Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #819
View in linear mode

Subject: "New guy...." Previous topic | Next topic
squirley8888Nov-25-08 04:03 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2008
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#819, "New guy...."

First time posting here just discovered the forums i always use to use the PNC and CAPS on this site always thought there was good info here and just found more with the forums.My main plan was to keep it a street legal, but that's quickly fading away since I will be staying N/A and still trying to pull good numbers. Now I'm just trying to keep it streetable. The car has undergone some serious weight loss I will post new pictures up tonight. The interior panels will go back in though to retain a somewhat stock look(I'll explain later) Not too much in the way of show basically the GB bumpers switch to my flat black powder coated rims and the whole car is getting painted a pearlescent white inside and out. The car won't be strictly just drag, I live right next to a road course and our drag strip got closed so it will be a little of both.
But basically here's a list of items I have or plan to get
10:5:1 pistons
Stage 3 Slowboy head
Stage 2 Crower cams
Cam Gears (brand undecided)
I'm making a custom intake manifold with a similar design to all motor mikes
AEM v2
MSD DIS2 + wires
Stop-Tech BBK
Crank scrapper
Slowboy Oil pan
MSnS hopefully PnP
Venom fuel rail
there more I just have to remember
I'm looking to get 190hp maybe 150-60ft-lbs

When I got it(it was actually flat black when i got it)

Started tearing her down

Still need to loosen the brake booster to get the rest of the pad out.

The whole wiring harness was taken out all unnecessary wires removed such as HVAC controls, cigarette lighter, cup holder light, SRS computer all air bag wiring, radio component wiring.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Moderatorcs82685Nov-25-08 04:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#820, "RE: New guy...."
In response to Reply # 0

Looks like a fun project (except for that last pic) Good to have you hear, and cool to hear about hitting up the road course with the 2gnt.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2GeclipseRSNov-28-08 10:18 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#823, "RE: New guy...."
In response to Reply # 1

Are you leaving it stripped like that?

If so +1.

If i learned anything about my dsm, it was heavy.

P.S. you're shifter cables look fresh out of the box.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

squirley8888Nov-28-08 11:34 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2008
3 posts,
#825, "RE: New guy...."
In response to Reply # 2

Yea the car will remain stripped for the most part only the dash and the door panels will go back in. The rear windows are all getting removed and lexan getting put in.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #819 Previous topic | Next topic