Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectSay a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=38102
38102, Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just got this email from him:
Originally emailed by KaptainMyke
u will never believe what has happened to me. i cannot
type too well 1handed in the hospital...

i havve several lesions all over my brain and spine...drs still are running tests

i wentt in for a spinal tap today and upon these brain mri resultss - ttheey wont let me leave.

we are sso broke, insurance is maxing out i just paid $2550 todaay or they wouldnt helped me.

please say a prayer for me -  if u want more info check my site - u'll see

<div>if u wannaa say a word of 2 2gnt.com i need all
the thought and prayer i can

what a life changing reality, bud.

stop everything u've donne or do- AND JUST LIVE MAN
Mike Sorensen

Everyone please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. If you can spare it, i urge you to make a donation through broke-off.com, Mike and his wife could use the support.
38103, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm completely speechless... Mike if you see this, I'm right there with you buddy. I'm praying for you.
38104, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You and your wife are in my prayers. Keep us updated.
38105, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will definately keep a thought and pray for Mike and his wife.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030
38106, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Man that sucks. I hope you get better, Mike. Spot in my prayers for you.
38107, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
God. I've been following this to some extent. Mike, all will be well in time. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Godspeed, brother.
38108, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by eclipse_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh damn sorry to hear. I'll put a prayer in for you and your wife.
38109, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Donation sent. EVERYONE should help out in a time like this.

What if it was you?

How would it make you feel If "I" (being someone on the vast intarweb) gave you money to help yourself.

You'd appreciate it.

I bet you would.
38110, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by shazow1969, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mike,
Keep your spirit's up. You will be in my prayers. Get better man.

-Kevin
38111, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
I just spoke with Mike. He says the doctors are still not sure what this is all about. He has had two steroid IVs in the last two days and they are setting up a nurse to come to his house over the next three days to administer three more. He has been medically ordered to stop smoking immediately, as all these steroids could cause him to have a stroke, so he's sporting "the patch." Anyone who smokes can isntantly empathize with this aspect of his situation, I'm sure.

Jennifer, her parents, and his parents are all there with him at the hospital right now and he was in relatively good spirits. I told him that Dino had this thread going on 2GNT and that there are a lot of people out there thinking of him. He said he appreciated it and I could tell it lifted his spirits to know this was here and people were replying left and right.

I'm sure, one way or another, updates will get out to everyone, but I wanted to add my two bits in this regard, as I have always thought Mykester was a good guy. If you've got the time, at least drop him a PM or email through Broke-Off.com or this site.

Thanks.
38112, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
I just spoke with Mike. He says the doctors are still not sure what this is all about. He has had two steroid IVs in the last two days and they are setting up a nurse to come to his house over the next three days to administer three more. He has been medically ordered to stop smoking immediately, as all these steroids could cause him to have a stroke, so he's sporting "the patch." Anyone who smokes can isntantly empathize with this aspect of his situation, I'm sure. Jennifer, her parents, and his parents are all there with him at the hospital right now and he was in relatively good spirits. I told him that Dino had this thread going on 2GNT and that there are a lot of people out there thinking of him. He said he appreciated it and I could tell it lifted his spirits to know this was here and people were replying left and right. I'm sure, one way or another, updates will get out to everyone, but I wanted to add my two bits in this regard, as I have always thought Mykester was a good guy. If you've got the time, at least drop him a PM or email through Broke-Off.com or this site. Thanks.

thanks for the info Brian.
38113, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mike, you're in my girlfriends and my prayers tonight...get better bro!
38114, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Praying for you. I hope you get to feeling better.
38115, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow, Mike you will be in my prayers man. I hope you get better soon. I'm goin to the other site right now to donate. Keep fighting and stay strong.
38116, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by reeveso, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i've never personally talked 2 ya, but i've heard ur name around alot and it's always been good stuff. God'll help ya through this bro, you'll be in my prayers until ur back home and 100% healthy
38117, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i will pray for you and your wife mike, and i know things will be ok when all is said and done. keep your head high, all of us are thinking about you.
38118, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hang in there Mike. I know you have many, many friends here at 2GNT alone. You are at the top of my prayers brother. God is with you.
38119, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by Murfsmaster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You and you're wife are in my prayers Mike. Get well soon.
38120, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by KaptainMyke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thank you so much for all of the kind words. And thank you blair and jordan for your donations. Beleive me, it's much appreciated with all these co-pays for my insurance, and over the counter things here and there.

