Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27791
View in threaded mode

Subject: "LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY" Previous topic | Next topic
99rseclipseAug-19-05 07:42 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
25 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27791, "LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY"

i recently purchased from ebay tokico shocks and springs all for abou 37 sipped! . i previously had coilovers,, but they were too harsh. theses give my car an aggressive lowered look,,yet i am able to drive EASILY on the worst "roads" we have! i just wanted to post this because it is an awesome bang for the buck!

~dusty~

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
reevesoAug-19-05 11:02 AM
Member since Nov 01st 2003
512 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27795, "RE: LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY"
In response to Reply # 0

Learn how to spell

--Ebay intake w/ injen filter, 55mm TB, vibrant muffler, F & R upper strut bars

-Coming Soon: Hurricane GS tie bars (F & R), AF/X UDP, custom exhaust and/or lowered

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dsmmythAug-19-05 12:56 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#27796, "RE: LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY"
In response to Reply # 1

What is 37 sipped?

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

420a-TnthewerksAug-19-05 12:57 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#27797, "RE: LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 99rseclipse
i recently purchased from ebay tokico shocks and springs all for abou 37 sipped! . i previously had coilovers,, but they were too harsh. theses give my car an aggressive lowered look,,yet i am able to drive EASILY on the worst "roads" we have! i just wanted to post this because it is an awesome bang for the buck! ~dusty~

Tokico what?

WickedESiAug-19-05 03:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#27798, "RE: LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 99rseclipse
i recently purchased from ebay tokico shocks and springs all for abou 37 sipped! . i previously had coilovers,, but they were too harsh. theses give my car an aggressive lowered look,,yet i am able to drive EASILY on the worst "roads" we have! i just wanted to post this because it is an awesome bang for the buck! ~dusty~

theses huh?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

injendsmAug-20-05 06:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#27801, "RE: LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY"
In response to Reply # 4

tokico springs and shocks for 37 bucks? only way thats possible is if they were blues, had a shitload of miles on them and the previous owner just wanted them out of his garage. either that or you meant to put 370 shipped cause that would make a lot more sense. and yes, tokico spring and shock combos do ride damn good and handle even better; i have the illumina set.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

ModeratorjuanSep-06-05 12:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#27893, "compared to Eibach ProKits?"
In response to Reply # 5

I already have the Illumina shocks installed, but am running stock springs. I wouldn't mind having some lowering back, but the ride with the ProKits was universally derided by any non-car-person passenger in my car (including my GF's dog).

Its certainly been long enough since I had my head surgery that I (prolly) don't have to worry about making a 'brain frappuccino' up there any more.

If it is actually worth it, I might consider getting those Tok springs...

juan

kain_99gsSep-08-05 05:38 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#27918, "RE: compared to Eibach ProKits?"
In response to Reply # 6

My friend has this set up and It is a great bang/buck. It felt really nice in there too. If/when I lower Lily this is the kit I will get for sure.

Lily @ DSMR
Lily @ Car Domain

RicL66Sep-09-05 02:00 PM
Member since Aug 19th 2005
9 posts,
#27920, "RE: compared to Eibach ProKits?"
In response to Reply # 6

Hummm,I'm putting prokits on tomorrow morning.Anything negative I should know before I do?

750_sportSep-09-05 03:37 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2005
13 posts,
#27921, "RE: compared to Eibach ProKits?"
In response to Reply # 8

anyone have anything used to sell.... coil-overs, aftermarket shocks?

michael@desmo-corsa.com

Reason I ask is now that my car is running, I need to shit can the old suspension, prevous owner went to lowering town with a torch.... Heated them up for that great sporty look....lol
Now I bottom like a hooker and ride like a pimp-o-lac on dubs...

Anything is better then what I have at this point!

hazardeclipseSep-13-05 05:22 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#27937, "RE: compared to Eibach ProKits?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by RicL66
Hummm,I'm putting prokits on tomorrow morning.Anything negative I should know before I do?

Just make sure you do the camber kit in the back...

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27791 Previous topic | Next topic