Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #76861
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Water Sound in Dash... progressing" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dJun-30-04 05:36 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76861, "Water Sound in Dash... progressing"

Hey i've a similar post to this before but I wish to discuss this progressing problem as to what might be the cause of it? Is it serious or typical?

When i start my car (cold) I can hear the sound of water swishing by comming from the middle to passenger side of the dash. AND -- when I press the gas and rev the engine, it makes the noise... but after it warms up, the sound is gone.

Any thoughts, experiences or opinions?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
UberingramJun-30-04 05:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76862, "RE: Water Sound in Dash... progressing"
In response to Reply # 0

Heater core. Top your coolant level off? Make sure there is no air trapped in the system.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

.bs0dJun-30-04 05:40 PM
597 posts,
#76863, "RE: Water Sound in Dash... progressing"
In response to Reply # 1

Heater core could be bad? I frequently have to top off my coolant, is that another symptom of bad heater core? And how do i get air out of the system, leave the car running without the radiator cap?

SteveJun-30-04 05:59 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
#76864, "RE: Water Sound in Dash... progressing"
In response to Reply # 2

that happend to me..spl told me it was just the radiator havin fun...but anyway just flush coolant system and then refil then run the car with the top off till there arent any bubbles bouncing around and the coolant staying level. Then no air shall be there.

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

97whitESiJul-01-04 08:45 AM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#76883, "RE: Water Sound in Dash... progressing"
In response to Reply # 3

maybe its your thermostat opening?

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

thedawgJul-01-04 10:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#76887, "RE: Water Sound in Dash... progressing"
In response to Reply # 4
Jul-01-04 10:54 AM by thedawg

You have air trapped in your cooling system. Open the radiator cap when the car's cold and you'll probably see that it's empty.

You'll also find that your heater stops working at the same time.

99% chance it's a leaking headgasket, burning off coolant.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-01-04 12:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#76889, "RE: Water Sound in Dash... progressing"
In response to Reply # 5

Nah. Just coolant in the heater core. Mine's always done that.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

.bs0dJul-01-04 08:42 PM
597 posts,
#76926, "RE: Water Sound in Dash... progressing"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by thedawg
99% chance it's a leaking headgasket, burning off coolant.

^^Eh, thats something I didnt wanna hear. But, how can it be burning off coolant if it only happens at cold starts? (when it hasnt been started for a day or so).

SPL_EclipseJul-02-04 05:52 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#76938, "RE: Water Sound in Dash... progressing"
In response to Reply # 7

wow..the first time ive seen dinos reply go completely ignored, lol.

its normal. you may have a little bit of air trapped in there causing the sound, but its not going to hurt anything. as usual, keep an eye on your temps and coolant level. its really not that complicated.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

thedawgJul-02-04 06:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#76939, "RE: Water Sound in Dash... progressing"
In response to Reply # 8

IMO you should never have ANY air in your cooling system. It's normal if you've recently flushed your coolant. Otherwise you have a leak somewhere. The cooling system is designed to purge out any air, it does take some time though, maybe a day or two. If the reservoir is at max, and the radiator has been topped off a few times, and then after a week or two you've got air in the heater core again... you have a leak.

If you simply allowed the system to run dry, or for some reason your heater core is blocked and not allowing the air to purge out of the system, maybe you should use a cooling system flush- either the one in the can or the pressurized backwards method. Refill and if it doesn't happen again, no worries.

sek95GSJul-02-04 06:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
406 posts,
#76941, "RE: Water Sound in Dash... progressing"
In response to Reply # 9

dood, get your radiator fixed or buy a new one. Cuz that nice leak isnt halping anything.
Gabe

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #76861 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic