Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8416
View in threaded mode

Subject: "R-1 adjustable coilovers..." Previous topic | Next topic
stylindsmApr-06-02 08:14 AM
Member since Feb 27th 2002
48 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8416, "R-1 adjustable coilovers..."

are these any good?
if not, what adj coilovers do you suggest under 200 bucks?
how much do eibachs and hr cost, cause i work at discount
tire co, and i can get them for the price they get it for.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Amish_EclipseApr-06-02 11:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8417, "RE: R-1 adjustable coilovers..."
In response to Reply # 0

those are in teh thousands that's why no one has them. i'll sell you my ractive coils brand new in the box for 200. i've never used them that's why my car isn't lowered

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jerseystyle1Apr-06-02 05:05 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#8418, "RE: R-1 adjustable coilovers..."
In response to Reply # 0

The problem of the lower cost coilovers is the quality. A lot of them have plastic sleeves, which over time with the weight of the car could later cause binding. If you want the adjustability of coilovers, save your money and get the good stuff. I have a set of skunk2's ($330) and I love them. Ground control is another good company, but they are a bit more pricey.

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

reallysmartpersonApr-07-02 12:48 PM
Member since Mar 24th 2002
31 posts,
#8419, "RE: R-1 adjustable coilovers..."
In response to Reply # 2

where did you buy your skunk2s because i am looking to buy some.

Slarnda

Amish_EclipseApr-09-02 04:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#8420, "RE: R-1 adjustable coilovers..."
In response to Reply # 3

these coils are all metal and are usually priced closer to 300. i gotta hook up

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

trwebb26Apr-09-02 06:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
347 posts,
#8421, "RE: R-1 adjustable coilovers..."
In response to Reply # 4

if you live in a warm climate... I don't really see the need for coilovers. If you adjust the height you will just need to get an alignment and that can get expensive. I don't know where you live, buy I would consider just buying a set of drop springs. You can get a set of Eibachs for ~$215.

Tim
trwebb26@yahoo.com
White 1999 GS - Manual Tranny
Mods: B&M Shifter, Symbroski Shifter Kit, RRE SS Clutch Line, AEM Short Ram Intake, Clear Side Markers, GS

Teameclipse804Apr-09-02 07:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#8422, "RE: R-1 adjustable coilovers..."
In response to Reply # 3

I used to sell skunk2 for 280, but our distributor raised prices so now it's 290 plus shipping if anyone wants em. Probably around 315 shipped to your door.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8416 Previous topic | Next topic