Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #70263
View in linear mode

Subject: "**wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...." Previous topic | Next topic
tim97rsMay-02-04 04:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70263, "**wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...."

this is also posted in the motor forum, but since i THINK its related to the boost controller, over here it goes to!

okay, heres the dyno sheet.

and here are the wideband read outs from my LM-1. Unfortunatly, i cant get them to precicly coinside with the corasponding dyno run, and im not sure which run is for which dyno read out. however they are similar enough to get the idea, and to help me figure out my bouncy-bouncy boost issue at high boost.

wideband reading #1:

i think this was my first run at 9psi.

wideband reading #2:

this should be the run i did at 17.2 psi.

wideband reading #3:

this one should be after i dialed my boost controller in a bit better, at 16 psi, i think...!

okay, so what do you guys think?

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...., DarKReaLity, May-02-04 05:48 PM, #1
RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...., Teamdougie2, May-02-04 06:56 PM, #2
      RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...., TeamAvenger, May-02-04 07:03 PM, #3
           RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...., Teametx, May-03-04 05:42 AM, #4
                RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...., Teamdougie2, May-03-04 06:19 AM, #5
                     RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...., TeamAvenger, May-03-04 06:21 AM, #6
                          RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...., tim97rs, May-03-04 01:52 PM, #7

DarKReaLityMay-02-04 05:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70268, "RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...."
In response to Reply # 0

it would help if you can determine which color is which. but i feel it's either a lean fuel mixture, or ingition issue. maybe even your leaky turbo. but from what i can tell, it's not looking good past 5.5k on all 3 runs. try to see if you can get better pics.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamdougie2May-02-04 06:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#70271, "RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...."
In response to Reply # 1
May-02-04 07:00 PM by dougie2

For one thing, you're too lean. That may be causing the ECU to do some strange things with the ignition/fuel. I also think something else is contributing, but I can't put my finger on it. For starters, richen it up across the board. Shoot for an A/F ratio closer to 11.5:1 or you'll be rebuilding again very soon.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

TeamAvengerMay-02-04 07:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#70272, "RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...."
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah. Doug is right. You are way too lean. It's probably why your dyno graph is jumping abit as I bet there was a bit of pinging going on.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

TeametxMay-03-04 05:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#70286, "RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...."
In response to Reply # 3

What kind of boost controller are you using?

Teamdougie2May-03-04 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#70288, "RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...."
In response to Reply # 4

He's using the Profec B

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

TeamAvengerMay-03-04 06:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#70291, "RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...."
In response to Reply # 5

That can't be a profec-b. I have one and there is no "learning" setting for it. It's got to be either a profec-a or e-01. The only settings on the b is for when the WG should start to open and the max boost level.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

tim97rsMay-03-04 01:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#70305, "RE: **wideband o2 graph and dyno sheet** come in...."
In response to Reply # 6

its the profec B spec II. it has 3 setting, all of which affect boost level, so dilaing it in is a pain in the ass.
here they are from the manual:

"Set" = sets desired boost level by controling the duty rate of the valve. not an actual psi limit, but % of valve something or other.

"Gain" = adjusts boost consistency. (sensitivity of the valve control) "when boost spike occurs, lower gain value" - "When boost falls off at high rpms or boost increases as RPM's increase, raise Gain value" - "increasing gain will increase boost, even if set boost is not changed"

"start boost" = used to adjust boost responce (Basicly when the wastegate starts to open) - "if START BOOST value is closer to SET boost value, spool up will be faster" - "It it is to close, it will cause boost spike"

see why this is a pain in the ass!
what the hell is "boost consistancy, sensitivity of valve control"?

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #70263 Previous topic | Next topic