Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14173
View in threaded mode

Subject: "H&R Sport with Tokico Blues" Previous topic | Next topic
netrelikDec-11-02 03:55 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
242 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14173, "H&R Sport with Tokico Blues"

I'm pretty sure that this is the setup I want to go with (rollin on some 18s), but I do have some questions that I hope someone can answer. I know that I am going to need a camber kit, but can I just do the $15 rear camber mod and just get a front camber kit? Also, what kind of camber kit would be recommended? Any help would be appreciated...TIA!

Keepin it clean!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamXtremeRSDec-11-02 04:24 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14174, "RE: H&R Sport with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 0

I run the H&R sports, and I needed at least the 15 dollar mod, plus a few more washers to get my rear camber back into factory specs. I needed an Ingalls front camber kit, the +1.25 to 3 degree one, for my front camber to get into factory specs. You NEED the rear camber kit, but you may be able to get away without the fronts, but you will have increased tire wear, and a bit worse handling from the very negative front camber.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

netrelikDec-12-02 06:27 AM
242 posts,
#14175, "RE: H&R Sport with Tokico Blues"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanx for your help...I'm trying to plan ahead on the costs of lowering my car.

Keepin it clean!!

netrelikDec-14-02 11:43 AM
242 posts,
#14176, "Ingall Camber Bushings"
In response to Reply # 2

I was looking on http://www.gmpperformance.com/ and they have Ingall camber kits for pretty cheap, however they have 3 different kinds of bushings. Which is the best one to get Poly, Rubber, or Brass? TIA

Keepin it clean!!

xEclipsE RaceRxDec-15-02 10:52 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#14177, "RE: Ingall Camber Bushings"
In response to Reply # 3

im dropped on H&R Race springs 2" drop and tokico blues on 17s I bought my Ingalls front and rear camber kit at www.groupbuycenter.com for around $210 I think

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

TeamXtremeRSDec-15-02 02:54 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#14178, "RE: Ingall Camber Bushings"
In response to Reply # 3

>I was looking on http://www.gmpperformance.com/ and they
>have Ingall camber kits for pretty cheap, however they have
>3 different kinds of bushings. Which is the best one to get
>Poly, Rubber, or Brass? TIA

Well I'm not too sure about brass and what that can do, but for a bit softer ride quality, go with the rubber. If you want the most long lasting, firm ride, go with theh polyurathane. Poly is stronger, and has barely any deflection in the bushings, to help stiffen up the upper control arms a bit. I personally went with the rubber ones. I dont really know how big a difference the poly ones would make, but by guessing, prob a slight noticable difference. You will feel the bumps of the road just a bit more though on the front suspension if you go poly.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14173 Previous topic | Next topic