Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #96054
View in linear mode

Subject: "Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jul-06-06 09:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96054, "Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
Jul-07-06 11:30 AM by DR1665

www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=144

www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=145

www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Sections&op=listarticles&secid=17

forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=send_mesg&u_id=102973

EDIT:
forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=54222&mesg_id=54222&listing_type=search

forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=24&mesg_id=24&listing_type=search

forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=61727&mesg_id=61727&listing_type=search

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!, ScreaminE, Jul-06-06 09:33 AM, #1
RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!, TeamDR1665, Jul-06-06 10:01 AM, #2
      RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!, cc8balla, Jul-07-06 07:08 AM, #3
      RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!, TeamDR1665, Jul-07-06 11:31 AM, #4
           RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!, Moderatormicyek, Jul-07-06 01:09 PM, #5
                RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!, slowmitsu, Jul-20-06 10:03 AM, #6
      RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!, sleepereclipse9, Dec-25-07 05:50 PM, #10
RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!), Brismo7, Dec-20-06 11:50 PM, #7
RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!), Harashi, Nov-25-07 02:18 PM, #8
      RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!), Moderatorcs82685, Nov-25-07 02:47 PM, #9
RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!), dalesmitsu, Feb-13-08 10:18 PM, #11
RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!), SilvrEclips, Feb-14-08 02:50 AM, #12
RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!), m.joseph19, Mar-13-08 03:13 PM, #13
RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!), Mesmerized, Apr-06-08 12:31 PM, #14
      RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!), zrb16, Oct-12-08 08:50 PM, #15
RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!), BK85, Mar-14-09 09:48 AM, #16
RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!), AdministratorCODE4, Mar-14-09 10:14 AM, #17

ScreaminEJul-06-06 09:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96056, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice DRIGGZY. This has been a long time coming sticky. There is at least 4-5 of these "what do I need to turbo my car yo" posts a week. I will admit when I was spanking new here I did the same so I encourage our new member to read this and learn.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jul-06-06 10:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#96058, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you. I'm going to leave them unlocked for a little bit to see what kind of ideas they might give people. Then I'll clean them up and lock them down to keep them clean.

cc8ballaJul-07-06 07:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#96071, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!"
In response to Reply # 2

Again, Brian, when we get the forum revamp going over on T2G, may I copy this post word for word, as long as I cite you and 2gnt as the source. I want this sticky at the top of the NT forum.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

TeamDR1665Jul-07-06 11:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#96080, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by cc8balla
Again, Brian, when we get the forum revamp going over on T2G, may I copy this post word for word, as long as I cite you and 2gnt as the source. I want this sticky at the top of the NT forum.

You can feel free to do that. The more we get the 2GNT name onto other forums, the more people will just decide to come straight to the source.

ModeratormicyekJul-07-06 01:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#96083, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!"
In response to Reply # 4

I don't how specific you want to get with the links...but man if I see one more fuel question I think I'm going to scream. Especialy SMFU and 450CC DSM injector posts.

Keep up the good work Brian.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

slowmitsuJul-20-06 10:03 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#96329, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by micyek
450CC DSM injector posts.

Like forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=26&topic_id=148&mesg_id=148&page= in Things We've Seen Before?

_______

BPU'd skittle

sleepereclipse9Dec-25-07 05:50 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2007
1 posts,
#102289, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first!"
In response to Reply # 2

has anyone ever heard of antilag on a 420a turbo eclipse if so how did you do it and what do i need

Brismo7Dec-20-06 11:50 PM
Member since Apr 13th 2006
1 posts,
#98619, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-20-06 11:52 PM by Brismo7

Hi guys. i'm new here. and i've been reading and reading. searching and searching. this is a great web site. And i've decided to build my own turbo kit. It really doesnt seem that hard. I'm positive i can do it all for about $1000.

Instead of creating a new thread, i thought this thread would be appropriate to ask a question. I dont plan on running high boost, but i want to build my motor stonger than it needs to be. my question is, with Forged JE Pistons and connecting rods and a metal head gasket, how much boost will that be able to hold safely.

i just refreshed my motor and its running in tip top condition. any help would be truely appreciated

Oh, and to let you know, i'm sporting a 97 Talon ESi, 5 spd. Red and black on tan. seriously fun car.

HarashiNov-25-07 02:18 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2007
47 posts,
#102066, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
In response to Reply # 7

Is there anyway to get an updated links here? The first 3 links didn't work for me (Only the one about the SRT4 swap did), and I'm curious to read them (as they seem to be selected as the good articles to read).

~Scott
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Moderatorcs82685Nov-25-07 02:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#102067, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Harashi
Is there anyway to get an updated links here? The first 3 links didn't work for me (Only the one about the SRT4 swap did), and I'm curious to read them (as they seem to be selected as the good articles to read).

THis should help you get started...

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Turbo

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

dalesmitsuFeb-13-08 10:18 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#102832, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
In response to Reply # 0

Top three links don't open, I'm using explorer7 should use seomething else, does anyone else have this problem

SilvrEclipsFeb-14-08 02:50 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#102833, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
In response to Reply # 11

They dont work for me either. Im using IE7 and firefox

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

m.joseph19Mar-13-08 03:13 PM
Member since Mar 13th 2008
1 posts,
#103054, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey guys wats up?

Ight so get this Im a newb to the DSM Scene....I have a 97 eclipse GS, I wanted to know if I could just take the turbo off a GST model and use that on my GS. I would like to know what I can do to get this to work, (by the way before you reply, I know there is some modification required....I'm not stupid!) But i'd love to know what I would need to do in order for it to work...I could buy a new turbo kit, but sometimes i'm not sure if thats going to be too much power for me......

MesmerizedApr-06-08 12:31 PM
Member since Apr 05th 2008
28 posts,
#103193, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
In response to Reply # 13

most of the links are down

zrb16Oct-12-08 08:50 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2008
15 posts,
#104414, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by Mesmerized
most of the links are down

most of the fuggin links on this site that are to other pages on this site dont work...

BK85Mar-14-09 09:48 AM
Member since Oct 20th 2005
15 posts,
#106062, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
In response to Reply # 0

Quick question re. the 2.0L 420a.

There is a lot of info on the 2.4L and the SRT-4. Here is what I would like to know.

Is there a SRT-4 crank, rod and piston set that fits the 2.0L 420a?

I have searched a lot on this and it seems every body veers off into the 2.4l SRT-4 stuff.

BK85

AdministratorCODE4Mar-14-09 10:14 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#106063, "RE: Got turbo questions? Check this thread first! (Swap info!)"
In response to Reply # 16

No. The 2.4 PT cruiser bottom end will bolt to the 420a head however. It will fit in our engine bay as well with some motor mount modification/fabrication. Several have done it.

Bottom end internals will not direct swap.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #96054 Previous topic | Next topic