If you would like to keep up to date with all this, you may check out this link: http://forums.broke-off.com/index.php?showtopic=5690 I beleive pg 4 or 5 will show you the lesion on my spinal cord. I still have not seen my brain pics. But Dr. Archari has told me that there are 7 of them, and 1 of the 7 is active currently.

Thanks again everyone. You already know how much I love this site and all of you. Especially much thanks to the big 3: Juan, Jeff, and Dino. And thank you to all the loyal fans of Broke Off and my regular posters. It's the energy and fun and laughter that will really be the absolute best thing for me, you know?

Anyways, long, big update on the thread I just linked you, pg 11. Little bit of a scare last night for me, but I still stayed home despite the doctors wish to go to the ER. But can you blame me?

People have been asking me for my phone number, it's located at several places on my site, specially regarding Broke Off Magazine. You gotta look for it ;-)

38121, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
I'd also like to point out at this time, that HEY, I kinda miss some of you guys at my corner of the woods! Where ya been? You know who some of you are.... We really miss your presence, heck all of you for that matter.

You don't have to call me "the other site" sillys. Remember, you can never steer clear of your origins, and KaptainMyke very much originated from the good old reliable 2gnt. Never forget that guys. Some included for alot of you "new guys". You all are more than welcome over there. We welcome everyone, come on, especially with all the recent promising and upcoming exciting new things going on lately.

Shoot, since we're over here right now talking at 2GNT, well lemme tells ya a few updates of my 2gnt. Heh. She's still collecting dust in the parking lot. It's been moved once 2 months ago, and that was because they were cutting down a tree. LOL Still has to be jumpstarted, but other than that it runs. Still need to freshen up the interior from the chipped vinyl paint. Dino: I still got that weird noice all the time when I hit the gas man. I still think I got a exhuast leak since you couldnt break that bold with your air tool on the exhaust mani downpipe. We really need to fix that thing.

38122, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by Chris97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've never had the pleasure of dealing with you personally, but I hate to hear of anyone that's dealing with something like this. My wife and I will definitly keep you and your family in our prayers, and we all look forward to your wealth of knowledge around here for a long time to come. Hang in there man.
38123, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow i just read all of this im really sorry, i dont usually pray but im gonna do it for you, best of luck
38124, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Thank you for your kind words Chris and Curtis. I mean it sincerely.

38125, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by Matt_95tgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mike, you and your family will be in my prayers tonight. Take care of yourself and stay strong my friend.
38126, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Thank you Matt. How ya been?
38127, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by Matt_95tgs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Actually, very busy. My wife and I just moved from Va Beach to Atlanta GA. That makes 3 moves in 2 years which is why I basically fell off of planet 2gnt for awhile. We'll be staying put here for a long time though (I hope).

I've had good luck with my car the last few years (broke the 350 whp mark and have had very few problems) and I bought my brother's GSX back in MI a month ago so that should keep me entertained for awhile.

It's good to see you around here again though. Take good care of yourself and like I said before, you will be in my prayers through all of this.
38128, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nooooo myke!!! im in shock right now, and you will definatly be in my thoughts and prayers. ive been super busy with my new job...so ive been avoiding broke-off for fear of full-on addiction (but ill probably stop by tonight, teeheehee ;) ).

best of luck to you and your family.
38129, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by DarKReaLity, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
maaan i'm shock to hear this....Mike i'm gonna pray for you, i'm sorry you're going through this, god is gonna be there for you all the way don't worry man.
38130, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
thank u Josh and Frank for your kindness and words.

BTW... I've never been gone from 2gnt - check it virtually everyday of my life...just nothing to BS or contribute that would have been considered a "technical" type thing LOL

thanks again.

These steriod IV treatments are kicking my ass though. uggggh. This is so draining on both my wife and I.
38131, from one head case to another
Posted by juan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mike,

Feel free to contact me anytime if you want to talk to someone who has 'been down this road before'.

