Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #150
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware" Previous topic | Next topic
TuxdreamerxJan-31-08 07:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#150, "Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"

My name is Josh I have talked to some of you guys but now that I got a new camera with pics im going to fully introduce my car lol.

Strut tower rust pics

Cooked engine

Rims

Interior

Others

Ok now I had someone tell me I got ripped off.... I only paid $150 for the car, he had a brand new radiator for it that he said he paid 150 bucks for and he gave it to me... so I dunno let me know what you guys think.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-01-08 02:58 AM, #1
RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Fallen4ng31, Feb-01-08 03:52 AM, #2
      RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, TeamDR1665, Feb-01-08 04:38 AM, #3
           RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Tuxdreamerx, Feb-01-08 07:08 AM, #4
                RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Fallen4ng31, Feb-01-08 07:31 AM, #5
                     RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-01-08 11:16 AM, #6
                          RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, 95eclipse420A, Feb-01-08 04:30 PM, #7
                               RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Tuxdreamerx, Feb-02-08 09:50 AM, #8
                                    RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, 97gseclipsedude, Feb-03-08 06:47 PM, #9
                                         RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, totaleclipse_05, Feb-04-08 07:01 AM, #10
                                              RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, fasterimage, Feb-04-08 04:29 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Tuxdreamerx, Feb-05-08 07:25 AM, #12
RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Noogabox, Feb-20-08 06:53 AM, #13
RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Noogabox, Feb-20-08 07:04 AM, #14
RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Tuxdreamerx, Apr-28-08 08:34 PM, #15
      RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Fallen4ng31, Apr-29-08 08:44 AM, #16
           RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, TeamDR1665, Apr-29-08 12:40 PM, #17
                RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Tuxdreamerx, Apr-29-08 11:10 PM, #18
                     RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, 2GeclipseRS, May-17-08 12:23 PM, #19
                          RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware, Tuxdreamerx, May-19-08 07:27 PM, #20

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-01-08 02:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#152, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 0

For a 150 bucks, I think you got a hell of a deal. However that baby needs some serious TLC...clean her up and get her running! We'll be here to help you along the way. Good luck!

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fallen4ng31Feb-01-08 03:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#153, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 1

^^^ x2, or wait for another 2gnt and keep her as a parts car. Either way, Welcome!

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

TeamDR1665Feb-01-08 04:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#154, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 2

The seller probably used the $150 to pay his rent... at the salt mine.

Wow. It even looks like the exhaust manifold was rusted through? Caramba!

TuxdreamerxFeb-01-08 07:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#155, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-01-08 07:08 AM by Tuxdreamerx

Originally posted by DR1665
The seller probably used the $150 to pay his rent... at the salt mine. Wow. It even looks like the exhaust manifold was rusted through? Caramba!

yeah the exhaust manifold is just surface rust I THINK lol. It was his sons car and he didn't take care of it, I dont even think he EVER washed it. Those rims were brand new when he got the car like a year ago they just need cleaning but they airnt bad.

I defentily plan on cleaning it once I get it out of the garage. My camera made all that interior dirt show up so bad lol, lets just say armor all FTW.

Fallen4ng31Feb-01-08 07:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#156, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Tuxdreamerx
My camera made all that interior dirt show up so bad lol, lets just say armor all FTW.

Let's just say new upholstery FTW.

I hate hipsters.

ModeratorbullettdsmFeb-01-08 11:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#157, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 5

Welcome to the site, Rusty

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

95eclipse420AFeb-01-08 04:30 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2005
139 posts,
#158, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 6

I was gonna ask if you got her from the junk yard. She has been SERIOUSLY mistreated. It's gonna take some major therapy to bring her back around. LoL
Welcome to the community. Glad to have you here.

Banned

TuxdreamerxFeb-02-08 09:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#159, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by 95eclipse420A
I was gonna ask if you got her from the junk yard. She has been SERIOUSLY mistreated. It's gonna take some major therapy to bring her back around. LoL Welcome to the community. Glad to have you here.

no junkyard it was some kids car and he didnt take care of it I think he never even changed the oil... It needs lots of TLC.

97gseclipsedudeFeb-03-08 06:47 PM
Member since Jan 06th 2008
26 posts,
#162, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 8

no junkyard it was some kids car and he didnt take care of it I think he never even changed the oil... It needs lots of TLC.

thats like my sisters 99 cougar i changed the oil and got a increase in HP lol

totaleclipse_05Feb-04-08 07:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#163, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 9

Looks like you have A LOT of work if you want that thing in good condition again. I would find another one though and use this one as a parts car. It's in pretty bad shape and unfortunately, the value of these cars aren't very high anymore. Welcome to the forum.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

fasterimageFeb-04-08 04:29 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2007
69 posts,
#167, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 10

Welcome to the site man, Looks like you have a fun summer coming up for you, for a complete restoration. Goodluck!

TuxdreamerxFeb-05-08 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#168, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by fasterimage
Welcome to the site man, Looks like you have a fun summer coming up for you, for a complete restoration. Goodluck!

Well restoration will be starting soon, its going to a body shop in a week or two after I strip the front end down and tear out the engine. I am just having trouble with the drivers side cv shaft it will NOT come out of the hub. I got the passenger side out already. Most of the suspension parts need replacing I found a set of suspension parts on ebay for around $250 it includes 2x upper control arms, 2x lower control arms and 2x curved arms. that will take care of all my parts with rotted ball joints lol. I am also picking up a engine in a few weeks for about $400 from a local junkyard, I am going to just drive it with that engine then I will rebuild for high performance later this year. Then I will add boost after rebuild.

