Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #439
View in linear mode

Subject: "sup from La" Previous topic | Next topic
NA2G99May-18-08 05:33 PM
Member since May 17th 2008
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#439, "sup from La"

louisiana that is, I've had an interest in 2G eclipses since the first days of GT on playstation and was lucky enough to find a nice one a few months ago, its a very basic 99 rs but fun to drive (5spd), heres a few pics the day I bought it and what little I've done to it, I've lurked on dsmtuners for awhile and glad I found this site because its more intune to my car

-Terrence

it had a few tweeks (like the miss aligned hood) 89,000 miles on it

first thing I did was take the decals off of the windows, then this

installed new drop coils and shocks,

I got lucky and found some stocker tails at the local salvage yard, couldn't handle the simulated cf tails anymore, also had a magnaflow muffler installed

just about every plastic piece that could be removed on the interior was painted red by the previous owner, he did a poor job, I ended up taking it all out and repainted it (the right way!) black

the most recent mod I did to the car was a b&m short through shifter and man it made a big difference, hope to learn alot about my car from this site!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: sup from La, Moderatorteklein, May-19-08 04:27 AM, #1
RE: sup from La, RoninEclipse2G, May-19-08 07:23 AM, #2
      RE: sup from La, Moderatorteklein, May-19-08 07:37 AM, #3
           RE: sup from La, NA2G99, May-19-08 04:31 PM, #4
                RE: sup from La, Nightfall, May-20-08 02:47 PM, #5
                     RE: sup from La, Moderatorteklein, May-20-08 04:28 PM, #6
                     RE: sup from La, NA2G99, May-21-08 05:57 PM, #7
RE: sup from La, NA2G99, Jun-13-08 12:34 PM, #8
RE: sup from La, Flipboi89, Jun-13-08 05:20 PM, #9
      RE: sup from La, foggy45, Jun-14-08 02:46 AM, #10
           RE: sup from La, freelancefool, Jun-14-08 04:29 PM, #11

ModeratortekleinMay-19-08 04:27 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#440, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 0

Great find bro!

I like it :

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GMay-19-08 07:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#441, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 1

Nice car. looks like you're doing it right

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratortekleinMay-19-08 07:37 AM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#442, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 2

Seriously, what Magnaflow number was that?

Dimensions, inlet, outlet?

I have been looking for one but cant find it.

Hows it sound?

NA2G99May-19-08 04:31 PM
9 posts,
#443, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 3
May-19-08 04:32 PM by NA2G99

Originally posted by teklein
Seriously, what Magnaflow number was that? Dimensions, inlet, outlet? I have been looking for one but cant find it. Hows it sound?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MPE%2D12158&N=700+4294922710+4294891681+4294791975+4294906128+4294906131+4294906129+4294783519+115&autoview=sku

heres a direct link to the one I bought, it's single 2.5" in and dual 2.5" out, the body length is 14", I had the shop put 2" tips to make it look as stock as possible lol, its quiet compared to the straight pipe I had but sounds pretty good, between 1500-1600rpms its really deep (drone) but other than that its great,

-thanks guys

NightfallMay-20-08 02:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#448, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 4

Welcome!
Car looks good, what are the future plans for it? and what part of LA are you from?

ModeratortekleinMay-20-08 04:28 PM
1699 posts,
#449, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 5

Didnt even think of Summit! I kept looking at the Magnaflow site

NA2G99May-21-08 05:57 PM
9 posts,
#451, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Nightfall
Welcome! Car looks good, what are the future plans for it? and what part of LA are you from?

thanks, I'm just going to drive it as is for now, not sure if I'm going to go for more power or not, bought it because its good on gas(compared to my chevy pickup lol), I'm in Lafayette,

NA2G99Jun-13-08 12:34 PM
9 posts,
#493, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 0

heres acouple better quality pics

Flipboi89Jun-13-08 05:20 PM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#494, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 8

clean looking car man keep it up!

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

foggy45Jun-14-08 02:46 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#495, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 9
Jun-14-08 02:46 AM by foggy45

Grats on the de-ricing and making it clean man!

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

freelancefoolJun-14-08 04:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#496, "RE: sup from La"
In response to Reply # 10

Darn. I was hoping you would be in the Baton Rouge area. Nightfall is up in Monroe and crab1082something is from Hammond.

Nice car. Have fun with it. There is a lot of good information here and the people here are willing to give you pointers on a lot of stuff if you are having problems tracking stuff down.

My Blog

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #439 Previous topic | Next topic