Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #311
View in threaded mode

Subject: "is no sigs and avatars going to stay or........" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
madhatter210Jun-07-05 05:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#311, "is no sigs and avatars going to stay or........"
Jun-07-05 06:19 PM by madhatter210

is that just a glitch in the matrix and they will come back?

edit: must be a glitch in the matrix, the banners are whacked and all. nv

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
madhatter210Jun-08-05 03:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#312, "RE: is no sigs and avatars going to stay or........"
In response to Reply # 0

Never mind for real, this is what happens when drunk people decide to play with their settings and click show images from originating site only.

2gnt T-shirts&swag

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jun-08-05 07:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#313, "Possible sig pic discussion?"
In response to Reply # 1

You're a drunken newb, but it's an interesting idea. I know I'm just as bad as anyone else when it comes to sig pics, but I think that, if we had some sort of sig rules, we could make the forums look a little more unified. I'm not talking about saying set a limit for the max sig pic size, but maybe say that all sigs need to be non-animated and the same exact size. Maybe allow one link under the sig that can't extend beyond the end of the image?

Yeah. It has a sort of gestappo feel to it, but I don't think it's that big of a deal and I know it would certainly make things look a bit tighter overall.

madhatter210Jun-08-05 08:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#314, "RE: Possible sig pic discussion?"
In response to Reply # 2
Jun-08-05 08:07 AM by madhatter210

Originally posted by DR1665
You're a drunken newb, but it's an interesting idea. I know I'm just as bad as anyone else when it comes to sig pics, but I think that, if we had some sort of sig rules, we could make the forums look a little more unified. I'm not talking about saying set a limit for the max sig pic size, but maybe say that all sigs need to be non-animated and the same exact size. Maybe allow one link under the sig that can't extend beyond the end of the image? Yeah. It has a sort of gestappo feel to it, but I don't think it's that big of a deal and I know it would certainly make things look a bit tighter overall.
I think that could be reversed, there are some massive sigs now that take up the whole screen, mine is animated but very small and I don't think its intrusive at all and very low key. I think its just the large ones with 15 lines of mods under it also that well could be made a little smaller. I think keeping along the lines of 250 x 500 is a good idea for a max size. And yes brian, when its hot out and I drink I turn into a drunken newb who mess's with firefox settings and forgets about it

2gnt T-shirts&swag

ModeratorEvuLFleAJun-08-05 03:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#315, "RE: Possible sig pic discussion?"
In response to Reply # 3

We have the largest sigs on any board I've ever seen.

I have a 20.1" LCD and their shit still takes up my entire screen.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

TeamDR1665Jun-08-05 06:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#317, "RE: Possible sig pic discussion?"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm going to have a quick smoke, then I'm going to come in, resize my shit in Elements and do my part. I just really like the idea of everyone on the site having the same sized sig pic. I think that would make a statement to people when they browsed the forums.

TeamDR1665Jun-08-05 06:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#318, "RE: Possible sig pic discussion?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by DR1665
I'm going to have a quick smoke, then I'm going to come in, resize my shit in Elements and do my part. I just really like the idea of everyone on the site having the same sized sig pic. I think that would make a statement to people when they browsed the forums.

Done.

MalenkoJun-08-05 07:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#319, "RE: Possible sig pic discussion?"
In response to Reply # 6
Jun-08-05 08:21 PM by Malenko

I complained about sig sizes the most and Ive always kept mine right around the size it is now, typically its 450 in length, 150 in height this particular sig is 12 pixels wider then normal, so you can take in all that is the crooked FMIC

I will say I like the size of driggs new one 400x 145 I think I might redo mine *again*

come on brian, we can start the revolution

you like this one instead? or should I just redo my current one in the new standard size?

madhatter210Jun-09-05 04:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#320, "RE: Possible sig pic discussion?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Malenko

I like that one ^^^^^^ and to keep with the sig changing spirit and becoming more uniform mine has changed also.

2gnt T-shirts&swag

TeamDR1665Jun-09-05 06:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#321, "RE: Possible sig pic discussion?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Malenko
come on brian, we can start the revolution

I like that idea. Way to go Robert for jumping on the bandwagon. Anyone else feel like going to a 400x145 sig? I think this thread looks pretty good now.

In case you didn't click my links, the first is to my NDSMR profile on Daisy, the second to the az2gnt home page, and the third links to the factory service manuals like Dino has been doing all this time.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-09-05 06:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#322, "RE: Possible sig pic discussion?"
In response to Reply # 9

Not sure it'd be easy / possible to add code to force all sigs to one standard size. if we simply make a rule limiting sig sizes, no one will report them so it'll never be enforced.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #311 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic