Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #60610
View in linear mode

Subject: "Custom Turbo kit ???" Previous topic | Next topic
1995EcliPseGsNov-12-03 11:38 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60610, "Custom Turbo kit ???"

im in the middle of buyin a custom mani and S16G together for $550 shipped is that a good price?(no shaft play and 2k miles on it) I have a general idea of wat i need to get. heres my list let me kno if i missed nething...thx

420a custom manifold
S16G
Vortech SFMU
Walbro 255lph
Turbo XS dual boost controller
1g BOV
#30 injectors
Boost gauge
EGT gauge with probe
Air to Fuel gauge
FMIC and custom IC piping (where can i get custom IC piping?)
****I need a down pipe and all of the hardware***
This is goin on my 95GS BTW
i kno that im missing all the hardware...can ne 420a Turbo guys help me out?????i just need to kno wat hardware i need..ne help is GREATLY appreciated..thx alot in advance

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, Moderatormicyek, Nov-13-03 02:16 AM, #1
RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, redeclipset, Nov-13-03 04:29 AM, #2
      RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, 1995EcliPseGs, Nov-13-03 09:12 AM, #3
           RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, redeclipset, Nov-13-03 10:04 AM, #4
                RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, ZadensDSM, Nov-13-03 12:04 PM, #5
                     RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, 1995EcliPseGs, Nov-13-03 01:35 PM, #6
RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, sd240, Nov-13-03 03:43 PM, #7
RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, lickscissors, Nov-14-03 06:45 AM, #8
      RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, redeclipset, Nov-14-03 07:40 AM, #9
           RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, gilee_8, Nov-14-03 07:52 AM, #10
                RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, sd240, Nov-14-03 10:05 AM, #11
                     RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, 1995EcliPseGs, Nov-15-03 09:05 AM, #12
                          RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, 1995EcliPseGs, Nov-17-03 03:24 PM, #13
                               RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, Ryan_Hes, Nov-18-03 06:55 AM, #14
                                    RE: Custom Turbo kit ???, 1995EcliPseGs, Nov-18-03 07:52 AM, #15

ModeratormicyekNov-13-03 02:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60613, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 0

well I had a nice long reply but my f'n webserver here at work sucks and lost my post...so I'll shorten it...don't think I'm being rude..

first of all:

is your freind.

2nd you need a missing link.

3rd.

Check these links out for your fuel set up.
http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=54

http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=58

http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=59

You set up is going to be pretty close to mine except I have a water cooled T3.

Other then that stuff you seem like you have a good understanding of what you need. Good luck and don't be afraid of the search or to ask for that matter if you need help.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

redeclipsetNov-13-03 04:29 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2003
398 posts,
#60619, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 1

don't forget your oil lines. You also might need a wastegate don't know if thats included with the turbo.

1995EcliPseGsNov-13-03 09:12 AM
121 posts,
#60632, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 2

thx alot guys and i have been using the search...but i'll keep searching..thx alot for all the info..where can i get all the hoses,gaskets,and other misc.???more specifically can ne one tell me wat hardware i will need or wat to search for??
thx alot in advanced

redeclipsetNov-13-03 10:04 AM
398 posts,
#60636, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 3

you'll want to get 4an ss braided hoses for your fuel set up. summitracing.com has everything you should need. Use a 10an ss hose for you oil return line and a 4 an ss hose for your feed line. You'll also need some adapters for the whole fuel and oil setup. I'm just finishing my custom turbo kit and only need intercooler piping and downpipe. goodluck your gonna need it.

