Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #363
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratortekleinApr-20-08 09:13 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#363, "Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
Apr-20-08 09:52 AM by teklein

Here is my 1998 RS.

You would not believe how many miles this beast has

Not much done. AEM V2 CAI.Pretty much just making it look pretty. It has a Alpine HU, Image Dynamics speakers, and a Exonics 100RMSx4 amp As soon as I finish my box it will have an Image Dynamics ID12 with an Exonics 400RMSx1. Its more SQ based, not really for the boom boom...

I have a few more things to touch up under the hood. I need to do something with the heatshield, shoot some flat black on the PS pump, and do something with the water neck. The rusted idler pulley will get cleaned up when the new AC compressor goes on.

It has the tan interior and is a five speed. I have a Jeep TB to go on as soon as I find a donor 420A TB, as well as an intake manifold that I have ported a lil bit.

New doors on the way!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
ModeratortekleinMay-01-08 12:14 PM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#388, "RE: Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
wow, I wish my car looked that good. oh, wait... I beat the ever living shit out of it several times now. duh

LOL!

I dont drive the piss out of it that much. It gets washed like three times a week.

Ill get some shots of the inside, besides a few things, its in the same condition as the rest of the car.

I want (and have the resources ) to do a 2.2 stroker with my cryo Neon block, but I also want to drive this beast to 300000 miles

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GMay-01-08 12:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#389, "RE: Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G wow, I wish my car looked that good. oh, wait... I beat the ever living shit out of it several times now. duh
LOL! I dont drive the piss out of it that much. It gets washed like three times a week. Ill get some shots of the inside, besides a few things, its in the same condition as the rest of the car. I want (and have the resources ) to do a 2.2 stroker with my cryo Neon block, but I also want to drive this beast to 300000 miles

well start moddin! you'll be breaking things like the rest of us in no time

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratortekleinMay-10-08 03:42 PM
1699 posts,
#402, "RE: Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
In response to Reply # 12

Lol

Maybe. Jeep TB and slightly ported IM is next to go on this beast.

Who wants to help put the mani on?

BTW: I want to buy 17" GSX wheels, im thinking of making them black. What do you think? Also, should I go gloss black or matte black?

foggy45May-10-08 05:59 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#403, "RE: Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
In response to Reply # 13
May-10-08 06:04 PM by foggy45

i've always liked Gunmetal (or Anthracite) on black cars
like this O.Z. Prodrive P-1's ($496 each)

but id say a gloss black if you go with the gsx.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

RoninEclipse2GMay-12-08 05:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#405, "RE: Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by foggy45
i've always liked Gunmetal (or Anthracite) on black cars like this O.Z. Prodrive P-1's ($496 each) but id say a gloss black if you go with the gsx.

+1 Gunmetal is beautiful on dark colored cars. I personally can't stand flat blacked wheels, they don't allow you to see the differentiation from wheel to tire.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratortekleinMay-12-08 10:02 AM
1699 posts,
#406, "RE: Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
In response to Reply # 15

Its kinda growing on me, I dunno.

Black or gunmetal...

I really like the GSX wheels for a few reasons, one, I can probably find a set pretty cheap. And two, they are probably heavy, but not ridiculously heavy. Just what im thinking

A few coats of paint, and several coats of clear, should hold up pretty good. Or ill just get em powder coated. There is a place in Clemson that does 20 bucks a wheel.

2GeclipseRSMay-17-08 12:14 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#435, "RE: Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
In response to Reply # 16

Wow.

So that's what my car looked like when it rolled off the assembly line?

Nice. I really am impressed. Not a drop of oil? Sweet deal.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

ModeratortekleinMay-17-08 03:02 PM
1699 posts,
#437, "RE: Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
In response to Reply # 17

Thanks! Thats what im doing, I want it to look new!

I do a little each day.

Today I painted the wiper arms with semi flat rust stop paint. I did the radiator top as well.

Next up is the brackets for the brake and clutch reservoirs.

The Rust Stop paint from ACE is actually an EXCELLENT stock touch up paint for things. Extremely durable and looks amazing. Thats what I painted the battery hold down with, eight months ago, and I have tried to chip it several times.

I loved my ACR, so a little of that is going in as well.

Im waking it up a little with a Jeep TB and a GST muffler, then Tokico Blue struts and springs and a rear sway. Maybe even a header. I wanted to turbo, but that can wait for a second car, gas isnt getting cheaper, and im keeping my 30+ mpg!

2GeclipseRSJul-11-08 11:52 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#526, "RE: Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
In response to Reply # 18

I've thought of that too.

I'm just going to do what all my boosted idiot friends do.

Mix gas (x) amount of 110 with (x) amount of 87 or...toluene!

Read this:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-42491.html

http://performanceolds307.tripod.com/id9.html

I've been researching hard on this lately since i'm almost boosted (and a resident cheap ass). Knock sucks and that octane booster shit you can buy at vatozone cost more than buying 93 octane. You'd need enough of it to raise 87 up till you stop knocking and who knows how much that is..... Stock pistons dont fare well to knock so i know for sure i'm not putting that gimmicky (nos, nx, juice...etc) shit in my car. Until i'm 100% sure i can mix this myself without blowing up a good bit of my neighboorhood, i'll run 93. It's not THAT much more expensive.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

ModeratortekleinJul-11-08 12:13 PM
1699 posts,
#527, "RE: Thought Id Post Pics Of My Car"
In response to Reply # 19

I run 93 everytime I fill up my car. And BP at that.

To me, the car runs better, gets better fuel, and feels more responsive.

I dont care about the cost, I paid an extra 4 dollars for my whole fill up.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #363 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic