Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectRE: 16-20psi boost on a stock a604... dumb or smart...?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=4390&mesg_id=4394
4394, RE: 16-20psi boost on a stock a604... dumb or smart...?
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would imagine by most ppl's responses is no, its dumb. I don't really have a choice right now though. I'm about to be built (motor) and wanna drop it in and go. On the other hand, I believe I have all the parts for the 5 speed swap except for the actual transmission w/ brackets itself. That's not something i'd like to handle right now. I'd like to get the motor in, broken in, and run everything smoothly, THEN I will worry about the 5 spd swap.

I want to know the limits on the a604. I want to know what is dumb and what is not. I want to know what to avoid and what not to avoid. I'm not a nooob on the a604, i know it can handle some hp/torque, but not everything that is thrown at it. I want to know limits on OEM a604's (newer 99 design). I need advice on what to do with that in mind. No I will not swap extremely soon, and no I will not build the a604. I want high boost, but just not enough to break the tranny. Just tell me what would hold for some time. 15 psi? 12 psi? 50 psi? lol

I hope this helps to clear out the answers that i'm looking for. I appreciate everyones replies and will take everything that is said into consideration 4 my decision.

Just for clarification, there was another a604 post about... I think the title was like "high boost..." something. I might can find the post and link it here but I asked a very general question about this there as well. Another user responded mentioning that the a604 can take it as long as its from a roll, which I will always be doing. 8psi first gear, 15 or more (depending on the tranny bogging down) in second, and so fourth... ok enough typing

here's the post I was talking about:
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=3571&mode=full
reply was from mcgyvr
I generated this page in 0.0074119567871094 seconds, executing 6 queries.