Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2012 Buschur Racing DSM/EVO ShootOut topic #100
View in linear mode

Subject: "Caravans?" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorxcasbonxJul-31-12 12:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100, "Caravans?"

I know not everyone is leaving the same day etc...just curious if anyone has any caravans going on.

I'm up in the northern Indiana area. Will be on the Indiana 80/90 Toll Road, and then the Ohio Turnpike the rest of the way until the exit to Norwalk.

Things are a bit different this year with peoples traveling/logistics, so I'm just trying to get a feel for whats going on and the possibility of meeting up with some people to drive the way there.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Caravans?, Fotowntalon, Jul-31-12 01:29 PM, #1
RE: Caravans?, Eric, Jul-31-12 05:08 PM, #2
RE: Caravans?, Fotowntalon, Jul-31-12 06:13 PM, #4
RE: Caravans?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Aug-01-12 05:51 AM, #5
      RE: Caravans?, Eric, Aug-01-12 07:01 PM, #8
           RE: Caravans?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Aug-02-12 06:53 AM, #9
RE: Caravans?, Slo2g, Jul-31-12 05:09 PM, #3
      RE: Caravans?, TeamDR1665, Aug-01-12 03:24 PM, #6
           RE: Caravans?, Fotowntalon, Aug-01-12 04:12 PM, #7
                RE: Caravans?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Aug-02-12 06:55 AM, #10
                     RE: Caravans?, Fotowntalon, Aug-02-12 09:10 AM, #11
                          RE: Caravans?, TeamDR1665, Aug-02-12 09:11 AM, #12
                               RE: Caravans?, Fotowntalon, Aug-02-12 09:17 AM, #13
                                    RE: Caravans?, Eric, Aug-02-12 02:30 PM, #14
                                         RE: Caravans?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Aug-02-12 08:39 PM, #15
                                              RE: Caravans?, ModeratorVX100, Aug-05-12 09:16 AM, #16

FotowntalonJul-31-12 01:29 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 0

Leaving Friday as well here. I'd love to join a caravan or meet people and take them. Coming form the NW, I suggest going from (80) the turnpike to Perrysburg, and taking 20 from there. The road is easy, will be quicker and cheaper than the turnpike (basically runs parallel). More than happy to up with people and lead the way or follow (as long as its not real far out of the way)

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EricJul-31-12 05:08 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2004
252 posts,
#102, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 1

Plan on leaving Chicago Friday at sunrise.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS
1/4: 16.15 @ 87.35mph

FotowntalonJul-31-12 06:13 PM
350 posts,
#104, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Eric

What route you taking? Maybe me and Cas can meet up with ya

"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-01-12 05:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#105, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 2

Eric, if you want to meet up at mile marker 90 in Elkhart lets make it happen. We could then meet up with Steve and save a few bucks taking his route vs. staying on 80 through Ohio.

EricAug-01-12 07:01 PM
252 posts,
#108, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by xcasbonx
Originally posted by Eric Plan on leaving Chicago Friday at sunrise.
Eric, if you want to meet up at mile marker 90 in Elkhart lets make it happen. We could then meet up with Steve and save a few bucks taking his route vs. staying on 80 through Ohio.

Doesn't everyone (IL, MI, IN) usually meet at South Bend? What's this other route? I'd rather shave time then bucks on Saturday morning.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-02-12 06:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#111, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Eric Plan on leaving Chicago Friday at sunrise.
Doesn't everyone (IL, MI, IN) usually meet at South Bend? What's this other route? I'd rather shave time then bucks on Saturday morning.

Southbend/Elkhart.

https://www.getizoom.com/rates/docs/TollRoadInfo.pdf

If you look at that map, its the Burger King/Pizza Hut/Starbucks Plaza. That's what I was referring to as mile marker 90. As far as I know that's where we have always met up.

I'm assuming if we were to meet up with Steve, it would be at mile marker 146 the Dairy Queen/McDonalds plaza.

Do what you wanna do though, I was just making a suggestion.

Slo2gJul-31-12 05:09 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#103, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 1

Leaving Thursday morning here, early am. Don't know of any caravans that are going to be here, probably making the 10 hour drive solo

TeamDR1665Aug-01-12 03:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#106, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 3

See you fools next year. It will be interesting to see how many infants and toddlers there will be at the 2013 DSMSO...

FotowntalonAug-01-12 04:12 PM
350 posts,
#107, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 6

2 from me, 2 from Dino, Cas, has 2, jason 3.. jesus, we are being out numbered by the little ones. Dave has 1, i know there are others.

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-02-12 06:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#112, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Fotowntalon
2 from me, 2 from Dino, Cas, has 2, jason 3.. jesus, we are being out numbered by the little ones. Dave has 1, i know there are others.

Correction, Dave has 2 now. 2013 will be awesome.

FotowntalonAug-02-12 09:10 AM
350 posts,
#113, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Fotowntalon 2 from me, 2 from Dino, Cas, has 2, jason 3.. jesus, we are being out numbered by the little ones. Dave has 1, i know there are others.
Correction, Dave has 2 now. 2013 will be awesome.

Wrong thread dumb ass

TeamDR1665Aug-02-12 09:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#114, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 11

I say it's the right thread.

FotowntalonAug-02-12 09:17 AM
350 posts,
#115, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 12

I am the dumb ass. I was thinking you started a separate thread for this... Anyways... 20 runs basically parallel to 80 so should be just as quick, if not quicker, because then you don't have 15 min drive south from the turnpike to hit Norwalk. But Either way, I'd love to meet up with you guys...

Also aren't we talking about Friday traveling not Saturday?

EricAug-02-12 02:30 PM
252 posts,
#119, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 13

Yes, Friday not Saturday. Sorry.

Yea, that's the plaza I was thinking of. Will try to meet you guys there. Need to figure out timing and contact info.

-Eric

97 Eclipse RS

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-02-12 08:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#122, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 14

Yes, Friday not Saturday. Sorry. Yea, that's the plaza I was thinking of. Will try to meet you guys there. Need to figure out timing and contact info.

574-933-four seven seven eight

I can leave whenever, so just give heads up when you plan to leave and I will plan accordingly to meet you.

ModeratorVX100Aug-05-12 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#127, "RE: Caravans?"
In response to Reply # 15

In the new england area, people will be leaving thursday and friday morning, very early, from one of the rest stops (blanchard, I think, at 6:00 am) along I 90. Send me a message if you need more info. I will be driving out thursday morning.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2012 Buschur Racing DSM/EVO ShootOut topic #100 Previous topic | Next topic