Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #2028
View in linear mode

Subject: "New and need help modding" Previous topic | Next topic
AxisJun-21-11 01:01 AM
Member since Jun 06th 2011
23 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2028, "New and need help modding"

I drive a 98 rs and I am turning it into a show/race car. The bad part though is it is an auto. I want to know what I can do to overcome the Auto curse and make my car a beast. Any advice would help thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratortekleinJun-21-11 01:38 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#2029, "RE: New and need help modding"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-21-11 01:39 AM by teklein

Originally posted by Axis
I drive a 98 rs and I am turning it into a show/race car. The bad part though is it is an auto. I want to know what I can do to overcome the Auto curse and make my car a beast. Any advice would help thanks.

In the wiki there is a article for swapping the car to MTX.

Quite a few have done it, including a guy local to me.

As for the engine, start searching and browse the wiki. All kinds of info!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ozeclipse99Jul-09-11 08:34 PM
Member since Jul 06th 2011
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2031, "RE: New and need help modding"
In response to Reply # 0

Ya know, having an auto car for a "race car" isn't the worst thing. In fact if you can get past the "my friends think i'm a loser because my car isn't a stick" having an automatic in a drag car is relatively a good thing. Now depending on what kinda power you have, the tranny would need upgrades. Converting to a manual transmission is a lot of work. It's up to you whether or not your skill is up to par. A lot of guys i track with have converted there manual cars to automatics. This is rather easy compared. First things first though, with an NA car...you gotta let her breathe.

99 Eclipse 1/4 12.97 at 114 mph

ozeclipse99Jul-09-11 08:35 PM
Member since Jul 06th 2011
4 posts,
#2032, "RE: New and need help modding"
In response to Reply # 2

oh, and I guess I shouldn't have assumed it would be a drag car. Sorry for that.

99 Eclipse 1/4 12.97 at 114 mph

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #2028 Previous topic | Next topic