Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #8384
View in linear mode

Subject: "BOV ????" Previous topic | Next topic
1997GSTSep-14-01 07:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8384, "BOV ????"

I have a stock GST and am I wanting to replace the BOV but I have no idea what to get can anyone help? Looking for a replacment not modification required. Also what kind of performace can I expect from doing this mod?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamDeezGstSep-14-01 07:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8385, "RE: BOV ????"
In response to Reply # 0

This post should be in the 4G area just for the record. However, the BOV will depend on your future plans as well as how much money you want to spend. The cheapest route is to certinaly get a crushed 1G bov from somewhere like RRE, Buchur Racing, as well as various other vendors that carry them. Without an AFC you will want a bov that will vent back into the intake as oppsed to a bov that vents to the atmohsphere. To make a long story short venting to the atmoshphere with no fuel controller will cause a very rich condition and cause the car to stall at partial throttle, or during shifts etc...it varys from car to car on the severity of stalling. The Greddy BOV is a nice bov that will vent back into the intake.

Derek

Derek
DeezGst on aol's IM
http://www.fastasknutz.com
http://www.thebandfleenor.com/car site/index.html

New Toy

Old toy: 1997 GS-T
8.4@87 1/8th pump/street tires

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #8384 Previous topic | Next topic