Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2010 DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT topic #245
View in linear mode

Subject: "2010 DSM/EVO ShootOut Results thread..." Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-22-10 02:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#245, "2010 DSM/EVO ShootOut Results thread..."

http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/26679-18th-Annual-DSM-EVO-Shootout-results-thread

Yet another year has come and gone and the biggest Shootout to date is now a part of history.

The weather forecast really stunk this year. It went from a 30% chance to a 70% chance rain. We got a real small shower during the dyno competition on Saturday and it was late enough in the day it didn't effect anything. Sunday the weather prediction was really bad........man do I want a job where I can constantly be wrong and keep my job. It was beautiful all day long. Not a drop of rain, hot as hell with a slight breeze. The race was over for atleast an hour before a brief down pour came through and then was gone.

The attendance was way up from last year. The best growth we've seen in a single year in quite some time. Official count was:

2017 spectators
205 Racers

Very nice!

This year for me will be remembered for a few reasons. Here is my list:

1. The year the autocross came back to the shootout.
2. The year I made my first ever 10 second pass in an AWD or a 5 speed!!!
3. The year of the race car.

The weekend was started off with the car show/dyno competition at Buschur Racing. Once again the streets through town were closed off for the huge crowd that showed up. This years crowd was even larger than in the past and I'd give an honest estimate of 1,000 or more people being here in town. It's quite rediculous, in a good way! We had food vendors/pizza on hand and the highest horsepower cars as a whole that we've ever seen.

The Stock appearing turbo Dyno King was Chris Young with his EVO9 and 554 whp.
The Non stock appearing turbo Dyno Kind was given to Mike Reichen with his EVO2 and 941 whp.

Mike Reichen's 941 whp was also the highest number we've ever had made on our dyno by any car.

Just out of curiousity I took all the cars dyno'd and added up their horsepower and divided it out to see the average, average of all the cars dyno'd worked out to 525 whp. That is a strong field of cars. We dyno'd 20 cars Saturday.

This year we added a class called Max Effort. This class had 4 sub divisions which were divided into DSM/Mitsubishi powered cars on street and race tires and a class for EVO's on street/race tires. This was also the first year since 2002 that I personally competed in the shootout and I really enjoyed it. I was in the Max Effort E/Race class. 4th place with the BadBish in the autocross and I made my first ever 10 second AWD/5 Speed pass running a 10.5 and 10.4 on low boost.

The winners were awarded a nice plaque (Made in the USA) and $250 for 1st, $100 for runner up and $50 for semi finals.
CBRD also awarded a radiator to Evo Eliminator.
Gills Tees awarded a T shirt to 1st Place in Quick, EE, ESA, DSE.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2010 DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT topic #245 Previous topic | Next topic