Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #749
View in linear mode

Subject: "Knock sensor!?!?" Previous topic | Next topic
BoostnRSJan-05-01 08:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#749, "Knock sensor!?!?"

I was wondering if anyone knows which wire going to the ECU is the one for the stock knock sensor we have in our cars.

I want to be able to identify this wire and use it to install an LED light on my dash that will let me know when the knock sensor is retarding timing due to detonation..

thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BoostnRSJan-05-01 08:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#750, "RE: Knock sensor!?!?"
In response to Reply # 0

Additionally has anyone looked into using a J&S Knocksensor?
Those run about $500.. Im wondering if would be able to run more boost with stock internals if we invested in one of these...

Any comments ??

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95ESiJan-05-01 10:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#751, "RE: Knock sensor!?!?"
In response to Reply # 1

the stock KNOCK sensor is in the back of the engine...couldn't you tap a wire to that?

or am I totally dreaming here.....

l e o n

BoostnRSJan-06-01 07:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#752, "RE: Knock sensor!?!?"
In response to Reply # 2

Hmm. guess i gotta look into that.. I just dont wanna have to test the wires manually by detonating my car.. hehhe

thanks!
later-

95ESiJan-06-01 06:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#753, "RE: Knock sensor!?!?"
In response to Reply # 3

there's only two wires on that sensor...so you have 50/50 chance of getting it right in the first place

heheh

l e o n

Armond30Jan-07-01 09:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#754, "RE: Knock sensor!?!?"
In response to Reply # 4

the signal wire is white with a yellow stripe on 96+ cars.

have fun!

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #749 Previous topic | Next topic