Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1951
View in linear mode

Subject: "New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics." Previous topic | Next topic
jgainesiaMar-26-11 05:02 AM
Member since Mar 25th 2011
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1951, "New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics."

Hi. Currently stationed at Fort Hood, Texas (army), currently deployed to Iraq as well. Just bought my first 2g close to my departure. I use to own an 03 GTS around 2003-2005. So I'm still considered a newb in the eclipse community. Anyways.. Bought a 1999 GS, Black, with 75,000 on it for $3500. Pretty good deal I thought..

For the future I'm definately looking for a turbo kit. I don't want or need the headache of a 10 second car or even a 13 second car. I'd be happy with 14.5 Just want a little extra boost and from what I've researched so far the basic bolt ons won't really get me there.

Currently running with full catback exhaust and a short ram intake. It's drawing in some heat from the header so I'm going to make a custom air box for the time being.

Ok enough bs from me.. pics are as follows. By the way.. Any PERSONAL experience with 420a turbo kits? Good? Bad? I'd almost be willing to follow an exact setup of someone who has had minimal problems and is running 6-10 lbs of boost. Thanks again for allowing me into your community.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics., AdministratorCODE4, Mar-26-11 06:32 AM, #1
RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics., jgainesia, Mar-26-11 10:43 AM, #2
      RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics., jdm1990, Mar-26-11 02:54 PM, #3
           RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics., Moderatorteklein, Mar-28-11 06:53 AM, #4
                RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics., 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-28-11 12:30 PM, #5
RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics., 2EclipseGSs, Mar-28-11 01:11 PM, #6

AdministratorCODE4Mar-26-11 06:32 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1952, "RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics."
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome, and pretty clean ride you picked up.

First question though, is that a PA horn under the hood? Or is that the siren for the alarm? It is huge!

Hahn and Treadstone are common and reputable turbo kit manufacturers for our platform. I have a Treadstone manifold and a Hahn FMIC, however everything else is custom on my kit. Just keep in mind if you want to swap out parts anytime soon, it is best to piece together your own turbo kit to save money rather than buying a complete kit (and subsequently replacing parts one by one, etc).

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jgainesiaMar-26-11 10:43 AM
Member since Mar 25th 2011
0 posts,
#1953, "RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics."
In response to Reply # 1

Hey thanks for the welcome. The big horn looking thing is for the alarm system. It's pretty decent. HORRIBLE Location I know. I'm new to turbo systems in general so I'll have to do some more research on all the required parts. How well does yours run? Did you do the install yourself?

jdm1990Mar-26-11 02:54 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
#1954, "RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics."
In response to Reply # 2

wow. really clean man, congrats!

ModeratortekleinMar-28-11 06:53 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#1972, "RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics."
In response to Reply # 3

I used to have that same color VC.

Clean car mang!

420agreenvilleSCMar-28-11 12:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#1975, "RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics."
In response to Reply # 4

nice 2gnt

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

2EclipseGSsMar-28-11 01:11 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2011
2 posts,
#1977, "RE: New 2g owner.. ex 3g owner. Pics."
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome!!!
Very nice DSM, is that foil over your fuse holder? LOL
I'm fairly new here also, make sure you use the search button first & then ask.
Thank You for Your Service.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1951 Previous topic | Next topic