The love and support of family, friends, and yes, even internet car dorks like us gives immense benefits when going through these traumatic situations. Knowing that literally thousands of people were sending postive energy my way absolutely gave me strenth when I was recovering from my situation last year. I add my thoughts to those going your way in your time of crisis.

An important thing to do is not let the hospitals and insurance companies push you around. They'll try to cheap you out if given the chance. I had a lot of advocates acting for me that were very helpful. In particular, my sister basically got me into the UCLA Medical Center two weeks after diagnosis by sheer force of perseverance, and we have a great staff person at my company who actively made sure any insurance charges were appropriate. My message here is to find out whatever resources you have at your disposal and use them!

Hope to hear things improve for you soon!
juan
38132, Yes, that is so true.
Juan,

Thank you so much for your words and support. You already know my feelings and support of you, good sir - and the number of years I've been around here on your wonderful site. There's much respect coming from me to you, and I think you already know that. ;-)

Once again, thank you all for your donations and words of support. I am keeping a very positive attitude, and I know I'm going to be fine one way or another.

I've stopped smoking too, the doctor basically told me I have to or I could die of stroke with all these steriods. Plus I've been eating salads, fruits, change of diet, everything. So I'm going to fight this. Period.

The feelings and encouragement are definitely helping me.

For those that don't travel or frequent my site much - my right hand is restoring back to almost 90% percent! My headaches are still kinda bad, but I am improving from these at home steriod IV treatments. The hot and cold sweats and extreme body temperature drops are really affecting me, but I'm going to make this. I have to. I'm KaptainMyke, right?

38133, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by ForceFed420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mike,
Although I don't know you personally, I know God will protect you. My family and I dealt with a very serious heart condition with my youngest brother about 2 years ago. Constant prayer, and good doctors, and he's good as new right now. Keep praying and know that you have people who are thinking about you, praying for you and wishing the best for you all over the country.

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee" Psalm 55:22a.

All the best for a quick and full recovery.

Brian
38134, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by CVedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
from one old schooler to another... my thoughts and prayers are with you myke. i dont frequent the boards as much as i used to, but to visit the board and see a post like this is disheartening. stay strong brother as i am sure that you will make it through these difficult times.
38135, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Thank you sincerely, Mike - I appreciate the words of compassion and sympathy for us during this period of unknown and waiting.

38136, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by Aggression, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Kapteeeyooon, I just heard man...and I made a post on BROKE-OFF and just wanted you to know that you are also in my thoughts and prayers. I just can't get over how life can take such an unexpected turn.

But the Mikey I know will over come this and be back to his original self in no time.

Get well and God bless!
38137, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by totaleklipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey mike, I just read the news as well..
Fight it with all your heart and know there is hope. It's great to see you here, that is a real sign of a turn around. Things like this make or break you.. and you didn't let it win. Stay strong and know that you have a large family there for you if you need anything. I've never met you personally, but if your a friend of Dino's you must be a hell of a guy. You will be in my thoughts and prayers Kaptain.
38138, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Thank you very much, and I appreciate those words of encouragement and praise.

Sincerely
38139, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by sonikbewm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow...I just found this thread. You are definately in my thoughts and prayers.
38140, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by Malenko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im too light to donate much to you, so I got my PSP up for sale, I was gonna sell it anyway. You and 2gnt get a chunk of change, and youre in my thoughts and prayers bro
38141, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that sux it sounds really serious. Pull through! Your life is more important than money so hang in there.
38142, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Thank you Merlin for your donation, we very much appreciate it.

At this point, I would do anything to get these headaches away. I feel as if my head is about to cave in. I came home today, I cannot go back to work until this resolves. I just hope that I do not lose my job because I really need the insurance.

38143, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by Clay, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hang in there dude. My prayers are out to you and your love ones.
38144, RE: Yes, that is so true.
My headaches are getting better... but we still won't know anything until wednesday.

The doctor did get some tests back and she definitely knows its not cancer or tumors right now. So that's good.

My employers are talking already about putting me on sick leave without pay. What sucks is Jennifer, my boss, and another guy at work all had leaves this or last year and they got paid...so why would they do that to me? Something's fishy and I don't like it.

