Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1978
View in linear mode

Subject: "Re-Introducing myself on here." Previous topic | Next topic
likuitnMar-28-11 02:15 PM
Member since Oct 23rd 2008
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1978, "Re-Introducing myself on here."
Mar-28-11 02:19 PM by likuitn

San Diego CA
98 RS aka "Tato"
190+k

Well I rescued my RS some 4 years back, and work on it, mechanically more than anything, and had an accident on the freeway, that put be back to step one.

After first rescue

After Accident

after some work

today i have it a little bit better, but people on my apartment complex keep denting my ends, !@$$!. oh well. but after the abuse that it has undergone in the past year(weekly commute of 500mi) my attention has to go to back to the engine. I'm looking to 'upgrade' my pulleys, i need to anyhow,does anyone know where a can get a good kit for it?

I'll post some pics of how it looks currently, after i wash it, some time this week.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratortekleinMar-28-11 02:18 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#1979, "RE: Re-Introducing myself on here."
In response to Reply # 0

Dude, please post pictures. That would be the best save ever.

And there is really only one pulley that can be replaced, the crank pulley.

Unothordox Racing is the only manufacturer right now (besides eBay pullies) IIRC. You can find a AFX used sometimes.

Welcome back!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCMar-29-11 08:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1983, "RE: Re-Introducing myself on here."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by teklein
Unothordox Racing is the only manufacturer right now (besides eBay pullies)

why does this motivate me to replicate it...

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-30-11 08:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1984, "RE: Re-Introducing myself on here."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
why does this motivate me to replicate it...

If you do, don't replicate the UR or AFX, replicate the customcargrills.com easy-on/easy-off pulley. So much better...

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

likuitnMar-30-11 07:57 PM
Member since Oct 23rd 2008
6 posts,
#1985, "RE: Re-Introducing myself on here."
In response to Reply # 1

Well this is how it currently looks, im still a couple thousand dlls from where i want to be, i do most of the work myself, i just havent had time, or much money for that matter.

sorry about the glare i didn't notice it before the posting. You can notice the 'love bumps' my dear neighbors have left in the front and back bumper.

I'm really looking fwd,to sharing any progress, and learning from everyone's experience here.

I'll take some pics of the engine bay, i got to take care of power steering, dirty cooling system, loose water reservoir, pulley, and it needs some serious cleaning.

Also i'll share some pics of the suspension work i'll be doing soon, oh yeah, some underskirt pictures.want to do something serious, to withstand mountain road speeding conditions.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1978 Previous topic | Next topic