Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #866
View in linear mode

Subject: "ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Last topic
Thunderous_TalonFeb-11-02 11:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#866, "ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"

I really really hate to be a bad guy here. Given anyone that knows me i am anything but. I try to help as much as I can, as do alot of other people and more so. But in the last 2months we have gotten over 300+ members from what ive seen. it took us 2.5 yrs to get that many, now we have over 800+members, given half of them dont post and some are double names... but regardless. if you think you have a question that has been answered. which i can almost guarentee 75% of them have. Use the search engine. it will save our admin costs and keep us from using up as much space. We are lucky now to have a search engine, when the site was originally started it was on continuous thread and one page it was horrible. so we are now fortunate to have one. please use it. i promise it will be the biggest help to you. yeah it maybe difficutl to find somethings but you will find what you are looking for.
Thanx
Sean

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Feb-11-02 11:28 AM, #1
RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, PowerEclipses, Feb-11-02 12:09 PM, #2
RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, SonicYan, Feb-11-02 01:31 PM, #3
      RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, HondaHater21, Feb-11-02 01:39 PM, #4
RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, silvreclipsers, Feb-11-02 01:51 PM, #5
      RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, silvreclipsers, Feb-11-02 01:51 PM, #6
           RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, HadesOmega, Feb-11-02 02:48 PM, #7
                RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, Thunderous_Talon, Feb-11-02 04:55 PM, #8
                     RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, mitsuman, Feb-11-02 07:34 PM, #9
                          RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, 1TuffRS, Feb-12-02 02:06 AM, #10
                               RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, Kory, Feb-12-02 03:03 AM, #11
                                    RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, evan2, Feb-12-02 04:49 AM, #12
                                         RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Feb-12-02 05:07 AM, #13
                                              RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Feb-12-02 05:57 AM, #14
                                                   RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, 98GST16, Feb-12-02 06:08 AM, #15
                                                        RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, JJPhatStrat, Feb-12-02 08:45 AM, #16
                                                             RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, Fast420A, Feb-12-02 08:50 AM, #17
                                                             RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, RSin oRACLe, Feb-12-02 08:55 AM, #18
                                                                  RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Feb-12-02 09:28 AM, #19
                                                                       RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, klipzracer, Feb-12-02 10:35 AM, #20
                                                                            RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, jesse, Feb-13-02 01:41 AM, #21
                                                                                 RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-13-02 01:57 AM, #22
Agree and locked..., TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-13-02 02:18 AM, #23

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Feb-11-02 11:28 AM

#867, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with sean on this one, so imma back him up. Not being rude at all guys. If you have a question, please search first then Private Message someone if you cant find the details. Or, check out www.vfaq.com as well. Alot of your questions should be answered. Thanks.

PowerEclipsesFeb-11-02 12:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#868, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 1

learn the way guys! SMACK!

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

SonicYanFeb-11-02 01:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#869, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm a virgin. Does that count?

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

HondaHater21Feb-11-02 01:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#870, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 3

I like virgins

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/hondahater21

Change Your own Blinker Fluid! --> http://geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

silvreclipsersFeb-11-02 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#871, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 1

can I which my engine with one of those from the GSX?

silvreclipsersFeb-11-02 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#872, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 5

hehehe, j/k

HadesOmegaFeb-11-02 02:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#873, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 6

Yes and don't forget to go to the actual 2GNT website. That's: http://www.2gnt.com
Lotsa good info there, read it before you go posting question that have already been answer on the webpage. The we wouldn't get so many engine swap questions if people would go there first.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Thunderous_TalonFeb-11-02 04:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
#874, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 7

Definitely do check out the main page. it will be very helpful as well... i really hate to be pushing this. but its getting ridiculous lately

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

mitsumanFeb-11-02 07:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#875, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 8

true dat. wow ther has been countless amounts of posts these past few weeks asking if we can do engine swaps, should i go turbo, what do i need for turbo, etc. guys, all this info is on the board you jes gotta find it. thats what the trusty search engine is for. and if you really cant find it there, than you can ask. but plz plz search theroughly before posting. thnx guys and ill try to do the same too.

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Performance:
1. AEM cold air intake
1. NGK plugs

Ride:
1. motegi mr7 17'' wrapped
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

In room:
1. blitz front end(thnx 2
eclipse804)
2. H&R sport springs(thnx 2
eclipse804)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list... but a
boy can dream

coming very soon:
1. CF hood

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

1TuffRSFeb-12-02 02:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#876, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 9

yeah please use the search function folks and the main page is definitely a good resource as well. Hey moderators I dont know if you guys can make changes to the main page but do you guys plan on using Evulfleas handling stages for the page.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

KoryFeb-12-02 03:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#877, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 10

listen to the man!

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

evan2Feb-12-02 04:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
#878, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 11

sean for president horraayyy yeaaa...