38145, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Holy s#$t Mike, I just found this thread. I am very sorry to hear about all this Mikey, you will be in my thoughts and my prayers. I know you are a strong person Mike and I know you will pull through this. After dealing with Aaron on a daily basis, this should be a little thing...lol But on the serious side there is a thing calleed FMLA that most companys offer unless they are really small. It basicly forces them to keep your job while you are out and have to pay you if you have any vacation or sick time. You should look into that, and ask why other people had paid medical leave and you don't. I wish you the best of luck Mike! I will pray for you and your family to come through this with strength and power. This too shall pass Mike! Now go get better already!!!
38146, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by MuRiX, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Myke,

Sucks. Hang in there. Where do I donate? Give me a link.
38147, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by Drewski, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
myke hang in there mani havent talked to u before but you will be in my thoughts and u will get better soon man
38148, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Thanks chris and andrew - I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

There is an update at my site for 11/12/2005 - link is posted above in another reply of this topic.

38149, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by GSwede96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yo myke.

Ssorry to hear this!! I really hope it works out for you man!
PM me a link to the donation part and I will try to hook up, even though its not much I can spare I will try to help any way I can...ok?

PS: I went to Broke off.com and it said its your birthday today? (11/15).IF that info is correct...hope you get a good day even under these circumstances!!
38150, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OMGDOODTHISISHORRIBLENEWS!!! I just noticed this thread as I checked the board one last time before I call it a night. I haven't read the thread at broke off yet but I sincerly hope that there's some good news in the last few updates!!!
In all the years I've been coming to this board, NOONE has made me laugh as hard as you have when you used to have the PS Wars here. And then there was the whole war with Evan. ;) I just recently stumbled across a pic I ps'd with Lois flying through the air, chasing Evan in a fighter jet. The jet had the wing from his eclipse on the back. hehe. I don't remeber if I ever posted it or not, but it reminded me of the "good 'ol days".
I really hope you pull through and beat this man. :thumbsup
38151, RE: Yes, that is so true.
Posted by Ryan_Hes, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your in my prayers Mike
38152, RE: Say a prayer for KaptainMyke...
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Okay, Wednesday has now passed. Updates? How are you doing Kaptain?
38153, update 11/17/2005
Copied from: http://forums.broke-off.com/index.php?showtopic=5690&view=findpost&p=70839

Went to this new doctor today.

He SUCKS.

My appointment was at 1pm. I even got there 15 min early and he didn't see me until 2:30pm.

Total waste of time, he did his stupid little reflex tests and that was about it. He said it's too soon to diagnose me with MS, but it does look that way and for me to have another MRI scan done in 3-6 months with a follow-up visit.

Wow. So there's your big update. I *MIGHT* have MS.

Isn't life grand? If you ask me, I do have MS, and I will have a relapse within a few months, reason I say this is because of the lesions on my brain, and now when I look downwards, my entire right side of my body and right arm and hand hurt with really bad pain. I get these leg pains from time to time as well. I have been taking vicodin for pain and a new medication at nighttime for nerve pain and it helps me sleep at night.

Smoking is a big culprit guys. I have cheated and tried to smoke a cigarette a few times now. When I do, I get these bad pains in my head, and my right hand starts hurting. Proof another reason my I think I have MS. Smoking is directly linked to MS patients and has made reocurrances happen more frequently. Lastly? My mother relayed to me on the phone the other night that my dad's aunt had MS. Now I find this out.

We are kinda barely making it along right now. My headaches are gone for the most part, my right hand is 95%. But these other symptoms I'm having still now, and these random temporary pains from time to time...I fear this is only the beginning.

The link to donate via paypal can be found by clicking here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=paypal%40broke%2doff%2ecom&item_name=Broke%2dOff%2ecom%20Donation%21&item_number=BODONATER&no_shipping=0&return=http%3a%2f%2fforums%2ebroke%2doff%2ecom&cancel_return=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ebroke%2doff%2ecom&cn=Additional%20Message%28s%29%3a&tax=0¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8

We could sure use it, especially at this time specifically, with the holidays coming up. I have went back to work since friday Nov 11, and pretty much have to try and wing it for now because they were threatening me to be off sick leave without pay if I'm not capable of my job.

