Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1143
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Member From Texas" Previous topic | Next topic
olvhecJan-24-09 11:48 PM
Member since Jan 25th 2009
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1143, "New Member From Texas"

Hello all, finally decided to look for a Eclipse forum that I can spend time on. Well I have a 95 Eclipse GS, changed the front bumper to 97-99 though becuase I prefer that look a lot better. If anyone is from the Houston area I would like to know about any meets. I also have an 08 Mitsubishi Lancer and have gone to a couple of Lancer meets so far.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New Member From Texas, Nemo, Jan-25-09 12:07 AM, #1
RE: New Member From Texas, Moderatorteklein, Jan-26-09 07:31 AM, #2
RE: New Member From Texas, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-26-09 09:24 AM, #3
RE: New Member From Texas, olvhec, Jan-26-09 09:47 AM, #4
      RE: New Member From Texas, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-26-09 09:53 AM, #5
           RE: New Member From Texas, olvhec, Jan-26-09 12:13 PM, #6

NemoJan-25-09 12:07 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1144, "RE: New Member From Texas"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site, Hector.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinJan-26-09 07:31 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#1145, "RE: New Member From Texas"
In response to Reply # 1

Welcome!

Post some pics up of your car!

Also, be sure to check out the wiki as it has a ton of great information!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-26-09 09:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1146, "RE: New Member From Texas"
In response to Reply # 0

We used to have a pretty active group in Houston, but it was years ago.

What part of town do you live in? I'm in the east end.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

olvhecJan-26-09 09:47 AM
1 posts,
#1147, "RE: New Member From Texas"
In response to Reply # 3

Im a little more to the northwest of Houston, past Houston truly. I can post pics, but there is nothing pretty right now. The fenders, hood, and front bumper are black, and the rest of the car is red lol. I really want to find a paint shop that will paint decently at a good price, but I need to get another tranny first becuase mine is wack.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-26-09 09:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1148, "RE: New Member From Texas"
In response to Reply # 4

Auto or manual? What symptoms?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

olvhecJan-26-09 12:13 PM
1 posts,
#1149, "RE: New Member From Texas"
In response to Reply # 5

Manual, getting a clanking sound from tranny when its in nuetral sometimes, well most of the time. When lifted up in nuetral, wheels spin. Heard that is ok but mine spin pretty quickly and I think thats the reason for clanking when tires are on ground. Noise stops when clutch is engaged. Also CV joints are not going in 100% of the way. Only a couple of mm away from where the original marks on cv joints are located. I can pull it out slightly and push in only to that spot. Currently have a local shop that will replace the tranny for 1000 dollars including a one year/unlimited mile warranty, and an allignment.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1143 Previous topic | Next topic