Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #108
View in linear mode

Subject: "Newb here....Sayin HI !!!" Previous topic | Next topic
hnda8rJan-20-08 04:54 PM
Member since Jan 08th 2008
74 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108, "Newb here....Sayin HI !!!"
Jan-20-08 05:13 PM by hnda8r

Hey guys whats up? My name is Luis and I recently purchased a 98 Eclipse. Its all stock except for the Blitz bodykit. I am going to get rid of that kit, but its going to be awhile cause the previous owner molded the rear bumper on. Im also going to repaint the car cause he painted it with (i think) spray chamillion color stuff. Any way the cars in OK shape, and I plan to learn a lot off this site. I live in Harrisburg PA, so if theres anyone thats local that wants to meet up lmk. Im always looking around for new ideas and esp "How To's" for my car.

Are there any Mechanical issues with eclipses? Or any issues period? I have the 420a engine, Yes I know its crap, but I have to deal with what I got. Talk to you guys later.

LUIS.

These are pics of when me and my buddy got the car to my garage to strip it. Not a complete strip but taking out all the seats and rear carpet, and headliner. Please tell me what you think, but be gentle...lol.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!, Moderatorcs82685, Jan-20-08 05:21 PM, #1
RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!, 95eclipse420A, Jan-20-08 09:49 PM, #2
      RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!, hnda8r, Jan-21-08 02:48 PM, #5
           RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!, Hedge, Jan-21-08 04:36 PM, #6
                RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!, hnda8r, Jan-22-08 01:42 AM, #7
RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!, VelocitaPaola, Jan-20-08 11:10 PM, #3
RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-21-08 09:58 AM, #4
RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!, Noogabox, Feb-20-08 06:41 AM, #8

Moderatorcs82685Jan-20-08 05:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109, "RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95eclipse420AJan-20-08 09:49 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2005
139 posts,
#110, "RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Welcome to the community my friend. _1. If you plan on selling those side skirts, please contact me. I have been looking for a replacement set of those low height blitz skirts for a while now. _2. I think after you explore this site a bit, you will realize how sweet the 420a really is. I wouldn't trade my 420a for anything else out there. So, be happy that you have one, it's not a bad thing. _3. One of the known issues with the car is the lower ball joints. They were recalled. Check for wear and damage of the boot. If damaged, the ball joint will eventually seperate from the control arm causing an accident. I recommend you replace them both. _4. The best recommendation I can give you here is to SEARCH. You have a wealth of information at your fingertips. Don't be afraid ot it. _5. What plans do you have for your 2gnt? Again, welcome and enjoy your stay. And let me know about those side skirts.
-Bryan

Banned

hnda8rJan-21-08 02:48 PM
74 posts,
#114, "RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey thank you very much for all the info. I did take a look at both outter tie rods and both are in need of replacing. Do I just take it to a dealership and have them replace them? Or should I do it myself? (There not loose or anything like that so Im not too much of a hurry to replace) If so how much are they and where to get them?

Me and my buddy just got done with the usual maintenence today (a long day). I did:

Fresh oil change
Timing belt and water pump (6 hours to do)
Replaced the valve cover gaskets and spark plug seals
Thermostat replaced
Spark plugs and wires
Compression test
Fuel filter replaced
Transmission fluid change
Adjusted the clutch cable
New battery
and got to fix my passenger door.

So my car should run for a good while. Now I need to upgrade with a lot of performance parts.

The sideskirts wont be available until I get rid of the bodykit. The rear has to be cut off so I have to have a shop do it, and that will cost a pretty penny.

TTYL guys,
Luis.

HedgeJan-21-08 04:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#115, "RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!"
In response to Reply # 5
Jan-21-08 04:37 PM by Hedge

hey welcome to the site. sounds like you did good on the matinence list, im curious What were the compression readings and the mileage on the engine?

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

hnda8rJan-22-08 01:42 AM
74 posts,
#116, "RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Well the compression results were 205 210 205 210. Which I thing is great for an engine having over 150k miles on it. I dont think Im going to stick with this engine though. Im going to get me spare one so that I can build it up for scratch.

VelocitaPaolaJan-20-08 11:10 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#111, "RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by hnda8r
I have the 420a engine, Yes I know its crap, but I have to deal with what I got.

Not at all. Treat it nicely, regular maintenance is a must, and it will last a long time. Welcome!

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-21-08 09:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#113, "RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Welcome to the site. I see from the pics, you got a little clean up and paint work ahead of you. But you're off to a good start by getting rid of the kit

First and foremost on our cars is the maintanence items. Plugs, wires, oil, filters, etc. Timing belt is very important. They have a service schedule of every 60k. Be sure that it is done in this time interval because we have interference engines and if the belt goes, then generally, your valves go.

Happy searching

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

NoogaboxFeb-20-08 06:41 AM
Member since Feb 01st 2008
96 posts,
#209, "RE: Newb here....Sayin HI !!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey man dont dis the 420a, with just a little money and a couple weeks of time you could have a nice ass engine bay and a motor that outruns the stock GST on 6 psi ( perfectly safe) boost.

Upgradecar.blogspot.com

http://upgradecar.blogspot.com/2007/12/starnes-420a-turbo-install.html

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #108 Previous topic | Next topic