Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #113092
View in threaded mode

Subject: "All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Previous topic | Next topic
bzossJan-31-05 02:16 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
298 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113092, "All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"

For quite some time here I have seen many people come out and say that they are going to break the 200whp with all motor, bla, bla. For the most part they are laughed at and told turbo or juice it up. Well, I am here to say that you guys are right. Look at my mod list, which is still lacking. I have done EVERYTHING short of the juice or turbo. I have to say that I would have loved to get more out of the car given that I poored so much money, time, and effort into it. But the facts are, our cars just don't make power all motor. We need the forced induction to make power.
So, here they are, the dyno results. Unfortunately, I can't upload the picture for some reason right now, but anyhow.

126 ft-lbs of torque was max torque
135 whp was max horsepower

These numbers are extremely disapointing. Especially considering that before the rebuild, I was making about 20 hp less than I am now. And before I tuned the car on the dyno, I was making just as much as before. But once I tuned the fuel, etc. I gained the 20 hp that I have more than before now.

This is more or less to give all those all motors heads some down to earth advice. If you want to make a lot of power, turbo. That is the most cost effective way to make big power. If you add up the cost to all those parts I bought, they way more than pay for the cost of a turbo upgrade.

I am going to try and get the dyno page to post shortly. Till then, maybe you all have some tuning comments for me to help me get a bit more out of the beast. And don't worry, the juice is coming.. ...

Oh, and she detonates like a screemin' whore. I have to get some retard control on her soon.

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
CollenteJan-31-05 02:25 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#113093, "RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"
In response to Reply # 0

Something isn't tuned right with your setup.
What do your 02 voltages look like? Bad 02 sensor? Have both of them hooked up? Is your timing correct? compression #'s?
With basic bolt-ons and cam gears compact car Mag made 175whp on the dyno.

Somethings not right.

Nick
97RS

THX KAPTAIN MYKE FOR HOSTING! www.kaptainmyke.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CarbonFiberRSTFeb-01-05 04:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#113094, "RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-01-05 04:48 AM by CarbonFiberRST

Originally posted by Collente
Something isn't tuned right with your setup. What do your 02 voltages look like? Bad 02 sensor? Have both of them hooked up? Is your timing correct? compression #'s? With basic bolt-ons and cam gears compact car Mag made 175whp on the dyno. Somethings not right. Nick 97RS THX KAPTAIN MYKE FOR HOSTING! www.kaptainmyke.com

Don't know if I am thinking of the same mag but I saw a mag about 3 years ago and their baseline was about 112 or 111.XX whp stock and they got it to 119.XX or 12X.XX or something like that with a header, catback, intake and i think it was pulleys(not sure about cam gears) i was new to the game when i saw the mag. 175 seems HIGH to me, but i r stupid.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

cougar694uFeb-01-05 08:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#113095, "RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
Don't know if I am thinking of the same mag but I saw a mag about 3 years ago and their baseline was about 112 or 111.XX whp stock and they got it to 119.XX or 12X.XX or something like that with a header, catback, intake

You're right:

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0204it_ppeclipse/

Import Tuner did it. With only a CAI, Header and exhaust, it pumped out 119hp and 122 ft/lb. With adjustable cam gears, they got 126 and 127 out of it.

I'm sure somethings wrong with your tuning. My guess is timing's off.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

CollenteFeb-01-05 02:34 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#113096, "RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by cougar694u
Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST Don't know if I am thinking of the same mag but I saw a mag about 3 years ago and their baseline was about 112 or 111.XX whp stock and they got it to 119.XX or 12X.XX or something like that with a header, catback, intake
You're right: http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0204it_ppeclipse/ Import Tuner did it. With only a CAI, Header and exhaust, it pumped out 119hp and 122 ft/lb. With adjustable cam gears, they got 126 and 127 out of it. I'm sure somethings wrong with your tuning. My guess is timing's off.

There ya go, i knew it was something with a 7 lol

Nick
97RS

THX KAPTAIN MYKE FOR HOSTING! www.kaptainmyke.com

420a2nerJan-31-05 02:25 PM
Member since Aug 23rd 2004
181 posts,
#113097, "RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"
In response to Reply # 0

damn you should be making like 160+ with that shit. Maybe you need a different set of cams .

