Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1333
View in linear mode

Subject: "New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now" Previous topic | Next topic
DSM_LUVJul-02-09 09:18 AM
Member since Jul 02nd 2009
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1333, "New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now"

Hey guys, My names Mike, i'm From CT. i'm New to 2GNT but i've been into DSM's for about 6 years now. I'd like to provide you all with a little back story about myself and past cars. My First car was a Dodge Stealth ES, Nothing Special, a few minor mods, and a 3000gt partial body conversion, drove it for around 2 years, and decided i needed something faster. I then Sold that and Bought a '90 Plymouth laser RS FWD, after about 8 months of Blood sweat and tears me and a few friends had Built a 400WHP car, then one day i Brought it to a shop to get a new fuel pump in because i didn't have the tools or time to do it, and i told them the car had no oil in it at the time and not to start it, or put oil in before starting it, and they decided to turn the car on after they put the fuel pump in ( w/o oil) and it ran for about 13 secs and seized the motor.... So i gave up on that and decided i wanted a AWD car so i Bought a '91 talon TSI. Swapped over Most of the parts and ended up with a 350AWHP car after about 2 years. So this leads me to December 2008, It was a cold winter morning, and i went to start my car to get to work, after about 20 turns of the key, i had nothing car just wouldn't start, waited a bit tried a few more times... few turns then it just started making a weird noise like it had no compression and/or the starter was broken. Replaced the starter....nothing changed. Come to find out Mice had chewed my Cam angle position sensor wires apart, which had thrown my timing off. At this point i was Furious with the car, i think it was in the garage about equal time it was on the road.....typical DSM, haha. So i decided i needed to get a better daily driver and keep the '91 as a weekend warrior. So That leads me to present day, I ended up purchasing a '98 Talon ESI from a friend. He had bought the car from a guy who was going to turbo it, so the Motor has been completely rebuilt with Forged Eagle Rods and JE pistons, also the head was rebuilt with Stage1 Crower Cams, Car ran great, but had some serious issues with the front end suspension as well as a few other things. Needed new lower control arms, New Struts, New axles, as well as New breaks, and The tires were showing steel they were so bald, regardless my friend bought it because it was an Extremely clean, well running car. After about a month he then decided that he didn't want to spend the money fixing the car so i bought it for $2,000. Since then i have Fixed Everything on the car, Done a Few Visual and Performance modifications. I have also Done new fuel system as i plan on boosting it in the near future. Here are a few pics of the car as it is now, and a few of my '91

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now, 95eclipse420A, Jul-02-09 10:22 PM, #1
RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now, DSM-ZERO, Jul-02-09 10:38 PM, #2
      RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now, red95eclipse, Jul-03-09 01:07 AM, #3
           RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now, DSM_LUV, Jul-03-09 07:20 AM, #4
                RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now, Nightfall, Jul-03-09 05:31 PM, #5
                     RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now, DSM_LUV, Jul-03-09 11:27 PM, #6

95eclipse420AJul-02-09 10:22 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2005
139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1334, "RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now"
In response to Reply # 0

That's a beautiful 2g talon you have there sir. Welcome to the site. Anything and everything you could ever want to know about your 2gnt is contained within this site. I look forward to seeing your car's progress.

Banned

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSM-ZEROJul-02-09 10:38 PM
Member since Jul 01st 2003
62 posts,
#1335, "RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now"
In response to Reply # 1

looks good

661hp & 463tq Worlds highest hp 2gnt soon to be the fastest

red95eclipseJul-03-09 01:07 AM
Member since Oct 07th 2008
59 posts,
#1336, "RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now"
In response to Reply # 2

Very clean looking talon.

DSM_LUVJul-03-09 07:20 AM
0 posts,
#1337, "RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks guys, I plan on having a "build" thread to show the progress of the car once i start the boosting process, i already have most of the kit, just need a BOV, Boost gauge, and Inter-cooler piping and i'm good to go

NightfallJul-03-09 05:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#1338, "RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now"
In response to Reply # 4
Jul-03-09 05:34 PM by Nightfall

Welcome! Need to post your pics in the "Ride of the month August" in the Pits section Those are some nice shots! Car looks awesome.

DSM_LUVJul-03-09 11:27 PM
0 posts,
#1339, "RE: New to the Forum, been in the DSM game for a few years now"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks man, I'll submit it, haha

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1333 Previous topic | Next topic