he's sporting "the patch." Anyone who smokes can isntantly empathize with this aspect of his situation, I'm sure.

Jennifer, her parents, and his parents are all there with him at the hospital right now and he was in relatively good spirits. I told him that Dino had this thread going on 2GNT and that there are a lot of people out there thinking of him. He said he appreciated it and I could tell it lifted his spirits to know this was here and people were replying left and right.

I'm sure, one way or another, updates will get out to everyone, but I wanted to add my two bits in this regard, as I have always thought Mykester was a good guy. If you've got the time, at least drop him a PM or email through Broke-Off.com or this site.

Thanks.

BlizareNov-04-05 12:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#38112, "RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke..."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by DR1665
I just spoke with Mike. He says the doctors are still not sure what this is all about. He has had two steroid IVs in the last two days and they are setting up a nurse to come to his house over the next three days to administer three more. He has been medically ordered to stop smoking immediately, as all these steroids could cause him to have a stroke, so he's sporting "the patch." Anyone who smokes can isntantly empathize with this aspect of his situation, I'm sure. Jennifer, her parents, and his parents are all there with him at the hospital right now and he was in relatively good spirits. I told him that Dino had this thread going on 2GNT and that there are a lot of people out there thinking of him. He said he appreciated it and I could tell it lifted his spirits to know this was here and people were replying left and right. I'm sure, one way or another, updates will get out to everyone, but I wanted to add my two bits in this regard, as I have always thought Mykester was a good guy. If you've got the time, at least drop him a PM or email through Broke-Off.com or this site. Thanks.

thanks for the info Brian.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #38102 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Previous topic | Next topic