TeamAvengerJan-31-05 03:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#113098, "RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"
In response to Reply # 5
Jan-31-05 03:06 PM by Avenger

Sounds about right to me. Don't know why you got bigger injectors though. Probably wouldn't even max out the stockers. Though it's definitely not tuned to it's maximum potential. The cams are pretty mild as well. For NA you'd need something much more aggressive. What'd you set the cam gears to as well? There is NO WAY you should be detonating on 10.5:1 compression so there is something wrong right there (unless you're using 87 octane).

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

TeamMichael_97RSJan-31-05 04:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#113099, "RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah there's something wrong with your set up. You are running premium gas right?

At 10.5:1 you shouldn't be detonation. Are you sure the physical timing is correct? Any check engine codes?

What air fuel ratio are you tuning to on the dyno?

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
Assasin of Joy

bzossFeb-01-05 06:00 PM
298 posts,
#113100, "RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"
In response to Reply # 7

That is what I can't figure out. I had the deck shaved, but I don't know exactly how much the machine shop took off... maybe a little more than I wanted... or the pistons could actually be the 12.5:1 instead of the 10.5:1 I ordered. From experience and what I have heard on this forum, Howell's rep is not so good with everybody... but that is a different thread. Anyhow, I am pretty sure that it is detonation.
I have to agree with the fuel injectors comment as well. I had to lean the crap out of my fuel mix to get it where I wanted it. I have it at -32% on the safc II controller. LOL...
But hey, it is right on the money now, also I am going to be running nitrous soon, so I will not have to worry about going lean when I juice 'er up.
I have the cams set at advance 2 degrees on the intake and retard 2 degrees on the exhaust. I would have played with them more, but when I did that last adjustment on them I gained a whole .4 Hp on the Dyno when I was tuning the fuel and cam gears, so I left them alone.

And for whoever said my cams are not agressive, they are a decently agressive cam. I would still like to drive this thing daily, LOL.

I was hoping for that number you were all putting out there, the magic 175whp. And I have to say that I am pretty damn dissapointed. I won't rule out the fact that I may not have everything tuned just perfect, but I will say that there is no way in hell I am going to get another 40whp from my shitty tuning job.
Before I tuned everything I was at like 116whp. I gained a solid 20whp from my tuning job. In some parts of the power curve I gained a total of about 27whp. So I think I did a good job tuning. The most I think I can pull out of her is MAYBE another 3-4whp... MAYBE, but I doubt it.

Anyhow, if any of you have any tips I am open for sudgestions.

I am getting a timing retard module to hook up to my ignition to hopefully get a few more whp, maybe break 140whp lol, and get rid of that damn knocking.

Thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming!

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

bzossFeb-01-05 06:05 PM
298 posts,
#113101, "RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"
In response to Reply # 8

Oh, I am tuning to about 13 for the fuel on the dyno, and yes, I have a CEL. For many things actually... my cars computer hates all these mods. Which brings me to a bitching point... No one out there makes after markey computers for the 98 and up GS... so I am stuck with this one which is probably robbing me of some power, and keeping my rev limit at 7200. With as wide as my power band is, I would like to be shifting around 7500-7700, but my damn limiter kicks in. That and I still cant go faster than 125mph, cuz my computer cuts my fuel out...

and I do run 93octane gas. all the time... shell or chevron only! (got stock in 'em)
Oh yea, everyone, only use chevron gas... it is the best ever... it makes your car go faster.... j/k

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

TeamDR1665Feb-01-05 06:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#113102, "RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by bzoss
Which brings me to a bitching point... No one out there makes after markey computers for the 98 and up GS...

You need to do some research on the the Megasquirt w/ spark control. You determine rev limits and fuel cut. You have a decent set up, and you could really afford to play around with you AF with some more accuracy imo. A SAFC isn't going to cut it. I would suggest resetting the cams to 0* each, installing MSnS w/ wbO2, and tune your AFR for max power across the board. Then go to the dyno and spend your time tweaking the cams. That's what I would do anyways.

As for figuring out actual compression ratio, why not post some comp test numbers?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #113092 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Previous topic | Next topic