Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=113092&mesg_id=113100
113100, RE: All Motor 2GNT Dyno Results
Posted by bzoss, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That is what I can't figure out. I had the deck shaved, but I don't know exactly how much the machine shop took off... maybe a little more than I wanted... or the pistons could actually be the 12.5:1 instead of the 10.5:1 I ordered. From experience and what I have heard on this forum, Howell's rep is not so good with everybody... but that is a different thread. Anyhow, I am pretty sure that it is detonation.
I have to agree with the fuel injectors comment as well. I had to lean the crap out of my fuel mix to get it where I wanted it. I have it at -32% on the safc II controller. LOL...
But hey, it is right on the money now, also I am going to be running nitrous soon, so I will not have to worry about going lean when I juice 'er up.
I have the cams set at advance 2 degrees on the intake and retard 2 degrees on the exhaust. I would have played with them more, but when I did that last adjustment on them I gained a whole .4 Hp on the Dyno when I was tuning the fuel and cam gears, so I left them alone.

And for whoever said my cams are not agressive, they are a decently agressive cam. I would still like to drive this thing daily, LOL.

I was hoping for that number you were all putting out there, the magic 175whp. And I have to say that I am pretty damn dissapointed. I won't rule out the fact that I may not have everything tuned just perfect, but I will say that there is no way in hell I am going to get another 40whp from my shitty tuning job.
Before I tuned everything I was at like 116whp. I gained a solid 20whp from my tuning job. In some parts of the power curve I gained a total of about 27whp. So I think I did a good job tuning. The most I think I can pull out of her is MAYBE another 3-4whp... MAYBE, but I doubt it.

Anyhow, if any of you have any tips I am open for sudgestions.

I am getting a timing retard module to hook up to my ignition to hopefully get a few more whp, maybe break 140whp lol, and get rid of that damn knocking.

Thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming!
I generated this page in 0.0081191062927246 seconds, executing 6 queries.