Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2008 DSM Shootout topic #123
View in linear mode

Subject: "It's official - We're going to the Shootout" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665May-09-08 03:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#123, "It's official - We're going to the Shootout"
May-09-08 06:05 PM by DR1665

I know that, if we get to Chicago, 2GNT will take care of the rest, but here's my situation. Just logged on to book the flights for V and I. I can still get us round trip tickets for $224apiece, but the only way to do that has us getting into O'Hare at 0330hrs Thursday morning.

FAWK.

The next cheapest flight is $330 apiece.

Can we arrange a pickup at O'Hare at that hour?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: FAWK! Airlines!, Moderator992gnt, May-09-08 04:19 PM, #1
RE: FAWK! Airlines!, TeamDR1665, May-09-08 05:02 PM, #2
      RE: FAWK! Airlines!, TeamDR1665, May-09-08 06:09 PM, #3
           RE: FAWK! Airlines!, Diceman19, May-10-08 01:27 AM, #4
                RE: FAWK! Airlines!, totaleklipse97, May-18-08 02:54 PM, #5
                     RE: FAWK! Airlines!, Diceman19, May-19-08 03:39 AM, #6
                          RE: FAWK! Airlines!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-19-08 04:47 PM, #7
                               RE: FAWK! Airlines!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-20-08 03:19 AM, #8
                                    RE: FAWK! Airlines!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-20-08 06:48 AM, #9
                                         RE: FAWK! Airlines!, TeamDR1665, May-20-08 10:41 AM, #10
                                              RE: FAWK! Airlines!, totaleklipse97, May-20-08 03:47 PM, #11
                                                   RE: FAWK! Airlines!, Moderatormicyek, Jun-03-08 06:21 AM, #12
                                                        RE: FAWK! Airlines!, TeamDR1665, Jun-03-08 06:36 AM, #13
                                                             RE: FAWK! Airlines!, Moderatormicyek, Jun-03-08 06:42 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: FAWK! Airlines!, Diceman19, Jun-04-08 03:08 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: FAWK! Airlines!, TeamXtremeRS, Jun-19-08 05:17 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: FAWK! Airlines!, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-19-08 05:37 AM, #17
                                                                                 RE: FAWK! Airlines!, TeamDR1665, Jun-24-08 08:22 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: FAWK! Airlines!, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-24-08 11:18 AM, #19

Moderator992gntMay-09-08 04:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 0

Cincy any better?

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665May-09-08 05:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#125, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 992gnt
Cincy any better?

If double is better. Although Indy has reasonable times and is $221.

Calling diceman...

TeamDR1665May-09-08 06:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#126, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 2

Finally got it sorted, but man what a trip this will be...

V and I depart Phoenix at 1030pm and almost four hours later, we land in DETROIT. We'll then have less than an hour to catch our connection to INDY, where we will arrive at 0719hrs local time.

Dice and Catalina will pick us up and we'll see what it's like to roll with the Indystars gang to the Arbys.

Monday evening, we catch a plane out of INDY at about 7pm and go back to DETROIT, where we will have about two hours to grab a bear in the airport with Duncan, Dimos, or Derek, if they're not already passed out in their own beds. We finally get home about 1030pm local time that night.

Tuesday will be a sick day, imo.

Next up... Booking a room at Norwalk Inn.

Diceman19May-10-08 01:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#128, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 3

most of the time we dont roll with indystars. typically we go up on thursday and stay with casbon or stanley and then meet 2gnt chicago to roll. this year however, we're just leaving friday morning with you guys and if the rest of the indystars guys are in, they are. i doubt it only because it will be so early.

totaleklipse97May-18-08 02:54 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#133, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 4

Pretty sure I'll be home in South Bend that week.. if you need somewhere to chill before you meet the caravan I'm sure I can hook something up.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Diceman19May-19-08 03:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#134, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
Pretty sure I'll be home in South Bend that week.. if you need somewhere to chill before you meet the caravan I'm sure I can hook something up.

i think we're going the more direct approach this year, especially since we're leaving Friday morning instead of Thursday and the Driggs clan will be with us.

although, we could probably make it to south bend before Chicago would be ready and then we'd sit and wait on them as usual.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-19-08 04:47 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#135, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 6

If you get forced to Chicago, picking you up at 3am is not an issue.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-20-08 03:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#136, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
picking you up at 3am is not an issue.

if you can drag me to the airport at 4:30am, what's an hour and a half earlier, right?

