Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #121064
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000" This topic is locked.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Previous topic | Next topic
NightEclipseRSOct-12-06 06:12 AM
Member since Jan 08th 2003
42 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121064, "Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
Nov-25-03 08:16 AM by NightEclipseRS

Hey guys finally I completed this swap , Feel like cussin for joy but I wont hehe. That shit is Hard! I got frustrated at points. 1st gens and 2nd gens don't mix. Just found out Im the first in the class to do first gen turbo into 2nd gen non turbo, cause RRE said they only did a 2ndgen 4g63 swap into another 2nd gen non turbo. I did the swap because I was tired of most' of the gst guys putting some of 2gnt guys down, saying this type of swap is impossible or cost over $8,000, and because I wanted to go faster hehe. Besides swap only cost me 3 grand in total. So it was a good investment because the car I took the engine from was already a modified gst. Umm I don't know what to say speechless Im done after 5 months and 3 days! if any of the 2gnt people ever need help because your going to do this or just got questions hit me up on aim : SolarBlueEclipse I'll be happy to help now that ive done this type of swap it might be easier for everyone else only reason why I went first gen swap to 2gen non turbo is because I heard those 4g63 engines had no crank walk and were stronger. Enough Talk here are the pics. Socal 2gnt---

For more info if you want to do the swap go to http://www.cardomain.com/id/lightningfast
For More pics go to http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=10108&cat=500

Thanks to everyone RRE, GSR motorsports, V&A Autobody, and Jimenez Auto Electric on 51st and Main St. Thanks everyone

http://www.ms-planet.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
JenNov-25-03 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121065, "RE: Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
In response to Reply # 0

Congrats! Looks like it was a lot of work and an even bigger mess...

Jen
95 Eagle Talon ESi
97 Mitsubishi Spyder GS-T
90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

UberingramNov-25-03 08:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#121066, "RE: Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
In response to Reply # 0

Glad you got it working...any CEL's?

NightEclipseRSNov-25-03 08:26 AM
42 posts,
#121067, "RE: Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Uberingram
Glad you got it working...any CEL's?

Naa hehe.

JenNov-25-03 08:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#121068, "RE: Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
In response to Reply # 3
Nov-25-03 08:27 AM by Jen

Originally posted by NightEclipseRS
Naa hehe.

At least not yet

Jen
95 Eagle Talon ESi
97 Mitsubishi Spyder GS-T
90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

NightEclipseRSNov-25-03 08:37 AM
42 posts,
#121069, "RE: Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
In response to Reply # 4
Nov-25-03 08:39 AM by NightEclipseRS

Originally posted by Jen
Originally posted by NightEclipseRS Naa hehe.
At least not yet Jen 95 Eagle Talon ESi 97 Mitsubishi Spyder GS-T 90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

hehe been there "CEL's" done that hehe ya I might see some today Im going to go get a custom downpipe made by www.2kracing.com its like 20 minutes away in van nuys. I need one they did my downpipe a lil wierd cant seem to take oil filter out hehe oh well performance is the way to go.
ok maybe not a lil hehe . g2g go to 2k now talk to you guys later thanks for the support:cheers

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-25-03 09:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#121070, "RE: Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
In response to Reply # 5

You got a good deal. I wouldn't have done it in a million years, but for all the work involved, you got away very cheap. How does it perform?

For some reason, i hate this thread. I guess it was only a matter of time before someone actually did this, and i can't help but feel badly about it. So now, every fucking dumbshit newbie is going to be asking about this, and expect a genuine answer. Thanks.

This is a sad day for me.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

turbo8uNov-25-03 09:14 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#121071, "RE: Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by DarkOne
You got a good deal. I wouldn't have done it in a million years, but for all the work involved, you got away very cheap. How does it perform? For some reason, i hate this thread. I guess it was only a matter of time before someone actually did this, and i can't help but feel badly about it. So now, every fucking dumbshit newbie is going to be asking about this, and expect a genuine answer. Thanks. This is a sad day for me.

stop whining

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

DarkOne> Screw you guys, i'm going home.

tim97rsNov-25-03 09:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#121072, "RE: Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
In response to Reply # 7

hey Cool! im new here and was wondering if i could do a 1G 4g63 swap into my GST thats has had a 420a transplant into it cause of crankwalk and better turbo performance. i wann keep my 420a tranny and just do a flywheel cluthc conversion. Can this be done?

Oh yea, can you provide me with a complete parts list and ECU wiring diagram.

thanks

ImA NoOB!

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

TeamMichael_97RSNov-25-03 09:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#121073, "RE: Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by tim97rs
hey Cool! im new here and was wondering if i could do a 1G 4g63 swap into my GST thats has had a 420a transplant into it cause of crankwalk and better turbo performance. i wann keep my 420a tranny and just do a flywheel cluthc conversion. Can this be done? Oh yea, can you provide me with a complete parts list and ECU wiring diagram. thanks ImA NoOB!

I want a new emoticon :bitchslap... all for you Tim.

http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
Mods List: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

turbo8uNov-25-03 09:30 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#121074, "RE: Modified 1st gen 4g63 engine into 96 RS only $3,000"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by tim97rs
Oh yea, can you provide me with a complete parts list and ECU wiring diagram. thanks ImA NoOB!

LMFAO

yea duh sceatbelt conversion on my gst to gsx was perty d0pe y0, gave me couple horsies to da wheels, except my gas gauge convurseion leaks gauge fluid out of the thing...so its kinda weird, and stuff. dee es em rangurs f0 life!

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

DarkOne> Screw you guys, i'm going home.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #121064 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Previous topic | Next topic