Thanks for all of your support guys. I really sincerely mean it and love everyone of ya!

-Myke
38154, RE: update 11/17/2005
Posted by Superman, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Myke,

I hope and pray that you get better. I pass all of my super strength to ya! You are in my prayers tonight. When I get paid i will try to donate! This has to got to be a real downer in your life right now. i dont know what I would do if I was in your shoes. I will pray for you mang!!

38155, RE: update 11/17/2005
Posted by Keith2172, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Holy crap, Mike! That's tough man, I know I can't really say or do anything to make the pain and stress of what you have and are going through go away, but my hopes and thoughts are with you man!
38156, RE: update 11/17/2005
Myke is a trooper. He will pull through!
38157, RE: update 11/17/2005
Posted by EclipseRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No worries mike. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I'll be thinking about you guys.
38158, 12/14/2005
thanks to you and everyone else who have been with me in their thoughts and prayers, guys.

Besides the usual pains in my legs and arm, my hand is still at 95% but from time to time I get these sharp pains when I look downwards and put pressure on my spinal cord lesion, perhaps? I have a follow-up visit in February, unless something happens in the next month and 1/2.

Thanks again everyone. I mean that
38159, RE: 12/14/2005
Posted by oRACLe063, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Jesus man ... i am so sorry to hear that. I work in health care and have seen the pain u are having. i am sorry. just remember sound mind and a postive attitude help in recovery. i wish u sponge baths from only the finest bitches ... u are a good guy man ... u make so many laugh ... the world could use more sick creative bastards like u !!~!! hang in there brother !!
38160, RE: 12/14/2005
Glad to hear that your doing a lot better than before. Just hang in there man. Your still in my prayers.

38161, RE: 12/14/2005
Thanks, Chris and the Oracleness

At least I'm nowhere in the position I was a month ago. I just hope that it doesn't come back.

Thanks again
38162, RE: 12/14/2005
Posted by oRACLe063, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good to hear that man ... look shit in the eye and say go fuck yourself... wooooooooooooot
38163, RE: 12/14/2005
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Holy crap this has been going on a month and I just found out about it!!
Damn Mike, keep fighting man, you'll get through this.
38164, RE: 12/14/2005
Just wondering how things are going for you recently?

Hopefully well, being the holiday season and all.

Merry Christmas or Happy Chanukah or Happy Kwanza, or whatever else anyone celebrates, I wish everyone the best.

P.S. I mean no disrespect by the above comment, just trying to cover all the bases. :P

38165, RE: 12/14/2005
happy holidays mike I hope everythings going well for you
38166, RE: 12/14/2005
The holidays were good to my wife and I. I thank all those that have me in the thoughts and prayers. My right hand is progressively unfortunately getting worse. It comes and goes. One minute it feels fine, and then it goes back to feeling numb and tingly. I get these head pains from time to time as well, but for the most part I feel winded and tired all the time. Other than that, to not alarm anyone or make it seem like a big deal - I really do just try to continue on each day as if there's nothing wrong with me.

I am thankful and glad that I am able to wake up and see around me, you know? I feel as if my wife and I have been blessed and we will continue on with our best foot forward. Gotta keep on, keeping on...act as if nothing is going on. I am supposed to get some new pictures in February, so we shall see, I suppose?

Thanks again guys
38167, RE: 12/14/2005
Posted by shazow1969, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mike,
First off I'd like to say Merry Christmas and Happy New years from Baghdad, Iraq (thank you Uncle SAM). Mike you continue to be in my prayers. And Like every one else I wish you the best. Good luck man with your check up in Feb.

-Kevin

I can't wait to get home from this forsaken land of dust and trash.
38168, RE: 12/14/2005
Posted by Collente, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Get well soon brotha,

Positive Energy coming from us here in SB.

Best,

Nick
97RS
38169, RE: 12/14/2005
Posted by rs_smoked_you, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
get well man we all love ya!!!!!!!!!!
38170, RE: 12/14/2005
Posted by 97whitESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so, any updates?
38171, RE: 12/14/2005
yes I get some new MRI scans this friday on my birthday. :(

Folowup with new scans is Feb 15 2006

38172, RE: 12/14/2005
Originally posted by KaptainMyke
yes I get some new MRI scans this friday on my birthday. :( Folowup with new scans is Feb 15 2006

Which will be good news. Keep the faith, brother. :thumbsup
38173, RE: 12/14/2005
Posted by blackrs99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I dont know you, but I really hope it gets better and Im sure people here at 2gnt think the same. Wish you all the best.
38174, RE: 12/14/2005
thanks fellas....

alot has happened in the last month or so.

Please check the update over at my site

For right now, I'm going ok, but I have a few concerns.
38175, RE: 12/14/2005
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Best of luck with the scans. Should make everybody thankfull to just wake up in the morning. Your in my prayers.
38176, updates in the pits
thanks man. I do have an update in the Pits and over at my site in case you missed it
38177, update 3/2/2006
I have decided to pass on my MS study treatments. It's only 30% effective, and for 3 years of constant injections, pain and needles.

I simply am not able to stab a 1 inch needle into my thigh so it punctures muscle to inject every day of my life for 3 years.
38178, RE: update 3/2/2006
Posted by kelvinb1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ill be putting off some mods on my car to help you out. if there is anything you need pm me.
38179, RE: update 3/2/2006
Posted by fly1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't know you personally, but my family will definitely add yours to our prayers. Hang in there.
38180, RE: update 3/2/2006
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow i am so sorry I am so friggin late. You are in my prayers Mike. This is terrible.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
38181, update 4-18-2006
My wife has gotten a new job, and they pay her ALOT more than our old company we both used to work for. So that's a plus!

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I now have difficulty talking and speaking. Everything's working upstairs, but I'm having problems sending the words to my mouth. It's very frustrating.

So, now that I am getting worse without treatment, I have decided to call my doctor. I cannot see him until MAY 24th. I have to now wait around the house for over a month.

I cannot get a job, due to the fact that I wouldn't pass an interview if my life depended on it. My speech and my odd motor skills from time to time make it impossible to do anything I want. So for now, again, my life is in limbo for at least a month.

If anyone knows of anybody who needs a website, a photoshop, or a logo made, I'm the guy. That is about all I can do right now, as long as it doesn't involve much thought and talking.

When I get put on this treatment, the injections will most likely be $500+/month with insurance. So far I have been cutting a check for $509 a month to my ex-employer to continue my coverage with Humana.

For now, I have been designing shirts and gifts at http://kreations.kaptainmyke.com

If you see something you like....well you know! Buy it! That's how you can really help me out. Right now I am just living off of commissions at cafepress.

The last 5-8 months of my life are like none I've ever experienced. Thanks for your concerns and worries, guys - and gals. It's been real.
38182, RE: update 4-18-2006
Posted by DSMcrazy3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear. Don't forget that miracles happen and we can't lose sight of who makes them happen. I will continue to pray for you.

Goodluck, keep us posted
38183, RE: update 4-18-2006
I bought a couple shirts and made a donation, I hope that helps you out some.

I forget which ones I got, I think I got the I've got wood one, the one upper one, and another but i forget what it was. Those shirts are great though haha.
38184, RE: update 4-18-2006
thanks! I try to come out with at least 3-5 new designs per day....

I think I'm selling about 3-4 a day, and that's been since March. So it's pulling money in now, finally.....just not quite enough to live off though, with an Evo and all :P

I completed my steriod IV injections this week, still waiting for my daily injection medicine this morning. My body is like, falling apart or something, I don't know. My eyes are pretty blurry too, I don't know if that's going now or if it's from the IV treatments.

What I DO know is that they have to find a better way to do IVs. Nurses just cannot seem to NOT hurt my ass when sticking me with tape or a needle. I've popped 2 veins with this last lady, and this last time I almost had to go to the ER from my body going into shock or trauma from barely sticking an IV in between my vein and epidermal layer of my arms.

It looks like I'm a heroin addict right now on both my inside arms. And I was only stuck twice for 5 days! ugggh.

