Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1299
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hello from Dallas, TX," Previous topic | Next topic
SpokshiftMay-19-09 09:21 PM
Member since May 02nd 2009
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1299, "Hello from Dallas, TX,"

Hey hey,

My name is Blake I live in Dallas, TX. I have a 96' RS 5speed for my daily driver. Great, fun little car, it has about 160k on it and still runs strong. When I bought the car it was bone stock, my favorite way. As it is my daily I haven't really done anything too drastic as far as modifications go. I've dropped it on Tanabe DF210's and installed the GReddy Ti-C exhaust.

I guess the 420a is the bastard step-child to 4g63(T) owners and everyone of them I've spoken with absolutely refuses to classify our cars (non-turbo) as a DSM. So needless to say, I haven't made any DSM friends around Dallas or attend a meet. Yet.

If you live around Dallas I'd love to meet up, go to a meet, or just wrench down.

Here's a picture of my 2gNT. Thanks for the site, and all of the extensive information.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,, mitsu95023, May-20-09 06:53 AM, #1
RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,, red95eclipse, May-20-09 04:27 PM, #2
      RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,, Spokshift, May-20-09 09:09 PM, #3
           RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,, red95eclipse, May-21-09 11:02 AM, #4
                RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,, Spokshift, May-21-09 10:46 PM, #5
                     RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,, Tuxdreamerx, May-23-09 09:22 AM, #6
                          RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,, mitsu95023, May-26-09 06:52 AM, #7
RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,, oc_dallas420a, May-26-09 08:43 AM, #8
RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,, DSM-ZERO, Jun-28-09 08:18 AM, #9

mitsu95023May-20-09 06:53 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2009
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1301, "RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,"
In response to Reply # 0

hey welcome to the site, Im fairly new myself I guess ill see you around on here.....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

red95eclipseMay-20-09 04:27 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2008
59 posts,
#1304, "RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,"
In response to Reply # 1

Hello and welcome. How do you like that exhaust? At the time I couldn't see spending that kind of money for it.

SpokshiftMay-20-09 09:09 PM
1 posts,
#1305, "RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,"
In response to Reply # 2

The exhaust fits well, and sounds excellent. Its a very clean sound, most audible around 3k. The muffler is a nice size, not too large but not too small where it looks awkward. I found a website that price matches, so I found the best and cheapest price for the exhaust and bought it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I've had horrible experiences with e-bay, so I almost refuse to buy anything from there and would rather spend my coin on a worthy known product.

Thanks for all the welcome's!

red95eclipseMay-21-09 11:02 AM
Member since Oct 07th 2008
59 posts,
#1307, "RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,"
In response to Reply # 3

As far as Ebay goes I've found if you are buying a name brand product you usually won't have any problems. Just always check the seller's feedback. Bought my first turbo kit there and needless to say I regret it!

SpokshiftMay-21-09 10:46 PM
1 posts,
#1308, "RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,"
In response to Reply # 4

Ahah that is awful, I am glad I didn't purchase a turbo kit in that case! e-bay used to be legitimate when it first came around, now all most all of the individuals know, feel, and want to get away with whatever they can.

Its a hit or a miss, sometimes it works out great, and sometimes it'll leave you stranded and out of coin. In either case its always an experience!

TuxdreamerxMay-23-09 09:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#1309, "RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Spokshift
Ahah that is awful, I am glad I didn't purchase a turbo kit in that case! e-bay used to be legitimate when it first came around, now all most all of the individuals know, feel, and want to get away with whatever they can. Its a hit or a miss, sometimes it works out great, and sometimes it'll leave you stranded and out of coin. In either case its always an experience!

I will have to say I have not had problems on ebay other then me buying really cheap off brand products but thats not ebay's fault its mine. I have never been screwed over by a seller or anything. You just have to be smart and aware when shopping on ebay. I buy and sell stuff on there all the time I have 130+ feedback.

mitsu95023May-26-09 06:52 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2009
36 posts,
#1310, "RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Tuxdreamerx
Originally posted by Spokshift Ahah that is awful, I am glad I didn't purchase a turbo kit in that case! e-bay used to be legitimate when it first came around, now all most all of the individuals know, feel, and want to get away with whatever they can. Its a hit or a miss, sometimes it works out great, and sometimes it'll leave you stranded and out of coin. In either case its always an experience!
I will have to say I have not had problems on ebay other then me buying really cheap off brand products but thats not ebay's fault its mine. I have never been screwed over by a seller or anything. You just have to be smart and aware when shopping on ebay. I buy and sell stuff on there all the time I have 130+ feedback.

i have to agree with Tuxdreamerx as long as your smart with e-bay your all set, i've bought and sold hundreds of items on there all without any major problems

'95 rs turbo project
'97 gs parts car
'01 Audi s4 DD
'80 porsche 911 993 widebody, 3.6ltr

oc_dallas420aMay-26-09 08:43 AM
Member since May 16th 2009
0 posts,
#1311, "RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey wuz up. I'm newly registered but used this site for 3 yrs good info on here. So what part of dallas are you from. I live in oak cliff if you ever need help. I paint and do minor body work til I can get a frame machine.

DSM-ZEROJun-28-09 08:18 AM
Member since Jul 01st 2003
62 posts,
#1329, "RE: Hello from Dallas, TX,"
In response to Reply # 8

I grew up in killeen and then served active duty there

661hp & 463tq Worlds highest hp 2gnt soon to be the fastest

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1299 Previous topic | Next topic