Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3571
View in linear mode

Subject: "any concerns boosting on an auto?" Previous topic | Next topic
95redESIatApr-24-05 09:06 AM
Member since Jul 01st 2004
40 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3571, "any concerns boosting on an auto?"

I am planning on turbocharging my 95 esi automatic this summer. I was planning on boosting around 5-7 psi for right now and I was just wondering if I should have any concerns about putting the extra power to my transmission. Any help would be appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mcgyvrApr-24-05 09:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3572, "RE: any concerns boosting on an auto?"
In response to Reply # 0

nope not at those boost levels.
just run an extra tranny cooler (which you should do stock or turbo'd anyways) and youll be just fine. of course shit does happen

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinApr-25-05 02:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#3575, "RE: any concerns boosting on an auto?"
In response to Reply # 1

Same opinion here. My crappy AT has held up to about 5 years of 6 psi. With a cooler, temp gauge, and reasonably sensible driving, you should be ok.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

silvreclipsersMay-01-05 04:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#3579, "RE: any concerns boosting on an auto?"
In response to Reply # 2

I would do a tranny flush, new filter, extra cooler, and get a temp gauge.

420agreenvilleSCSep-12-07 06:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#4326, "RE: any concerns boosting on an auto?"
In response to Reply # 3

bump! lol, actually, i was wondering how it'd do w/ 20 psi w/ a 2700 stall TC and a shift kit.

Last long? or am I pushing it...

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

mcgyvrSep-13-07 12:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#4327, "RE: any concerns boosting on an auto?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
bump! lol, actually, i was wondering how it'd do w/ 20 psi w/ a 2700 stall TC and a shift kit. Last long? or am I pushing it...

All depends on how hard you are launching/starting from a stop...
Races from a roll you can do all day long with the a604.. But hard launches and your asking for trouble. Its a known fact that the a604 is far from the best tranny.. A couple guys have run tons of boost and made it years on it (of course then they eventually damage it and convert to manual..

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3571 Previous topic | Next topic