Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1826
View in linear mode

Subject: "New member from Boise." Previous topic | Next topic
Shake_ZullaDec-03-10 04:41 PM
Member since Dec 03rd 2010
42 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1826, "New member from Boise."

Hey everyone it's nice to see a safe haven for all the 420a drivers out there. Just bought my 2nd 2gnt Eclipse two weeks ago. Was looking into getting another project and picked up a 96 RS. My first 2gnt was a 98 GS and I had huge plans for it untill the head gasket blew all the anti-freeze into my crankcase then cracked and blew a piston into the head. I spent many dollars fixing it and then got hit by a truck and that totaled my car so my first experience did not go that well. I, however, did come to be familiar with the 420A block so I decided my project car would be a GS/RS. I will be building this car for autocross. The kid who had it before me trashed the car but I got it for next to nothing. Basically I have a clean slate to start building. My plan is as follows:

This winter/spring I will focus on restoring the inside and outside.
This summer I will run it as is with only a cold air, headers, exhaust and tires on the track. I will use this time to make suspension and braking adjustments and purchases as I see fit due to performance on the track.
Next winter I’m gonna try to pull the motor, forge the internals, add a stage 2 turbo, and I’m thinking about the Hahn portfueler system.

My goal is to get over 300whp and I have nothing but time to get there. I will post pictures later (there is 6 inches of snow on the car right now) and I would like to start a build thread if there is one on this forum. Thanks guys I WAS a member of dsmtalk so it is nice to be home.

96 RS
95 Toyota pickup - 8" lift, 33's (sold)
07 Toyota tacoma - TRD Sport
13 Ford Fusion

I like logic more when it travels in circles.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New member from Boise., megaskillz, Dec-03-10 05:46 PM, #1
RE: New member from Boise., 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-04-10 12:57 AM, #2
      RE: New member from Boise., Shake_Zulla, Dec-07-10 09:37 AM, #3
      RE: New member from Boise., Guinness97, Dec-08-10 02:10 PM, #6
RE: New member from Boise., Shake_Zulla, Dec-07-10 11:10 PM, #4
RE: New member from Boise., Shake_Zulla, Dec-08-10 09:28 AM, #5
RE: New member from Boise., dalesmitsu, Dec-09-10 07:33 PM, #7
RE: New member from Boise., Shake_Zulla, Dec-10-10 11:02 AM, #8

megaskillzDec-03-10 05:46 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2008
105 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1827, "RE: New member from Boise."
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome aboard! I like the plans you have for your ride. Good luck with your project and can't wait to see your pics.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCDec-04-10 12:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#1828, "RE: New member from Boise."
In response to Reply # 1

i shipped a box out today that looked like ur state

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Shake_ZullaDec-07-10 09:37 AM
42 posts,
#1829, "RE: New member from Boise."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
i shipped a box out today that looked like ur state

Was it filled with potatoes? Cause that would be really ironic.

96 RS
13 Ford Fusion

Guinness97Dec-08-10 02:10 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2004
89 posts,
#1832, "RE: New member from Boise."
In response to Reply # 2

I received a box today that looked like your state!

Shake_ZullaDec-07-10 11:10 PM
42 posts,
#1830, "RE: New member from Boise."
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-08-10 07:16 AM by teklein

Here it is sorry that the pics are in the dark and with snow on the car. The kid I got it from trashed it but I paid next to nothing for it.

Look what he did

So I have a lot of work ahead of me. I might start a thread in the interior/exterior section so I can get some advice restoring the outside.

ADMIN: You only need to post the direct link to the photo. No tags

96 RS
13 Ford Fusion

Shake_ZullaDec-08-10 09:28 AM
42 posts,
#1831, "RE: New member from Boise."
In response to Reply # 4

Sorry about the tags on the pictures I noticed it but my laptop died before I could fix it.

96 RS
13 Ford Fusion

dalesmitsuDec-09-10 07:33 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#1833, "RE: New member from Boise."
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome, looks like mine as she sits all covered in snow. Only mine has back bumper broke/hanging and I stock wheels.

You've come to right place, for information and diy's for your 2g.

I recommend keeping it stock add 2gb talon skirts swirlie.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

Shake_ZullaDec-10-10 11:02 AM
42 posts,
#1837, "RE: New member from Boise."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Welcome, looks like mine as she sits all covered in snow. Only mine has back bumper broke/hanging and I stock wheels. You've come to right place, for information and diy's for your 2g. I recommend keeping it stock add 2gb talon skirts swirlie.

Yeah I didn't post all the pics, I also have bumper issues.
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105090&mode=full
It's takin me a couple weeks to track down all the bolts for the intake manifold and I'm missing half my screws and bolts for the front and rear bumpers and the interior. Somewhere there are a million bolts for my car in a neat little pile. Im thinking about doing the 2gb conversion though so hopefully I can get the hardwear with it.

96 RS
13 Ford Fusion

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1826 Previous topic | Next topic