Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #2278
View in linear mode

Subject: "Formal Intro for new but old guy" Previous topic | Next topic
armyguy1027Sep-04-12 11:44 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2012
14 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#2278, "Formal Intro for new but old guy"
Sep-04-12 01:25 PM by armyguy1027

Hello, My Name is Mike and I have been registered for quite some time now. Just wanted to take the time to formally introduce myself and to thank all the members of 2GNT for the great website and all the information I have found when it comes to modding and fixing my own car. I have a 98 Eclipse GS Auto that I have been working on for sometime now. After about the last year or so of just getting the Eclipse up and running good, I have started more towards the mods of it. I havent really got alot done to it yet besides CAI,Headers,16" OZ Canovas but its a start. Anyways, I did venture up to the Shootout this year and loved it. Lots of great people there and watching and seeing the things people can do with these cars has given me alot of inspiration to get mine finished. I am a mechanic now for Fifteen years for the U.S. Army so most my backround comes from Hummers and all our stuff here. Been Deployed a couple times now but now that Im in the States here im looking forward to getting my Eclipse all done and running good. Not going for a super modded race car but a real nice and quick street car as its my daily driver. Anyways Thanks alot for the wonderful site again and keep up the good work. Anyone else here from Indiana by chance Im from Franklin where I currently stay.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-04-12 12:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2279, "RE: Formal Intro for new but old guy"
In response to Reply # 0

Thank you for your service and welcome!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinSep-04-12 02:00 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#2280, "RE: Formal Intro for new but old guy"
In response to Reply # 1

Sweet!

Welcome man. Post some pictures and your progress!

ModeratorxcasbonxSep-05-12 06:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2281, "RE: Formal Intro for new but old guy"
In response to Reply # 2

First off, thanks for your service and the formal introduction. I'm from the northern part of Indiana about 30 minutes south of South Bend. Franklin is roughly a 3 hour drive on a good day.

I contributed to the Wiki.

armyguy1027Sep-05-12 11:37 AM
14 posts,
#2282, "RE: Formal Intro for new but old guy"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks guys for the welcome. X I do believe I seen your car at the shootout. I remembered seeing a black Eclipse with Indiana tags on it there. I think I even have a pic of it. Anyways, I'll try and post a few pics up here after while of my eclipse as I still need to learn how to post them to the site. Im used to other ways of just browsing and uploading...lol Anyways I appreciate the welcome and look forward to keep learning more about the 420A and everything that goes along with it. On another note it looks like I'll be doing my timing belt this weekend and switching to the mechanical tensioner. I have to take it apart anyways to track down this oil leak I seem to have found.

armyguy1027Sep-05-12 12:23 PM
14 posts,
#2283, "RE: Formal Intro for new but old guy"
In response to Reply # 4

Think I figured out how to add a picture. I apoligize in advance if this shows up real big. Ill have to figure out how to downsize them but here is a pic I had on my phone of my Eclipse after I put on the OZ Canova Wheels. I got great deal on these and drove all the way to Virginia to buy them. Guy posted them on Ebay as stockers for an RX7 and I won at $200.00 with tires.. Couldnt pass it up.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #2278 Previous topic | Next topic