Thanks for that, by the way.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-20-08 06:48 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#137, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 8

noooo problem!

TeamDR1665May-20-08 10:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#138, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 9

Appreciate the offer, Terry, but I wouldn't want to impose on you. Gonna try the Indy route this year. Should be interesting.

V and I will see you bishes at the Arbys.

totaleklipse97May-20-08 03:47 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#139, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by DR1665
Appreciate the offer, Terry, but I wouldn't want to impose on you. Gonna try the Indy route this year. Should be interesting. V and I will see you bishes at the Arbys.

as long as you don't get kicked out of arby's for having an open beer.. oh.. and I'll prep the Vienna sausages for you guys. =)

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

ModeratormicyekJun-03-08 06:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#140, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 11
Jun-03-08 06:26 AM by micyek

What day are you getting in? Because if it's Friday You have plenty of Friends in MI driving by the Detroit area. We usually go though Ann Arbor but I could take an alternate route. I could even stay at my Sister-in-laws Thursday night and pick you up bright and early. It just seems counter productive to fly into the D and back to Indy just to turn around and drive/ride 3 or 4 extra hours to OH. Just a suggestion.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

TeamDR1665Jun-03-08 06:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#141, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 12

It's an idea, Kent, but I looked into just flying right into Detroit and it was about $100 more expensive per ticket. Go figure.

ModeratormicyekJun-03-08 06:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#142, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 13
Jun-03-08 06:42 AM by micyek

I forgot about your baggage.

I was thinking if you just had carry ons, who says you have to get on the connecting flight? I don't know the rules any more because the NSA has everything so f'ed up, so they may frown on missed connections with no good excuse.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Diceman19Jun-04-08 03:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#143, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 14
Jun-04-08 03:11 AM by Diceman19

Originally posted by micyek
I forgot about your baggage. I was thinking if you just had carry ons, who says you have to get on the connecting flight? I don't know the rules any more because the NSA has everything so f'ed up, so they may frown on missed connections with no good excuse.

the excuse could be, i wanted to go to detroit and flying "to indy" was cheaper.

just make sure to let me know bryan, dont wanna be showing up at the airport if you aren't gonna be there.

TeamXtremeRSJun-19-08 05:17 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#160, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 15

It will be nice to see everyone again this year. I know several of you guys missed out last year, and I pretty much spent most of my time with my club at Best Western...Well this year I've booked at All American Inn, so you may see more of me lol..if that really matters haha..Still undecided as to what car i'm going to bring..I've recently upgraded to MS2 on the RS-T, sooo i may bring it..dont know. I've been dealing with a broken foot from a, uh, moped accident lol for the past 6 weeks so i havent done much lately with the cars. Bah. I miss the 2gnt community, feels like i've been gone forever.. See you guys in a few months!

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-19-08 05:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#161, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 16

I'm doing everything in my power to make it this year. Since I am going to be a father, funds are extremely tight now and I'm short on vacation time at work.

Not to mention I just found out the other day it seems my hydraulic tensioner failed and the belt is now loose (didn't jump time, thank god and luckily it didn't track off!). Time to upgrade to the mech tensioner and a new t-belt.

Just an update.

I contributed to the Wiki.

TeamDR1665Jun-24-08 08:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#179, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by xcasbonx
I'm doing everything in my power to make it this year.

I'll bring the Cholla just for you, bro!

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-24-08 11:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#180, "RE: FAWK! Airlines!"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by xcasbonx I'm doing everything in my power to make it this year.
I'll bring the Cholla just for you, bro!

and the Cholla dominator shall return! *crosses fingers*

I contributed to the Wiki.

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2008 DSM Shootout topic #123 Previous topic | Next topic