Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #2241
View in linear mode

Subject: "New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves" Previous topic | Next topic
sfhawkeyeJun-21-12 05:10 PM
Member since Nov 16th 2008
10 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2241, "New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"

I've been on here lurking and reading, and finally decided to introduce myself.
I'm 23, live in MN and I'm on Talon No. 2.
I got my first Black top/red body 97 talon about 6 years ago, last year I crunched that one. Picked up a 98 blacktop/red body for $400 with a bad synchro on 2nd. So I'm working to fix the old one for nostalgic reasons, but I've been piddling around with the 98.

All I have done for the 98 is CAI.
The 97 I put my effort into.
Complete 420a tear down and rebuild. I boosted it at one point on stock everything with 140xxx miles and ended up blowing all the seals out of it. So I undid everything and went NA once again. Rebuilt a known good 420a out of an Avenger cleaned evrything up, went to a couple meets.

Currently has CAI, 2.25" Header back, gutted CAT, Big fart can muffler.
AEM Tru-Time adjustable cam gears, Stock ECU, Stock Injectors. MSD Wires, BKR7E Plugs (I like em frigid). Plans are to keep it as DD but I do want to pick up an AFX ECU for a 97 so if anyones got one lemme know!

Other than that, I've spent many hours underneath and on top (lolz)
Hopefully I can contribute.

Thanks for havin me!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves, AdministratorCODE4, Jun-21-12 06:22 PM, #1
RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves, 740 turbo brick, Jun-21-12 06:43 PM, #2
RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves, AdministratorCODE4, Jun-21-12 06:47 PM, #3
RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves, sfhawkeye, Jun-21-12 07:28 PM, #4
      RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves, Moderatorteklein, Jun-21-12 10:25 PM, #5
           RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves, sfhawkeye, Jun-22-12 08:05 AM, #6
                RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves, sfhawkeye, Jun-22-12 11:00 AM, #7
                     RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves, sfhawkeye, Jun-22-12 11:03 AM, #8
                          RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves, Babbz413, Jun-23-12 08:05 PM, #9
                               RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves, sfhawkeye, Jun-24-12 04:58 PM, #10

AdministratorCODE4Jun-21-12 06:22 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2242, "RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome! And thanks for introducing yourself.

Questions:

Why one range colder? N/A applications typically run a range hotter. Why "frigid" as you state?

Also, what made you buy the cam gears? Just wanted some bling under the hood?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

740 turbo brickJun-21-12 06:43 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2243, "RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"
In response to Reply # 1

I thought 7s were our stock plugs? Ive always had them in mine.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

AdministratorCODE4Jun-21-12 06:47 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#2244, "RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"
In response to Reply # 2

No. 6 are stock.

---

2012 2500HD LML

sfhawkeyeJun-21-12 07:28 PM
10 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2245, "RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah I decided to go with the 1 range colder plugs when I boosted. I kinda stuck with em. I've also read that with N/A applications it tends to have a better outcome in the long run for people who like to hang around the upper RPM range. (e.g. ME)

As far as the cam gears go, my brother has owned every variation of the 420a, he builds neons all day NA boosted nitrous. So in his experience he found that retarding the intake cam just a bit helped gain a little power and run a little smoother. So he recommended the Tru-Times. I just have one on the intake cam, plus it was $25 for the gear!

ModeratortekleinJun-21-12 10:25 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#2246, "RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"
In response to Reply # 4

For what its worth - when I had Mandy tuned (10.5cr, Crane 18s, MS2) they told me to put the 7E's in it

Welcome!

sfhawkeyeJun-22-12 08:05 AM
10 posts,
#2247, "RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks! Yeah, I figure going 50 degrees colder on my summer car ain't such a bad idea anyway. I still get 20MPG comb. with the way I drive.

Oh I forgot to add I have Unorthodox UDPs on both my 97 and 98. I love the way these cars take them. I don't even notice a lack of PS, A/C, or Alt performance with it on. I DO notice a little RPM boost though. She runs up there nice and quick.

sfhawkeyeJun-22-12 11:00 AM
10 posts,
#2248, "RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"
In response to Reply # 6

Here's some photos of the 97. Last good ones before the wonderful accident.

sfhawkeyeJun-22-12 11:03 AM
10 posts,
#2249, "RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"
In response to Reply # 7

And then Destruction...

Makes me sad... Now I have to undo all the poo.

Babbz413Jun-23-12 08:05 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#2250, "RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"
In response to Reply # 8

Welcome! What's the juicy details on the crash? Im gonna guess you kissed a truck pretty good.

95 GS Boosted

sfhawkeyeJun-24-12 04:58 PM
10 posts,
#2251, "RE: New to the Forums, old to 2gnt's themselves"
In response to Reply # 9

Yeah it was a slower crash only going 35. A Ford Freestar slammed on its brakes and I couldn't react in time, plus I was looking away so that might have been part of it too. In any event, it was a submarine crash so I took most of the damage on the hood. After I got it home and started ripping into it I found it to be mostly cosmetic. I had to replace the radiator, headlight, power steering pump and pulley, and the exhaust header got pushed in a little so I picked up another of the exact same. I already have a new hood and fender and the bumper just needs to be resprayed.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #2241 Previous topic | Next topic