ZadensDSMNov-13-03 12:04 PM
Member since Aug 18th 2003
175 posts,
#60643, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 4

some have said even when making a custom kit, to go to hahn for all the hoses, fittings, lines, etc..... they know what you'll need, but i have no clue on pricing....

as far as piping, some get theirs from jc whitney
www.jcwhitney.com

thats about all i got...... lol
hope it helps some

1995EcliPseGsNov-13-03 01:35 PM
121 posts,
#60655, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 5

Thx alot to everyone for the help!!! If ne1 wants to add ne more comments or helpful advice then that would be greatly appreciated.
thx in advanced

sd240Nov-13-03 03:43 PM
Member since May 25th 2003
298 posts,
#60663, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-13-03 03:43 PM by sd240

I also need to know where you can get some custom IC piping? Where did you guys have it done at? How much did it cost? Thanks a lot

Shawn D.

93 Tsi AWD-SAFC I, Apexi N1 turbo back, MBC, K&N w/ hacked can,
Walbro 255, Accel wires, 650cc injectors, stage 3 dsmchip

97 Neon ACR-Stock

lickscissorsNov-14-03 06:45 AM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
#60683, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 7

depending on how much boost youre running...you might not need the missing link since you are a 95
doug

14b custom turbo kit, modified starion front mount, 9.6:1 JE pistons/Eagle rods....running 12psi
screw flanders

redeclipsetNov-14-03 07:40 AM
398 posts,
#60707, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 8

its only like $65. It's better to get one now then to think your cars messed up cause your not getting any fuel

gilee_8Nov-14-03 07:52 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
#60708, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 9

For a custom turbo kit, just do everything yourself.
I bend, I weld and I make my OWN intercooler piping.
I also make my own downpipe and own fuel lines.
I also make my own oil return lines.

If you do more search and study more, you will find out that buying those kit is COMPLETELY waste of money. And you will also find out that they are SO EASY to make that they just don't worth that much money.

Hope that will encourage you to do things yourself!

Gil

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

sd240Nov-14-03 10:05 AM
Member since May 25th 2003
298 posts,
#60712, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 10

I already want to do everything myself, but I just haven't figured out how to do my own IC pipes and down pipe. I think I've fineally got the whole fuel system figured out and those two things are all i have left to figure out. Then I'll start buying everything I need(even if it does take a few years). Thanks for your help.

Shawn D.

93 Tsi AWD-SAFC I, Apexi N1 turbo back, MBC, K&N w/ hacked can,
Walbro 255, Accel wires, 650cc injectors, stage 3 dsmchip

97 Neon ACR-Stock

1995EcliPseGsNov-15-03 09:05 AM
121 posts,
#60748, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 11

Does ne1 kno where i can get Custom IC piping and DP for a custom 420a manifold? Also, can ne1 tell me if HAhn's hardware kits come wit everything u need to install a custom kit wit a HRC S16G??? ANY info is Appreciated...thx in advance

1995EcliPseGsNov-17-03 03:24 PM
121 posts,
#60837, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 12

just wanna kno if this is a good deal...custom 420a manifold with HRC super 16G Turbo, 1G BOV with flange and elbow, custom 2.5DP with Flex section for 800shipped...is that a good price the turbo itself has 2k miles on it with no shart play and the mani is in good condition...and yes it comes with a internal wastegate...thx alot In Advanced...

Ryan_HesNov-18-03 06:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#60863, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by 1995EcliPseGs
just wanna kno if this is a good deal...custom 420a manifold with HRC super 16G Turbo, 1G BOV with flange and elbow, custom 2.5DP with Flex section for 800shipped...is that a good price the turbo itself has 2k miles on it with no shart play and the mani is in good condition...and yes it comes with a internal wastegate...thx alot In Advanced...

That sounds like a good deal.

Also, I can supply you with all the custom IC piping you need for $125 if you have a SMIC or $148 if you have a FMIC.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

1995EcliPseGsNov-18-03 07:52 AM
121 posts,
#60869, "RE: Custom Turbo kit ???"
In response to Reply # 14

thx for the info..and i am actually looking for some custom IC piping for a FMIC..let me kno when we can make me a set..PM me or E-mail me at Siturri@optonline.net:cheers

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #60610 Previous topic | Next topic