Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1159
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hey Greg from cincy ohio" Previous topic | Next topic
96mitseclipsersJan-29-09 11:45 PM
Member since Jan 12th 2009
47 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1159, "Hey Greg from cincy ohio"

Hey guys, My names Greg I live in Cincy. OH. I have been on here for almost a year just lurking around reading different topics about 420A builds. Which is what im currently starting to build. I own a 96 Eclipse RS with the 97-99 front end conversion. i didn't like the smiley bumper cover. Its currently my DD, And will be untill it is dead for good. I purchased it for $500 2 years ago. With nothing wrong with it besides a headlight fixture was busted.

Now the car i'm going to do a 420A turbo is my 99 GS. I bought it with a blown motor and a busted rear window for $500 as well. Ive read a lot of thread and I know to do it right the first time or ill have to keep doing it over and over. So thats what im going to do. The car is white in color and the person before me blew the motor up due to failure to put oil in the car. So I tore the engine down and the #4 piston and rod was in the oil pan.
Haha and the oil pan had 3 holes in it. Then soon after i start pulling the engine out i find a hole that i could fit my fist into in the back of the block, and pieces of the block are coming off as im splitting the motor and tranny apart. But I know ill run into some kind of problems down the road.

I used to own 2 turbo'd cars before i had a 96 eclipse gst and a 92 tsi. Ive also had my fair share of other cars as well. Most of them were Honda's but I really got bored of them fast and i wanted something that could one day get out of its own way unlike a Honda. But thats all I have to say. Thanks for reading and Ill try to help with stuff that i know when the time comes!

Also i have my new block for my build and had a quick question maybe get some opinions. Is going .20 over safe for the 420a? Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, Nemo, Jan-30-09 12:19 AM, #1
RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, 96mitseclipsers, Jan-30-09 10:04 AM, #2
      RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, RoninEclipse2G, Jan-30-09 12:06 PM, #3
      thanks, 96mitseclipsers, Jan-30-09 01:25 PM, #4
      RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, Nemo, Jan-30-09 04:56 PM, #5
           RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, 96mitseclipsers, Jan-30-09 07:00 PM, #6
                RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, nrberndsen, Jan-31-09 11:35 AM, #7
                RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, 96mitseclipsers, Jan-31-09 02:10 PM, #8
                     RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, Recall95rs, Feb-01-09 11:15 AM, #9
                          RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, 96mitseclipsers, Feb-01-09 02:40 PM, #10
                RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, Fallen4ng31, Feb-04-09 08:41 AM, #11
                     RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, 96mitseclipsers, Feb-04-09 01:32 PM, #12
                          RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, Moderator992gnt, Feb-06-09 09:39 AM, #13
                               RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio, nrberndsen, Feb-06-09 06:04 PM, #14

NemoJan-30-09 12:19 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1160, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome Greg!

wow, you have alot going on. Sounds like you'll fit right in here.

I'm on the west coast, but man, do I know a girl in Cincy....32, long dark hair, sultry eyes with a smile that could melt you......

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96mitseclipsersJan-30-09 10:04 AM
47 posts,
#1161, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 1

hahaha im pretty much married

RoninEclipse2GJan-30-09 12:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#1162, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 2

welcome! good to see someone reading the crap out of this site before jumping in and asking the same old questions.

.020 over is fine, you can go up to .060 over, that's about the limit of safe overboring

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

96mitseclipsersJan-30-09 01:25 PM
47 posts,
#1163, "thanks"
In response to Reply # 3

Ok good i have the block and i was just wondering if i should bore it out a little bit, with it still being safe. Thanks alot.

NemoJan-30-09 04:56 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
#1164, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 2

Oops, no offence to either of you.

96mitseclipsersJan-30-09 07:00 PM
47 posts,
#1165, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 5

hahah non taken,

oh but mods that i have for my 99gs is
Head:
crower cams- 248 intake and 246 exhaust
crower retainers,keepers,springs
crower intake and exhaust valves
ajustable cam gears

Block:
stage 3 racing clutch

awaiting income tax to pick up my .60 trim turbo,rods,pistons and crank

nrberndsenJan-31-09 11:35 AM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
#1166, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 6

sounds like you have a nice set up coming together....nice to see more cincy 420a's

96mitseclipsersJan-31-09 02:10 PM
47 posts,
#1167, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 7

yup ive only heard of 2 other one's in cincy area.

Recall95rsFeb-01-09 11:15 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2008
11 posts,
#1168, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 8

Welcome! hows the weather up there

Build Motor, JE Pistons / Rings Eagle H-beam rods Balanced crank, Head work, 50trim on 16psi tunned on 550injector using Split second FTC-1

96mitseclipsersFeb-01-09 02:40 PM
47 posts,
#1170, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 9

lol very crappy.. to cold. ready for spring

Fallen4ng31Feb-04-09 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#1171, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by 96mitseclipsers
Block: stage 3 racing clutch

Technically, that's drivetrain

Welcome!

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

96mitseclipsersFeb-04-09 01:32 PM
47 posts,
#1172, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 11

lol ya i know but i dont really have anything else for the block. waiting to get my taxes back so i can buy everything.

Moderator992gntFeb-06-09 09:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#1173, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 12

Welcome! I'm Greg from northern Kentucky....

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

nrberndsenFeb-06-09 06:04 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2006
36 posts,
#1174, "RE: Hey Greg from cincy ohio"
In response to Reply # 13

We should get together the cincy area guys together for a meet sort of deal maybe edgewater some night i believe they open the last sat in feb. for test and tune

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1159 Previous topic | Next topic