Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #65865
View in linear mode

Subject: " nitrous setup on my 95" Previous topic | Next topic
swhit321Feb-24-04 09:48 AM
Member since Aug 02nd 2003
230 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65865, " nitrous setup on my 95"

hey everybody I'm thinking about trying to create a ntirous setup from scratch. The only reason I'm thinking about this is it appears to me that I could make one a lot cheaper than buying a kit. If this is wrong please set me straight.
What I'm looking for is a parts list of what is needed to make a working 75hp kit. dry or wet, but I assume that dry would be cheaper. Any help appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: nitrous setup on my 95, 96eclipse2nr, Feb-24-04 09:56 AM, #1
RE: nitrous setup on my 95, swhit321, Feb-24-04 09:59 AM, #2
      RE: nitrous setup on my 95, swhit321, Feb-25-04 08:55 AM, #3
           RE: nitrous setup on my 95, djtrickee, Feb-25-04 11:43 AM, #4
                RE: nitrous setup on my 95, swhit321, Feb-25-04 11:53 AM, #5
                     RE: nitrous setup on my 95, UDLUZE, Feb-26-04 12:45 AM, #6
                          RE: nitrous setup on my 95, swhit321, Feb-26-04 02:02 PM, #7

96eclipse2nrFeb-24-04 09:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65866, "RE: nitrous setup on my 95"
In response to Reply # 0

well, i havent gone into looking into making my own kit, but i can almost promise you it wont be cheaper. when you buy a full kit they cut you a break on the prices VS if you went out and bought it seperately. thats what a kit is...everything together for cheaper than buying seperate. if you wanna go cheap buy a used kit. i paid 430 shipped for mine...barely even used, and came with a purge and gauge as well as all the rest of the parts. have you even looked at the price of solenoids? they are like 150-200 EACH. not to mention a bottle which is about the same. and you dont have any switches, brackets, relays, hoses, control box (if applicable), nozels, jets. so just with 1 solenoid (say your using a dry system) and a bottle, your already up to $300-400 and your nowhere even close to ready.

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

swhit321Feb-24-04 09:59 AM
230 posts,
#65868, "RE: nitrous setup on my 95"
In response to Reply # 1

I've been looking at buying used pieces for this setup, I've managed to find some friends who will sell their solenoids for under $50. and I'm looking at a bottle that is under $100 I'm not really worried about the hoses and switches.
If anyone has a breakdown of their system I just want to price out what the parts would be.

swhit321Feb-25-04 08:55 AM
230 posts,
#65957, "RE: nitrous setup on my 95"
In response to Reply # 2

anybody else? where are all the people running juice? Just looking for kit breakdown if possible

djtrickeeFeb-25-04 11:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#65966, "RE: nitrous setup on my 95"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by swhit321
anybody else? where are all the people running juice? Just looking for kit breakdown if possible

1 Bottle
2 bottle brackets
1 bottle adaptor to -4an
1 20-25ft ss -4an line
1 solenoid
1 18-24 inch ss -4an line
1 nozzle/jet
1 switch
20 feet 16ga wire

recommended
1 wot switch
1 master kill switch
1 overflow valve w dump tube
1 bottle heater
1 a/f ratio micro switch
1 a/f gauge
1 egt gauge

optional
1 bottle mounted gauge 0-1600 psi
1 nitrous adaptor for said gauge
1 purge kit
1 pillar mounted 52mm nitrous gauge
switches etc... blah blah the list can go on forever

If I were you i would just buy a kit. They are all over ebay for cheap and on here in the for sale section too.
You are taking a risk not buying a kit that will be prejetted for our cars but with enough research, research, research then you can make your own kit...
but watch out...

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

swhit321Feb-25-04 11:53 AM
230 posts,
#65967, "RE: nitrous setup on my 95"
In response to Reply # 4

thanks that was exactly what I was looking for. I have a friend who works at a machine shop and I can get all the brackets custom made and the hoses and switches are no problem. mainly I'm just looking for anything I might have forgotten. Though nitrous is pretty easy to comprehend.

UDLUZEFeb-26-04 12:45 AM
Member since Nov 08th 2002
60 posts,
#65995, "RE: nitrous setup on my 95"
In response to Reply # 5

Just buy a used kit. You can pick them up cheap. Just buy a used kit for a fuel injected car and order the right jets for your application from Advanced Auto Parts. I've bought complete kits with bottle heaters for $125.

(BUILT SHORTBLOCK, HRC S20G-H W/ FMIC, CRANE 16S, 450 dsm injectors, Chillfactory regulator, 3" EXHAUST, SPEC CLUTCH)

swhit321Feb-26-04 02:02 PM
230 posts,
#66038, "RE: nitrous setup on my 95"
In response to Reply # 6

got any of those handy right now?

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #65865 Previous topic | Next topic