Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #7765
View in linear mode

Subject: "CRITICAL PROBLEM AFFECTING 2GNT.COM (This really sucks)" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratoradminJul-23-01 10:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
100 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7765, "CRITICAL PROBLEM AFFECTING 2GNT.COM (This really sucks)"

I just got a notice from the web host that 2gnt.com is greatly exceeding our space allotment (400+MB vs 100MB allowed).

They are demanding either an upgrade to a higher priced package, or the files over the limit be removed.

I cannot afford to pay myself the $70/mo fee to upgrade without a service interruption.

So, the choices are:

1) I delete ALL Archives and threads older than a month.

2) The Moderators and I delete all out of date or unneeded posts. This would be a LOT of work, and may not get us under the limit anyways without losing valuable content.

3) We get sufficient donations to support the new rate.

I can move the site to another cheaper host, but this will not be immediate, and I have no idea yet how to migrate the board without losing anything.

I can only think that we will have to pay the extra cost to keep things running here.

That said, and if you agree, please consider making a donation to the site. I really hate having to do this, but I don't see any other viable alternatives right now. Feel free to send in whatever you consider a fair contribution.

PayPal (www.paypal.com) would be the best and fastest approach (send to juan@2gnt.com). Also, when you sign up for an account you get a free $5 credit. If enough people do this, we might be ok for the next 3 months.

Otherwise, send a cheque for whatever amount to

Team 2GNT
PO Box 9171,
Redands, CA 92375

I will create a page showing your name and amount sent (if you wish) to show that you helped out the club.

Please know that this is not a "money-grab" or anything. Those who know me know that I am a solid and trustworthy person, and am not the type to pull crap like that. It is either this, or the forum goes down for an indefinite time period.

Thanks, and once again my deepest apologies for this situation. I honestly had no warning our usage was that high.

juan
www.2gnt.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 3:16 PM
Subject: {NEXX#000-835}

Dear 2gnt.com:

Your files are taking up almost 400MB of space on our server and your account allows for only 100MB. We must ask that you either reduce your file space to your account size or upgrade your account immediately.

Because of your file size, you would need to upgrade to our Gold account. Please click here to see further details: http://nexx.com/solutions_nt.shtml. Check out the size of the Silver package as well.

We ask that this be taken care of by Tuesday, July 24. Thank you very much

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

speedracer21Jul-23-01 11:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7766, "RE: CRITICAL PROBLEM AFFECTING 2GNT.COM (This really sucks)"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd be willing to offer space on my server (for free). I'm running win 2000 adv. server and I have about 30 gig of free space. Also I'm sure there are a few others out there that would be willing to contribute some space.
A few ideas I have about this.
1. You could move the whole site so there are no costs involved.
2. Just move the archives to other servers. That way if there are any problems (with compatability or other server issues) it wont affect the main part of the board. And you could divide up the archives and just place links to the servers where the info is stored.
3. Deleteing the archives. But then there probably would be a lot of the same questions every month or so, since the archivee post would be gone.

my $0.02

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

sleepereclipseJul-23-01 11:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
215 posts,
#7767, "RE: CRITICAL PROBLEM AFFECTING 2GNT.COM (This really sucks)"
In response to Reply # 1

dont delete the archives - there is so much good info there.

DAVE_FL (Guest)Jul-23-01 01:26 PM

#7768, "RE: CRITICAL PROBLEM AFFECTING 2GNT.COM (This really sucks)"
In response to Reply # 2

If everyone sends atleast $5 we can just keep it how it is!!! I already sent $20. SEND JUAN SOME CASH

DAVE_FL
97 T-GS
HRC stage 2 (got my parts just have to install them)

Orlando DSM www.orl.dsm.org

PuRe RaGeJul-24-01 02:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
120 posts,
#7769, "Juan, you got mail!"
In response to Reply # 3

:)

Here is what I have have.
JE 8:8.1 with rings boared .20 over
Seinze custom rods (600+hp)
Knife edged and shaved crank
Clevite bearings
Shaved oil pump to bump up oil preasure
Stage 3 ported and pollished head
twin Accel coil packs
PT lashers
ov

GS_NewbieJul-24-01 02:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
22 posts,
#7770, "RE: CRITICAL PROBLEM AFFECTING 2GNT.COM (This really sucks)"
In response to Reply # 0

Check in mail

And God said..."Let there be light!"
And Man said..."Let there be 2gnt!!!"

AEM CAI
APEXi WS cat back
front upper strut bar
rear upper strut bar
Some dash trim (lame I know, I know...)
One Crazy sound system

Matt
95 GS

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #7765 Previous topic | Next topic