Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8260
View in threaded mode

Subject: "2 quick questions about this diff" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
rshisslerOct-14-09 01:54 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2008
172 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8260, "2 quick questions about this diff"

First question: Do these safty braces need cut down so they dont break the speed gear off?

2nd: How do you replace this bearing? It feels really lose compared to the bearing thats on my old diff. The outer cage moves up and down alot.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
ModeratorbullettdsmOct-14-09 03:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8261, "RE: 2 quick questions about this diff"
In response to Reply # 0

The "safety brace" is a good thing. It helps keep the diff pin in place when people want to do one wheel burnouts. It does not need to be cut down.

The bearing is press fit. You will need to press it off and press it back on.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCOct-14-09 09:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8262, "RE: 2 quick questions about this diff"
In response to Reply # 1

i guess i'm anal....

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

RoninEclipse2GOct-14-09 11:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#8263, "RE: 2 quick questions about this diff"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
i guess i'm anal.... http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo269/eclipse8129/July-17_1325. jpg

post pics when your diff pin makes an awesome hole in the gearbox!

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

rshisslerOct-14-09 08:23 PM
172 posts,
#8266, "RE: 2 quick questions about this diff"
In response to Reply # 1

from readin on here and searchin around ppl say that the "ears" need to be cut down alittle becuase they are to tall and chip the speed sensor gear and break it off while spinning. I know what the safty braces are for thats why i bought them to install with the PG LSD. I just dont wanna install the diff and then have to remove it again becuase its break gears

420agreenvilleSCOct-14-09 10:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8267, "RE: 2 quick questions about this diff"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-14-09 10:13 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC i guess i'm anal.... http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo269/eclipse8129/July-17_1325. jpg
post pics when your diff pin makes an awesome hole in the gearbox!

yea, cuz w/out these bracket's, they do that...??? i'm not doin one wheelers ronin...

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-15-09 02:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#8268, "RE: 2 quick questions about this diff"
In response to Reply # 4
Oct-15-09 02:47 AM by bullettdsm

Originally posted by rshissler
from readin on here and searchin around ppl say that the "ears" need to be cut down alittle becuase they are to tall and chip the speed sensor gear and break it off while spinning.

Hmm. News to me. I've installed 4 or 5 sets of these with no issues, but cutting off the tops will harm nothing. Better safe than sorry (if some are saying that they had that issue). Possibly an older style diff pin saver than what they have out?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq

ModeratortekleinOct-15-09 05:59 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#8269, "RE: 2 quick questions about this diff"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by rshissler from readin on here and searchin around ppl say that the "ears" need to be cut down alittle becuase they are to tall and chip the speed sensor gear and break it off while spinning.
Hmm. News to me. I've installed 4 or 5 sets of these with no issues, but cutting off the tops will harm nothing. Better safe than sorry (if some are saying that they had that issue). Possibly an older style diff pin saver than what they have out?

That was the old design. Any current ones in the last couple of years or so do not need to be trimmed.

I had this discussion with Mikey when he bought his.

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-15-09 03:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#8272, "RE: 2 quick questions about this diff"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by rshissler from readin on here and searchin around ppl say that the "ears" need to be cut down alittle becuase they are to tall and chip the speed sensor gear and break it off while spinning.
That was the old design. Any current ones in the last couple of years or so do not need to be trimmed. I had this discussion with Mikey when he bought his.

Aha, good to hear. I thought I was going a little loopy (well, more than normal).

MB

Captain Caveman

420agreenvilleSCOct-16-09 01:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8273, "RE: 2 quick questions about this diff"
In response to Reply # 8
Oct-16-09 01:55 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

mine didn't have to be, but because i'm an anal butt monkey, i trimmed it even w/ the diff plateau. it made me feel better.

read this http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=86055&hilit=diff+pin+brackets good info there.

taken from there, "Update 7-24-05: This is the part number for the newer "diff saver plates" that are shorter than the above noted brackets. These brackets can be bolted in as-is, they do not need to be cut down."

JUST LEAVE ME ALONEEEEEEEEE I'M ANAL... ...

rshisslerOct-16-09 11:38 PM
172 posts,
#8274, "RE: 2 quick questions about this diff"
In response to Reply # 9

well that link says that i should cut them down but i dunno. Guess i'll just install it and see if i need to trim it or not.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8260 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic