Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectLOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=27791
27791, LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY
Posted by 99rseclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i recently purchased from ebay tokico shocks and springs all for abou 37 sipped! . i previously had coilovers,, but they were too harsh. theses give my car an aggressive lowered look,,yet i am able to drive EASILY on the worst "roads" we have! i just wanted to post this because it is an awesome bang for the buck!

~dusty~
27795, RE: LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY
Posted by reeveso, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Learn how to spell

--Ebay intake w/ injen filter, 55mm TB, vibrant muffler, F & R upper strut bars

-Coming Soon: Hurricane GS tie bars (F & R), AF/X UDP, custom exhaust and/or lowered
27796, RE: LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What is 37 sipped?
27797, RE: LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 99rseclipse
i recently purchased from ebay tokico shocks and springs all for abou 37 sipped! . i previously had coilovers,, but they were too harsh. theses give my car an aggressive lowered look,,yet i am able to drive EASILY on the worst "roads" we have! i just wanted to post this because it is an awesome bang for the buck! ~dusty~

Tokico what?
27798, RE: LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY
Posted by WickedESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 99rseclipse
i recently purchased from ebay tokico shocks and springs all for abou 37 sipped! . i previously had coilovers,, but they were too harsh. theses give my car an aggressive lowered look,,yet i am able to drive EASILY on the worst "roads" we have! i just wanted to post this because it is an awesome bang for the buck! ~dusty~

theses huh?
27801, RE: LOOKING FOR A PERFECT LOWERING KIT? WITH EXCELLENT RIDE QUALITY
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
tokico springs and shocks for 37 bucks? only way thats possible is if they were blues, had a shitload of miles on them and the previous owner just wanted them out of his garage. either that or you meant to put 370 shipped cause that would make a lot more sense. and yes, tokico spring and shock combos do ride damn good and handle even better; i have the illumina set.
27893, compared to Eibach ProKits?
Posted by juan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I already have the Illumina shocks installed, but am running stock springs. I wouldn't mind having some lowering back, but the ride with the ProKits was universally derided by any non-car-person passenger in my car (including my GF's dog).

Its certainly been long enough since I had my head surgery that I (prolly) don't have to worry about making a 'brain frappuccino' up there any more.

If it is actually worth it, I might consider getting those Tok springs...

juan
27918, RE: compared to Eibach ProKits?
Posted by kain_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My friend has this set up and It is a great bang/buck. It felt really nice in there too. If/when I lower Lily this is the kit I will get for sure.

Lily @ DSMR
Lily @ Car Domain
27920, RE: compared to Eibach ProKits?
Posted by RicL66, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hummm,I'm putting prokits on tomorrow morning.Anything negative I should know before I do?
27921, RE: compared to Eibach ProKits?
Posted by 750_sport, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anyone have anything used to sell.... coil-overs, aftermarket shocks?

michael@desmo-corsa.com

Reason I ask is now that my car is running, I need to shit can the old suspension, prevous owner went to lowering town with a torch.... Heated them up for that great sporty look....lol
Now I bottom like a hooker and ride like a pimp-o-lac on dubs...

Anything is better then what I have at this point!
27937, RE: compared to Eibach ProKits?
Posted by hazardeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RicL66
Hummm,I'm putting prokits on tomorrow morning.Anything negative I should know before I do?

Just make sure you do the camber kit in the back...
I generated this page in 0.0091710090637207 seconds, executing 7 queries.