So, how are you guys? :P
38185, RE: update 4-18-2006
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You need to make a shirt that says, "I am a sex offender" in some crazy dumb design.
38186, RE: update 4-18-2006
I've got an idea for a shirt. Face of a pirate, and under it, it says, "Yarrrghhh, I want yer BOOTY." You make it I buy it.
38187, RE: update 4-18-2006
Posted by Wolfs 2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey man, yea I'm a newb here and I have been following this since I first saw it back in Feb. I personaly, am not familiar with you but, everyone else obviously feels that you are one hell of a guy.

I don't know exactly what you are going through and cant even begin to imagine how you must feel but, I was injured in Iraq and I'm still continuing treatments for the injuries I sustained so I do understand the "life in limbo" thing.

That being said, I just wanted to let you know that while some may look at people like me as heroes, its the people with your kind of determination and unwillingness to give up in the face of adversity that maintain our strength and remind us of what we fight for. You are an everyday hero in my eyes and you will be in the thoughts and prayers of my family.

I know you will pull through this and be that much stronger once you do! God will not fail you as long as you believe. That combined with all the prayers going up for you should be assurance that God will continue to give you the strength to fight and WIN!

Also, to help in some small way I will be sending info your way on some photoshop stuff I need done and will probably get some of your designs. From what I see on here they must be great.

Once again the thoughts and prayers of my house are going up for you and, if there is anything this little Army guy can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kevin
E-mail:lilgrnarmyman@yahoo.com
38188, RE: update 4-18-2006
Posted by Jeff420aEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey, i'm new to this forum and I don't know you, but after reading through this and seeing the trouble your in I'd just like to let you know you're in my prayers also. I hate to see this stuff, you seem to be greatly loved and a good person. Good luck to you and hang in there.
38189, RE: update 4-18-2006
thanks man
38190, RE: update 4-18-2006
Posted by icedout, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Damm Mike
Sorry to hear about your troubles.... Its been a long time since I have come on here. Keep your head up man things will get better...

Gerry
38191, RE: update 4-18-2006
Posted by DSMTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mike,

sorry to hear about your condition dude, i dont know you but i can tell youre a good guy. nobody should have to go through what youre going through, but life isnt always fair, cuz if it was, then we all wouldnt have to work on our DSM's right? anyways, i just had a thought since you said youre designing T-shirts...maybe we could come up with a group buy sort of thing and do an "official 2GNT" shirt or something. i bet thered be a good amount of people interested in pitching in on something like that, especially knowing it would go to help a fellow member. i dunno but just an odd thought i had here, and if it all goes through, then it would be a great way to help you out.

All the best,
Talan

tyrant_lord@Hotmail.com
38192, RE: update 4-18-2006
Posted by damooch, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Man.Sorry to hear about recent events.Its strange how life can throw you a curve ball when you least expect it.....Im fairly new to 2gnt but its full of great people and it sounds like, from reading the response youve had, your one of them..My wife and I will pray for you..And my moms one of the most devoted catholics ever,REALLY,and she says she will put you on the prayer list at church...If God wont answer my prayers,I know he will hers..Good luck and god bless!!!!

38193, RE: update 4-18-2006
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey Mike,

You don't know me and I don't know you. So we are now even-steven :-). I JUST read through the posts. Man life can throw you crap sometimes. I cannot say I can relate to what you are going through, I can just say that my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

I can't take a position on preaching to you what to do, think or feel, but I think there are three things that you need to help you get through this; faith, humor, positive attitude. Yeah, I know easy for me to say. I've only been through the "normal" life is crappy stuff.

These three items are unbelievably strong, but not necessarily easy to hold on to. I know there are times when you may feel very frustrated and trapped inside your own body. These are the times that you should reach for these items.

Not to get too philosophical or "religious" on you, but these things bring on those "miracles" that you hear about. There have been actual studies on the way humor and positive atitude can actually change the way your body is functioning. (Shit this is back in my college days when I had a psych minor) But humor made the body generate these phenomes or renomes or denomes or what-ever-the-hell they were called that actually helped to cure the body. If nothing else, at least you get to feel better laughing :thumbsup .

I see in your posts that you are trying to work through with a positive attitude. Keep that up and, if in doubt, look around you at the people that are pulling for you.

Have Faith and maybe we'll catch you on the track sometime.

MB
I generated this page in 0.020749092102051 seconds, executing 7 queries.