I love dino and 2gnt. ####ers (my word) bliz stole it but i let him borrow it

9D9 MITSU RSFeb-12-02 05:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#879, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 12

Well, still, if someone has a question that has already been answered, and they need a quick answer, it is sometimes faster to post. It also wastes space saying, it's already been answered, so just be helpful and don't be an ass to them by saying, search it, beeyotch! Just help 'em out or leave it to someone else. You gotta remember, we were all new at some point and we didn't know everything about these cars, and most of us are still learning new things. Just help them out if they do for some reason post it, and I think some of the older posts should be deleted to save space, because I hardly ever search because it takes a while, and if I ask something, I need a fast answer. And not everyone on here has a cable connection, so think about that too, the search could take a while on a 56k connection. Sorry if this makes u mad, but it's the way I feel. Help people out no matter what they ask. If you get tired of questions, maybe this isn't a place for you, it's a discussion board, where people ask questions and discuss things.

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Feb-12-02 05:57 AM

#880, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 13

^ 9d9 DOES have a point, though.

98GST16Feb-12-02 06:08 AM
Member since Jan 20th 2002
312 posts,
#881, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 14

Also all the needless replies above me aren't necessary either . I'm guilty sometimes so I apoligise. I think alot of us do read and use the search but are still looking for confirmation that we're doing stuff the right way and maybe there's a better way to do something now than there was a year ago in the archived post? Just a thought - sorry I'll try not to post.

JJPhatStratFeb-12-02 08:45 AM
Member since Dec 10th 2001
471 posts,
#882, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 15

I ran into the same problem at GA.dsm.org. Honestly, I don't know how it works...the whole posting/space/bandwidth thing. Is somebody paying money for this site? Is there a certain amount of space they can use? I can understand a "goodness of your heart" approach to helping people out...a lot of member's websites are like that, but if someone is actually having to pay so that people can post dumb stuff (I would consider half of my posts kinda dumb)...then the moderators definitely have a right to get upset and delete and lock posts. I dunno...I do have to admit that I end up feeling kinda like a jackass when somebody tells me not to post or locks my threads up, but that is probably because I am uneducated as to the real reasons they do it.

Pictures -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/carpics.htm

Tunes -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/mp3page.htm

Fast420AFeb-12-02 08:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#883, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 16

>Is somebody paying money for this site? Is there a certain
>amount of space they can use?

Yes and yes. . . they do have only a certain amount of space that we can use and we have already gone past that and had to upgrade once.

I can understand a "goodness
>of your heart" approach to helping people out...a lot of
>member's websites are like that, but if someone is actually
>having to pay so that people can post dumb stuff (I would
>consider half of my posts kinda dumb)...then the moderators
>definitely have a right to get upset and delete and lock
>posts. I dunno...I do have to admit that I end up feeling
>kinda like a jackass when somebody tells me not to post or
>locks my threads up, but that is probably because I am
>uneducated as to the real reasons they do it.

Yup thats the only reason why they lock up stupid posts, we don't have enough space.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
MSD DIS-2 Ignition System
Some Regrind Cams that need High Compression (which I don't have)
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Drop in K&N Filter and open airbox
Custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust with Dual DTM Muffler
Empty Catalytic Convertor
Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
Hurricane_GS Short Shifter
Symborsky Shift Kit
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Modular
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit
Alpine Flex4 25W X 4 for Fronts and Rears
Alpine V-12 450W X 1 for Subs
Infinity Reference Series 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter component systems for fronts and rears
Blaupunkt 3 way 6x9's in the rears
3 MTX 5000 10" 12 ohm subs running 4 ohms mono

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

RSin oRACLeFeb-12-02 08:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
154 posts,
#884, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 16

guys remember the good old days ..when the board was cheap but full o facts ...hmmm i miss those days ..now it seems like we keep repeating ourselves

Unorthadox racing pulley
Aem short ram intake
Apex-i N1 cat-back(2.5)
Nakiyama flat black euro tails
Black projection headlights
Oz m

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Feb-12-02 09:28 AM

#885, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 18

guys remember the good old days ..when the board was cheap but full o facts ...hmmm i miss those days ..now it seems like we keep repeating ourselves

..now it seems like we keep repeating ourselves

klipzracerFeb-12-02 10:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#886, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 19

^you fooker!

jesseFeb-13-02 01:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#887, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 20

perhaps this post should be locked then because half of it is just a waste of space with people saying things over and just saying yup or whatever. If space is that big of an issue the first post should have been posted and then locked after that. Not trying to be rude but this post contradicts itself

-------------------------------

1997 Dodge Avenger - 13.7 @ 105

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-13-02 01:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#888, "RE: ATTN: NEWBIES AND 2GNT VIRGINS!"
In response to Reply # 21

The Grand Prix owners' site has strict rules about making posts that just say something like "I dont know - hmmm - ok - I agree" and after like the third time they email you and if keeps being a problem they kick you.

Mike, ur kicked.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-13-02 02:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#889, "Agree and locked..."
In response to Reply # 0

Okay fellas, I think we're all on the same page, but the usefulness of this discussion has unforunately disintegrated to a waste fo space.

But we do need something in terms of having people check the FAQ's first, then searching, and then asking.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #866 Previous topic | Last topic