NoogaboxFeb-20-08 06:53 AM
Member since Feb 01st 2008
96 posts,
#211, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow theres some rust on that poor car. Well for 150 its a GREAT GREAT DEAL!!! First off theres obviously been water damage. I had to do the same thing , just not as bad.

1)uunbolt the seats and remove the carpet, This will tell you if theres any rust thtough on the inside. If there is then have a body shop weld steel shet metall over it, then spray it with some rustoleom, my favorite redneck place to go for welding here and there is Maxi muffler. If you give then the sheet metal they often will knock out the rust and weld it for about 35 dollars per 1/2 sq foot. You may want to have a body shop do the ones under the hood. It may be and extra 300 but it makes things easier! ), was your panels with mild soap and water.

2. have a fender put on and paint the whole stinking car while you have it apart do it looks good and doesnt rust agian! I was charged 1500 at a Local Certified First Shop " only uses OEM parts" Mine is just being finished this weekend.

You may have 2000-2500 it it before the body is right and its painted but you will feel like its worth it! Ofcourse there are budjet paint shops too but I would go with quality!

NoogaboxFeb-20-08 07:04 AM
Member since Feb 01st 2008
96 posts,
#212, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh I am SURE that there are several brackets that hold up your ecu, and brake resevoir and even your mount for the Shifter in side the car are rusting. I recomend unbolting every little clamp and Ucu mount , valve cover ect anything with rust you dont want to have rust and have them powdercoated black or a color of your choice. Having a guy sandblast , seal, and powdercoat a handfull of parts is a great investment over trying to find parts that arent rusted. I had 15 peices Coated , 2 valve covers, 2 intakes, a turbo housing, radiator hose clamps, blow off walve, thermostat housing, and even the rusting exhaust shield and box does it make a difference! I also has a couple other parts done and the whole set only cost $250 to coat doin all the parts at once. Powder coating will keep parts from continuing to decay and protect them from moisture. So all those brackets, and metal supports , valve covers, bottom motor brace ect can be reconditioned then powdercoated. It really worth the money and your work you have invested wont rust away.

TuxdreamerxApr-28-08 08:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#381, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 14

So sup guys I have made alot of changes in all of this talon stuff. I no longer am rebuilding the motor for the talon this is what im getting -

its a 97 eclipse gs
$400 bucks no rust but it no longer has a front bumper and the rear bumber needs some work but id rather actually have a eclipse they are both gonna take work but all I have to do is drop my motor from the talon in it they are both 420a the talon engine is being rebuilt at a shop right now so im just putting it in the eclipse its getting port and polished and everything the works at least the works for a NA motor. 727 bucks to rebuild it plus parts but I got all the parts. The sunroof may need replaced or adjusted the drivers side of the sunroof is like out father and it leaks also I have to use my hatch off the talon on the eclipse the eclipse had a wing shown in the pic but he took it off and someone stripped the wiper system and it has some rust on the hatch so mine is going on it. the talon is going to one of my car club members hes converting it to TSI more than likely he does professinal interior work and he may do some work in the eclipse if I give him the talon I may have him fiberglass the headliner and everything that Would look good. so I think I got a hell of a car going on for how little money I have had to invest let me know what you guys think

Fallen4ng31Apr-29-08 08:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#382, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 15

the talon is going to one of my car club members hes converting it to TSI more than likely

To your friend: "Good motherfucking luck."

I hate hipsters.

TeamDR1665Apr-29-08 12:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#383, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
the talon is going to one of my car club members hes converting it to TSI more than likely

Although, judging from the rust pictures, would you want someone to attempt such a ridiculous project in anything nicer?

TuxdreamerxApr-29-08 11:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#384, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Originally posted by Tuxdreamerx the talon is going to one of my car club members hes converting it to TSI more than likely
Although, judging from the rust pictures, would you want someone to attempt such a ridiculous project in anything nicer?

I dunno im just glad I dont have to deal with that mess I just gotta put the eclipse back together with my talons engine same exact engine I do believe. no rust on this one thank god and its newer

2GeclipseRSMay-17-08 12:23 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#436, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 18

That engine is so trashed.

LOOK AT THE CAMS!

$400 for a motor?

No way. I'd poke around u-pulls until i found a worthy motor long before paying that. That's just me though. You have to think of all the stuff you may have to replace on that next motor so $400 ends up turning into $550 and so on and so fourth. Sometimes you luck out and dont need crap. Sometimes you need everything down to a hone, re-ring, block and head decked......

Good luck on this other car though.

That kinda looks like the blue and white turbo 420a that i saw on youtube. Natedsm something or other i think his name was....

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

TuxdreamerxMay-19-08 07:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#444, "RE: Tux introducing his talon with pics 56k beware"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
That engine is so trashed. LOOK AT THE CAMS! $400 for a motor? No way. I'd poke around u-pulls until i found a worthy motor long before paying that. That's just me though. You have to think of all the stuff you may have to replace on that next motor so $400 ends up turning into $550 and so on and so fourth. Sometimes you luck out and dont need crap. Sometimes you need everything down to a hone, re-ring, block and head decked...... Good luck on this other car though. That kinda looks like the blue and white turbo 420a that i saw on youtube. Natedsm something or other i think his name was....

No, those engine pics are from my talon. The eclipse cams are in very good shape and actually the whole car is in good shape all the way around. The motor is just siezed im having it rebuilt fully. Also the head is going to get ported and polished. I'll take some pics and post them soon.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #150 Previous topic | Next topic