Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #47843
View in threaded mode

Subject: "did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
WtngclanMar-30-03 08:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47843, "did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"

my car is having a problem in second and third gear and sometimes forth when accelerating .. it will start bucking and just keep at it whenever im in those gears.. my mechanic did the spark plugs, wires, coilpack, and fuel pressure regulator and it keeps at it .. it's going back into the shop monday to be checked out again but i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas .. engine was rebuilt like 3 months ago ..the car has 140000 miles on it and it has the origninal tranny in it .. new headers/clutch/etc

thanks for any input

Another BANNED asshole.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
fauchpjMar-30-03 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47844, "RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"
In response to Reply # 0

mine did the same thing. i unhooked the map and plugged it back in and it runs fine now. just the map acting up i suppose. is your sheck engine light on?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fasterGSMar-30-03 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47852, "RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"
In response to Reply # 1

clogged cat?

DinkjsMar-30-03 01:39 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
#47869, "RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"
In response to Reply # 2

I am feeling stupid right now...were is the MAP at on our car?????

Performance: Stuff that makes my car run better or go faster

Looks: Stock because looks doesnt make my car go faster or run better

Weight Reduction: CF Hood, No A/C or Powersteering Accessories, No rear interior

97eclipseRSMar-30-03 01:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#47870, "RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"
In response to Reply # 3

it's on the end of the intake mani(pass. side). it has a small plug connected to it. the plug is connected to the top.

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

JMar-30-03 05:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#47878, "RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"
In response to Reply # 4

Well HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I just posted a WTB on some Magnecore Wires on the Sales forum/section.

I'm gonna try unplugging it & putting it back in as well 2 C if it's the prob. What Xactly is the MAP, background, consequences?

I've got 3 other friends here who have 97-99 Eclipses: Me & 2 of my 3 friends R all having the same freaking stuttering prob & it's driving us nuts!

I've already got brand new NGK BKR5E-11 (or whatever) 1 hot range hotter as they've been in there a bit (don't remember what the adv is, just been using 1 hot range hotter now on my past 2 Eclipsi). Replaced my Valve Cover Gasket ~1yr ago, no oil. I 2 am trying 2 replace the wires, then coilpack, then fuel regulator. All I can think is that it's either an ignition or fuel prob. MayB 2 much fuel?

P.S.
Any1 know where I can buy some NEW Magnecore 8.5mm plug wires?

P.P.S.
My wires Rn't that old, I replaced them probably a year ago (cheap AutoZone stuff, NOT Magnecore or NGK)

P.P.P.S.
I MADE my car stutter 2day, was in 4th gear @ ~2k RPM's going like 30mph... my CEL light flashed real quick (4 the 1st time) & then just went away. I'm hoping 2 get the code @ AutoZone 2 C what the prob is.

Thanx,
- J

- J

JMar-31-03 07:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#47900, "RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"
In response to Reply # 5

Well, I just got back from AutoZone... Cylinder #2 Misfire. Already ordered the mag wires just a min ago. I also unplugged the MAP & plugged it back in (w/ car on ) & it did noticably help but U can still tell the prob is there, just not as bad. I don't suppose there's any way 2 actually replace that sensor as it C'ms 2 B in the manifold permanently

P.S.
Sorry 4 the little hijack of the thread, same prob

Good info,
- J

- J

WtngclanApr-02-03 01:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
938 posts,
#48041, "RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"
In response to Reply # 6

>Well, I just got back from AutoZone... Cylinder #2 Misfire.
>Already ordered the mag wires just a min ago. I also
>unplugged the MAP & plugged it back in (w/ car on ) & it
>did noticably help but U can still tell the prob is there,
>just not as bad. I don't suppose there's any way 2 actually
>replace that sensor as it C'ms 2 B in the manifold permanently
>
>
>P.S.
>Sorry 4 the little hijack of the thread, same prob
>
>Good info,
> - J

it's all good .. im gunna try that map senor today .. my mechanic seem to have fixed it tho the car was running great last night but the check engine light came on again so i have to run it by him to see what the code is .. i'll find out what he did and fill you in tho ..

Another BANNED asshole.

coppereclipse95Apr-02-03 05:59 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#48056, "RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"
In response to Reply # 7

did the wires,plugs,coilpack,unplugged/plugged the MAP, but still the same problem. So, what next??

1995 Eclipse RS

JApr-02-03 07:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#48065, "RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"
In response to Reply # 8

Thanx, I'd B interested 2 C what this guy did 2 fix your prob. My mag wires R supposed 2 B coming in 2day & I'm getting a bit anxious.

P.S.
Wondering about my O2 Sensors if it's just getting flooded w/ gas.

- J

- J

WtngclanApr-02-03 03:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
938 posts,
#48097, "RE: did plugs, wires, coilpack, fpr whats next?"
In response to Reply # 9

well the engine light came on because my mechanic disconnected my pcv valve .. that fixed my problem completely so far he told me to let it run like this for a few days then we'll try pluggin it back in to see if it bucks again then i guess replace that... my problem was definately fixed tho when that valve was disconnected ..

Another BANNED asshole.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #47843 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic