Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #57443
View in linear mode

Subject: "Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics" Previous topic | Next topic
Eclipse2NROct-01-03 01:43 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2002
581 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57443, "Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"

Hey all! I finally got all my stuff from Bill (motofool), and we did the turbo install over the weekend. It was pretty rough at times, but in the end it came out ok. Here's a list of the parts:

Garret 60 Trim T3 Turbo
Unknown Manifold
Vortech SFMU
Billet Fuel Rail
All new fuel lines from the pump to the rail and back
30# Fuel Injectors
1G Side-Mount Intercooler
Walbro 255 LPH In-Tank Fuel Pump
Yadda yadda you get the picture.

Anyway, I will first say that Bill's kit left quite a bit to be desired. First thing we noticed was that the downpipe was not going to work very well. It hit about everything on the way down to the cat that it possibly could. I blame this on him changing manifolds at the last minute, and building up the downpipe on a different style of manifold. Still, it's no excuse for an improperly fitting piece. We had to cut out a large section of the downpipe, and replace it with flexible exhaust pipe, which is far from airtight, and leaks a lot. It was the only way we could use any of his downpipe. Secondly, he did not send me a lot of little odds and ends. I had to make about 10 runs to the hardware store to buy nuts and bolts. Also, the oil sender block where you hook up the oil feed line (it screws into the back of the engine block) would not fit. The threads were correct, but there was a part of the engine in the way, and it would not thread in nearly far enough. We had to go to Menards and dig through all the plumbing fittings to find an extension.

Next problem, the new manifold he uses places the turbo in a very high location, high enough so that my aerogear preditor hood will not close. This may not be an issue on factory hoods, but if they can shut, it would deffinately be touching the hood.

The fuel system installed fairly straightforward, but his home-made fuel rail brackets did not work very well, and we had to modify them so that the fuel rail would sit at the correct angle and allow the injectors to seal into the rail, otherwise they would leak fuel. The fuel lines he included, however, were very nice, utilizing hard aluminum line from the pump up to the firewall, transitioning to braided line, right into the fuel rail. From the other end of the fuel rail, was about a one foot length of braided line, into the SFMU. From the SFMU, 3 feet of braided line, connecting to a length of hardline, back to the tank on the return side of things.

He used a typical flange/nut system where you drill into the oil pan, slide the flange through the hole, spin a nut on the end, and hook up a rubber hose and run it to the turbo oil drain flange. He did not include any gasket material for the flange on the pan, so we crafted a makeshift gasket from cardboard and RTV sealent.

All in all, the value I got from Motofool's turbo kit was exceptional. I recieved extremely high quality parts, and a lot of them. However, Bill had my money for about 4 months. He never told me that I would have to wait that long, and insinuated that I would have a kit shortly after payment. I know he had lots of problems along the way, and I understand that, but that time should have been allocated to sorting out all the kits shortcomings. Instead, I spent 3/4 of the install time driving from store to store looking for parts. He should have done this for me, thats what a "kit" is supposed to be. We had to do so much work to make this turbo system fit onto the car, I don't think I can honestly call it a GotTude Turbo kit. It's more like an Eclipse2NR Custom Hybrid Turbosystem. Anyone want one? I could buy all the same parts and put my name on it. Hell, I'll even include an air filter, unlike the GotTude Kit.

Here's some pictures of the various parts...

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Body Components by Aerogear / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic v2 - More at http://home.insightbb.com/~mgalyan/
Mark Galyan - Greenwood, Indiana

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Snail_GS, Oct-01-03 02:04 PM, #1
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, grain, Oct-01-03 02:05 PM, #2
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, corsagsbo, Oct-01-03 02:09 PM, #3
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Collente, Oct-01-03 02:21 PM, #4
      RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Eclipse2NR, Oct-01-03 02:26 PM, #5
           RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, silvreclipsers, Oct-01-03 02:42 PM, #6
           RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Eagle 5, Oct-01-03 02:42 PM, #7
                RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Eclipse2NR, Oct-01-03 02:49 PM, #8
                     RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, silvreclipsers, Oct-01-03 02:51 PM, #9
                          RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Teamner947, Oct-01-03 03:31 PM, #10
                               RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Eclipse2NR, Oct-01-03 03:35 PM, #11
                                    RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, TeamXtremeRS, Oct-01-03 04:14 PM, #12
                                    RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Eclipse2NR, Oct-01-03 04:17 PM, #13
                                         RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, TeamXtremeRS, Oct-01-03 04:21 PM, #16
                                              RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Teamner947, Oct-02-03 03:46 AM, #24
                                    RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, TeamMichael_97RS, Oct-01-03 04:17 PM, #14
                                    RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Initial DSM, Oct-01-03 04:19 PM, #15
                                    RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Eclipse2NR, Oct-01-03 04:21 PM, #17
                                    RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, RicecarRST, Oct-01-03 04:23 PM, #18
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, RSTsoon, Oct-01-03 04:41 PM, #19
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, DarKReaLity, Oct-01-03 06:10 PM, #20
      RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, MotoFool, Oct-01-03 06:14 PM, #21
           RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, DarKReaLity, Oct-02-03 02:38 AM, #22
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Moderatormicyek, Oct-02-03 03:00 AM, #23
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 04:04 AM, #25
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Eclipse2NR, Oct-02-03 04:49 AM, #26
      RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 05:14 AM, #27
      RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, siueclipse, Oct-02-03 05:18 AM, #28
           RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 05:29 AM, #29
                RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Teametx, Oct-02-03 05:53 AM, #30
                     RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 07:38 AM, #31
                          RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Teametx, Oct-02-03 08:40 AM, #32
                          RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 08:45 AM, #34
                          RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Eclipse2NR, Oct-02-03 08:43 AM, #33
                               RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Collente, Oct-02-03 09:14 AM, #35
                                    RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Grashper, Oct-02-03 09:47 AM, #36
                                    RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Collente, Oct-02-03 09:51 AM, #38
                                    RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, MotoFool, Oct-02-03 09:51 AM, #37
                                         RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Uberingram, Oct-02-03 10:39 AM, #39
                                         RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Teametx, Oct-02-03 11:11 AM, #40
                                         RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 11:40 AM, #41
                                              RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Uberingram, Oct-02-03 11:46 AM, #42
                                              RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 11:55 AM, #44
                                                   RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Uberingram, Oct-02-03 12:10 PM, #45
                                                   RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 12:21 PM, #46
                                                        RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Uberingram, Oct-02-03 12:33 PM, #48
                                                        RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 04:41 PM, #56
                                                             RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Uberingram, Oct-02-03 04:54 PM, #57
                                                                  RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 05:13 PM, #59
                                                        RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Uberingram, Oct-02-03 12:33 PM, #49
                                                   RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Matt_95tgs, Oct-02-03 12:24 PM, #47
                                                        RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, turbo8u, Oct-02-03 12:38 PM, #50
                                                             RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Matt_95tgs, Oct-02-03 01:03 PM, #51
                                                             RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, mototool, Oct-02-03 04:58 PM, #58
                                              RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, 2hot97GS, Oct-10-03 06:47 AM, #61
                                         RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Matt_95tgs, Oct-02-03 11:49 AM, #43
                                              RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, turbo8u, Oct-02-03 01:06 PM, #52
                                                   RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, TeamMichael_97RS, Oct-02-03 01:43 PM, #53
                                                        RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, TeamXtremeRS, Oct-02-03 04:01 PM, #54
                                                             RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Matt_95tgs, Oct-02-03 04:21 PM, #55
                                                                  RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, RSTsoon, Oct-09-03 04:52 PM, #60
                                                                       RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, RSTsoon, Oct-10-03 06:13 PM, #62
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, gilee_8, Oct-10-03 07:50 PM, #63
RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, EclipseRST, Oct-10-03 08:40 PM, #64
      RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-10-03 10:21 PM, #65

Snail_GSOct-01-03 02:04 PM
Member since Jun 07th 2002
266 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57447, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

Congrats on making everything work Mark, nice write up. pts4u

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

grainOct-01-03 02:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#57448, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

that oil line looks like its a little low into the oil pan. might get backed up. i like the look of the turbo also. good job making YOUR kit work

corsagsboOct-01-03 02:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#57449, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm sorry to hear of the experience.... really. For the pieces parts used, and the amount of effort you had to put into the project, I hope such a thing isn't being promoted as a kit anymore. This just is not good. However, now you have a base to start with and I wish you the best of luck.

420a and ej20... both with boost

CollenteOct-01-03 02:21 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#57450, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 3

I had a lot of the same problems, I had to use washers on my hood and it still is tight but I think It will be fine. I will have pics of mine up soon. I just took my dp to a muffler shop and they were able to get it perfect. So do you have your ic connected? How many PSI are you running?

Nick
97RS

turbo8u> shut your SUCK
ZAO684: NIPPLE warning...maybe>?

Eclipse2NROct-01-03 02:26 PM
581 posts,
#57451, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks guys, I appreciate your support. My intercooler is completely piped, but the engine hasn't yet seen any boost. We started it up a few times to check for oil/fuel leaks and any thing else that could be obviously wrong. My fuel pressure was lean at idle, so I jumped that to about 29 psi at idle. Idled fine, we reved it slightly, but nowhere near enough to see boost. One odd thing we noticed, at very part throttle, it seems the turbo functions as a restriction, as we noticed -20 inhg on the boost gauge... never saw it that low unless decelerating. I'm assuming when not boosting, the turbo does restrict a little flow. Gonna finish up the little crap tomorrow, check for leaks one more time, and get her out in the road and feel the power. Might have to take off the hood, lol. Thanks everyone, couldn't have done it without the 2GNT Crew!

1996 Eclipse RS / 5-Speed / Body Components by Aerogear / Coated in Magnetic Red Metallic v2 - More at http://home.insightbb.com/~mgalyan/

silvreclipsersOct-01-03 02:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#57452, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 5

how much was it?

Eagle 5Oct-01-03 02:42 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
#57453, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 5

I woudl say the turbo would affect the engine when not boosting. There is a turbine wheel in the way and that kind of blocks the path of air so that is probably why you saw low vac.

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

Eclipse2NROct-01-03 02:49 PM
581 posts,
#57455, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 7

How much was it? I'm not supposed to say because I did not pay full estimated retail price, but lets just say it was less than 1700 including injectors.

silvreclipsersOct-01-03 02:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#57456, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 8

nice I need to start saving up for a turbo kit

Teamner947Oct-01-03 03:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#57458, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 9

is that an open to atmosphere wastegate?

if so, is it really loud? i've never heard one before. some say it sounds really cool.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Eclipse2NROct-01-03 03:35 PM
581 posts,
#57459, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 10

>is that an open to atmosphere wastegate?
>
>if so, is it really loud? i've never heard one before. some
>say it sounds really cool.

No, this is a internally gated T3. Bill says it's set for about 6 psi, lets hope he was right and I don't end up getting a 15 psi spike on my factory bottom end.

TeamXtremeRSOct-01-03 04:14 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#57460, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 11

Get that oil drain fixed. Its way too low. Its below the oil line in the oil pan, meaning, you are trying to drain oil into oil..that wont flow to well. You will either have to plug that hole somehow, find an oil pan doner.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Eclipse2NROct-01-03 04:17 PM
581 posts,
#57461, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 12
Oct-01-03 04:17 PM by Eclipse2NR

I had no idea where to put the hole. I figured it would be fine since theres significant pressure from the feed line from the block. Is it still not enough? I was also worried about clearing the engine internals... I had no idea if they protrude into that part of the pan or anything...

TeamXtremeRSOct-01-03 04:21 PM
6329 posts,
#57464, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 13

>I had no idea where to put the hole. I figured it would be
>fine since theres significant pressure from the feed line from
>the block. Is it still not enough? I was also worried about
>clearing the engine internals... I had no idea if they
>protrude into that part of the pan or anything...
>
>Well there is not a whole lot of pressure in the drain. In the feed yes, but once it goes through the turbo, it has very little pressure. Internals should not be an issue. The best place to put it is at the top of the pan, prefrably on the flattest part you can fine, to help it seal well.

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Teamner947Oct-02-03 03:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#57504, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 16

is where HRC says to put it.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

TeamMichael_97RSOct-01-03 04:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#57462, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"

I know the feeling, we spent many trips to Home Depot getting Brian's 'tude "kit" working.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Smooth idle? We don't need no stinking smooth idle.

Mods List:
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

Initial DSMOct-01-03 04:19 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#57463, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"

How did you keep the aem cai with the bov attached to it? was that something you did custom, or was that an option with the kit?

The manifold looks cool btw.

Eclipse2NROct-01-03 04:21 PM
581 posts,
#57465, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 15

It wasnt an AEM CAI, just a short-ram from AEM. Motofool sent me a little pipe with the blow off valve flange mounted to it, and we coupled that directly to the AEM pipe.

RicecarRSTOct-01-03 04:23 PM
Member since Sep 24th 2003
49 posts,
#57466, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"

I did my own custom kit for my ride and I didnt have any problems getting parts for it. I think your right maybe I should build my own kit and slap my clubs name on it. After all said and done my kit came out to $1800 but mine is a little different as far as extra parts go. Please keep us informed on the performance of your ride when you go to hit some boost.
Oh and my wastegate goes to the atmosphere and yes it does sound pretty awesome combined with the TurboXS RFL BOV. It makes peoples heads turn around alot. I suggest doing it. Plus I think theres a little performance to gain by doing it. Seems as though there would be less restriction in the exhaust.

RSTsoonOct-01-03 04:41 PM
Member since May 22nd 2003
127 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57469, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

Im still waiting for my kit...I hope it comes with everything and i dont have to make a miallion trips to the store.And
I better not have to cut any fucking pipe up to make something fit

My cars not slow im just fat..

DarKReaLityOct-01-03 06:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#57488, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 19

i'm sorry to say, but that custom kit looks so ghetto as hell. i mean i'm happy for you trying to boost and all to save money, and that motofool didn't actually give you a "kit". but that's what i see. those home depot couplings are not going to last too long, they'll eventually expand,leak and blow off, you need the silicone ones. you got press bended aluminum piping and small and large diameter,for your set up? man try your best to get mendrel bends, you got mad airflow restriction. i don't know man, but i would be more worried about lots of leaking things. that would be a lot of reasons of you not boosting.or check your vacuum connections real well.i know you probably don't have the funds. but if you're going to go for a kit, make sure you're able to do it right the 1st time so it won't give you headaches.

MotoFoolOct-01-03 06:14 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#57490, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 20

i didn't send him any home depot coulers or that ic piping his kit was a stage 1 non intercooled kit i sold him for what its worth....

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

DarKReaLityOct-02-03 02:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#57501, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 21

>i didn't send him any home depot coulers or that ic piping
>his kit was a stage 1 non intercooled kit i sold him for what
>its worth....
>
>
yeah i know that, but i wouldn't consider what you gave him, any kind of stage, w/o pipings, couplings, it's not a complete kit. a kit is a complete install without having to buy a other parts to make it work.
STAR perfomance is a kit, HRC is a kit. not yours. you're just selling him a partial kit.

ModeratormicyekOct-02-03 03:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#57502, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

congrats on the turbo:thumbsup

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

mototoolOct-02-03 04:04 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2003
172 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57506, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

Did that downpipe come with your Kit or did you make that yourself?

Did you make that intake pipe or did it come with the kit?

Did your BOV bolt right up to the IC pipe that was supplied in the "kit" or did you have to grind it all up to get it to fit?

Did you pay for the kit upfront, and then wait months to get it?

Mototool - The other white meat!

"He might just be more badass than Dino." -DR1665

Eclipse2NROct-02-03 04:49 AM
581 posts,
#57508, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 25

>Did that downpipe come with your Kit or did you make that
>yourself?

It came with the kit, but it didn't fit and we had to cut out about 6" of it near the A/C compressor.

>Did you make that intake pipe or did it come with the kit?

Bill sent me 3 pieces of mandral bent pipes for the intake, but I wanted to be intercooled, so we used my AEM intake pipe, his pipes, and some more we bought.

>Did your BOV bolt right up to the IC pipe that was supplied in
>the "kit" or did you have to grind it all up to get it to
>fit?

He had the BOV flange welded to a small piece of piping, but it was welded on upside down and wouldn't fit. We had to cut like 1/2" off the end of the flange.

>Did you pay for the kit upfront, and then wait months to get
>it?

I did pay upfront, and wait for months. 4 months in fact.

mototoolOct-02-03 05:14 AM
172 posts,
#57510, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 26

>>Did that downpipe come with your Kit or did you make that
>>yourself?
>It came with the kit, but it didn't fit and we had to cut out
>about 6" of it near the A/C compressor.

>>Did you make that intake pipe or did it come with the kit?
>Bill sent me 3 pieces of mandral bent pipes for the intake,
>but I wanted to be intercooled, so we used my AEM intake pipe,
>his pipes, and some more we bought.

not the IC piping, the INTAKE piping. Before the turbo inlet. The pipe between the air filter and the turbo. Did that pipe come with the kit?

>He had the BOV flange welded to a small piece of piping, but
>it was welded on upside down and wouldn't fit. We had to cut
>like 1/2" off the end of the flange.

Was it upside down for YOUR application, or upside down for the INTENDED application? (If you didn't put an IC on it)

>>Did you pay for the kit upfront, and then wait months to get
>>it?
>I did pay upfront, and wait for months. 4 months in fact.

Dear Lord! Please sweet succulent Jesus bless this man!

I would have taken that cash, and invested it for four months. Then, you'd be able to buy a turbo kit with a good reputation, even in this bear market.

Live and learn, right?

siueclipseOct-02-03 05:18 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#57512, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 26

yeah.. unfortunatly ill have to agree with a couple people on here and say that turbo kit looks like shit. your car looks very nice, but if that was under my hood, i don't think id ever open it.

no offense motofool, i know these are just the beginnings.. but something needs to be done about cosmetics.

happy boosting though man.. good job getting it on.

James

mototoolOct-02-03 05:29 AM
172 posts,
#57516, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 28

>yeah.. unfortunatly ill have to agree with a couple people on
>here and say that turbo kit looks like shit.

>your car looks very nice, but if that was under my hood, i don't
>think id ever open it.

TeametxOct-02-03 05:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#57519, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 29

Is that shitty-bent exaust pipe on your compressor outlet?

I would order pipes from JC Whitney or Hahn, it looks like you will have a lot of restriction in your pipes. People might say it dosent matter because compressed air is compressed air but when its moving like that it will refract and cause a restriction. $1700 with a fmic?

mototoolOct-02-03 07:38 AM
172 posts,
#57528, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 30

>Is that shitty-bent exaust pipe on your compressor outlet?
>

My asshole makes my shit smoother than that, when my shit isn't all rabbit like.

>$1700 with a fmic?

No. It's a stage 1 kit. As we all know stage 1 means no intercooler.

TeametxOct-02-03 08:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#57533, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 31

>>Is that shitty-bent exaust pipe on your compressor outlet?
>>
>
>My asshole makes my shit smoother than that, when my shit
>isn't all rabbit like.

You bend pipes with your arse? You really did live in a race motor!!

>>$1700 with a fmic?
>
>No. It's a stage 1 kit. As we all know stage 1 means no
>intercooler.
>

Yeah Stage 1 does mean no intercooler if your name is HAHN! I have seen stage 1 kits for other cars with an ic, its all about who makes the kit. stage this stage that, it makes no differance.

Mototroll your the coolest! let's be friends...

mototoolOct-02-03 08:45 AM
172 posts,
#57535, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 32

>You bend pipes with your arse? You really did live in a race
>motor!!

No, I bend shit with my ass. Fecal matter.

>>No. It's a stage 1 kit.
>Yeah Stage 1 does mean no intercooler if your name is HAHN!

Stages sucks. They're complete and total crap!

> stage this stage that, it makes no differance.

Or difference, even. I'm with you on stages, though. Horse Shit!

>Mototroll your the coolest! let's be friends...

You just want asshole bent piping for your turbo kit.

Eclipse2NROct-02-03 08:43 AM
581 posts,
#57534, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 31
Oct-02-03 08:50 AM by Eclipse2NR

Yeah, I will admit that the aesthetics of my current kit leave a lot to be desired, but I didn't have much of a choice. The AEM pipe I already had on the car, and have ran it for a while. It was such a nice pipe, I couldn't stand to replace it. AEM pipes are nice and big too. The downpipe, well... yeah. If you guys could have been there, you would have seen that there was no other way to do it. We even used a jet-ski trailer to try and bend the pipe for over an hour. It was really far off. It wouldn't even mount up to the turbo like it was. We sat around for over an hour trying to figure out how to make it work. We decided on the last restort, which I didn't want to go to, but we just had no choice. We cut out a little over 6" of the downpipe, basicly the whole vertical portion of the pipe that runs down the frontside of the engine. All of that section of the downpipe was conflicting with other parts of the car, namely the A/C compressor. We replaced that part of the downpipe with a short section of flexible tail pipe. It works, but it doesn't work well. I'm not very proud of it, but I'm broke and don't even have enough money to get it welded and fixed up good for me. I put my faith in Bill to get me the goods like he said, and he just fell real short of his mark. In the next few months I'll be fixing these problems, one step at a time. Today I have to figure out how to get my hood to close, and get the downpipe to clear the upper radiator hose. Both of these are just going to piss me off because they should not have been problems. I'll keep you guys posted.

CollenteOct-02-03 09:14 AM
2447 posts,
#57538, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 33
Oct-02-03 09:17 AM by Collente

Im sure if you took up the problems that you had with motofool he would fix them. You were impatient and wanted it on NOW, don't get me wrong I know the feeling. I had a few minor problems with mine and they were fixed immediatly and even sent me upgrades to help with the problem. Im boosting 5psi no problems at all. Unfortunetly I will be attending sbcc and need mone

Also the money we payed for the parts we recieved was excellent. We didnt pay 2200 for an hrc kit. I payed around 1700 in the end.
Here is my stage 1 finished result.

Nick
97RS

turbo8u> shut your SUCK

GrashperOct-02-03 09:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#57545, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 35

Hey Collente, could you take some more pics or should I say some better pics of the kit so I can get a better idea of the kit. Thanks

no more 420A

only 4G63

CollenteOct-02-03 09:51 AM
2447 posts,
#57547, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 36

Check the sales/wanted section. I have more pics of things there. Sorry this POS camera haha it was 30 bucks at walmart
Nick
97RS

turbo8u> shut your SUCK

MotoFoolOct-02-03 09:51 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#57546, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 35
Oct-02-03 09:58 AM by MotoFool

that is the intake piping i provided t-bolt clamps, 3 ply silicone turbo connectors...

the pic shows collentes manifold and downpipe and eclipse 2nr has pics of his billet fuel rail stainless lines and the steel fuel guage mount line i sent him...

Bill

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

UberingramOct-02-03 10:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#57561, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 37

I still think the kit comes at a good price. I would buy it over HRC's kit knowing what I know now. Bill has hooked up az2GNT and I would buy from him.

TeametxOct-02-03 11:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#57568, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 39
Oct-02-03 11:13 AM by etx

Yeah, its a way better price than the hahn kit.

Motofool: i was talking about the pipe at the compressor housing looks all funny. Looks like thats somthing he did himself becuase you did not supply that.

Edit:
Oh yeah, like XtremeRS said that drain fitting really needs to be moved up. I would take it to a welding place and have them seal your hole and weld the fitting in the proper place. Then it will drain properly and you wont have to sweat leaks from that fitting.

mototoolOct-02-03 11:40 AM
172 posts,
#57570, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 39

>I still think the kit comes at a good price.

I weep for the future.

>I would buy it over HRC's kit knowing what I know now.

I WOULDN'T buy it over ANY kit knowing what I know now. The pictures that have been posted show the quality of the kit. I use the term quality loosley.

The oil return line is a piece of rubber hose with some barb fittings. The manifold is mig welded, and not the best mig welding job I've ever seen. The turbo has no thought put into it, it's just a stock GN turbo, complete with air intake 2-bolt flange bolt up venturi and all. There's no thought on the IC piping. The downpipe just isn't right. The guy's hood doesn't fit right. The whole thing is half assed. I don't care if this guy wanted to modify it and add an intercooler, it's still half assed.

On top of it all, the whole kit is extremely overrated. "OMG d00d th3r3z 4 k1t by3 4n0th3r c0mp4ny, 4nd 1tz ch33p3r!!" You get what you pay for

I'll sell you a box with a turbo, a manifold, some piping, a SMFU, and a few pieces of human excrement for $1699. Will you buy it 'cause it's cheaper? Probably not. Why? I'm betting it's because of the excrement.

UberingramOct-02-03 11:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#57573, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 41

What you fail to realize is that my HRC kit was ½ assed and got little to no help from Hahn on getting anything replaced. Got wrong parts and got damanged parts and some shoddy quality parts to boot. What would I rather start replacing parts for? 1700 kit or 3000 kit? 1300 bucks in extra goodies. Hrm. But thats my take on it. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon becuase 'omg its a new kit and we must get it' so get overyourself. Like I said in my previous post, Bill has been of great help to az2GNT and I would be glad to do future business with him.

mototoolOct-02-03 11:55 AM
172 posts,
#57577, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 42

>What you fail to realize is that my HRC kit was ½
>assed and got little to no help from Hahn on getting anything
>replaced.

Yep. That's pretty much what you get for buying a kit.

Did you buy it 4 months before you received it and did you pay for it upfront? Just curious.

>What would I rather start replacing parts for? 1700 kit or 3000
>kit?

You shouldn't replace parts in a kit. They should all come with it. It is a kit, you know.

>1300 bucks in extra goodies. Hrm. But thats my take on it.

You'd have $1301 if you bought the motoTOOL Super ultimate stage twentyseventeen turbo kit.

Better yet, how 'bout this: Pay me two grand, and let me sit on it for 4 months. After those four months, I'll charge you shipping and you can have your two grand back. Guess who just made money?

>I'm not jumping on the bandwagon becuase 'omg its a new kit and we
>must get it' so get overyourself.

I'll never be over myself. Don't I look cute in this outfit?!

>Like I said in my previous post, Bill has been of great help to
>az2GNT and I would be glad to do future business with him.

My right hand has been good to my cock, but you don't see my johnson forking over money to it.

UberingramOct-02-03 12:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#57579, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 44

>>What you fail to realize is that my HRC kit was ½
>>assed and got little to no help from Hahn on getting
>anything
>>replaced.
>
>Yep. That's pretty much what you get for buying a kit.

I don't follow you on this one. If they promise said equipment then what is provided should match the packing list. Mine did not and Hahn made no effort to rectify the situation.

>Did you buy it 4 months before you received it and did you pay
>for it upfront? Just curious.

Paid over the phone, got it 1½ weeks later

>>What would I rather start replacing parts for? 1700 kit or
>3000
>>kit?
>
>You shouldn't replace parts in a kit. They should all come
>with it. It is a kit, you know.

Thats the theory anway.

>>1300 bucks in extra goodies. Hrm. But thats my take on it.
>
>You'd have $1301 if you bought the motoTOOL Super ultimate
>stage twentyseventeen turbo kit.

Once again you prove how much of an ass you are and distort the arguement into a 3rd grade debate class. Obnoxious to say the least.

>>I'm not jumping on the bandwagon becuase 'omg its a new kit
>and we
>>must get it' so get overyourself.
>
>I'll never be over myself. Don't I look cute in this outfit?!

Please see previous statement.

>>Like I said in my previous post, Bill has been of great help
>to
>>az2GNT and I would be glad to do future business with him.
>
>My right hand has been good to my cock, but you don't see my
>johnson forking over money to it.

3rd time's a charm.

mototoolOct-02-03 12:21 PM
172 posts,
#57581, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 45

>>Yep. That's pretty much what you get for buying a kit.
>I don't follow you on this one.

I really need to spell it out? You're buying a "kit" made up of dozens of little pieces here and there. Unless you buy a kit from someone like VORTECH, you'll end up piecing together missed pieces because the po dunk little place who made your "kit" made it to fit on their car, their year, their pieces. Not yours.

>If they promise said equipment then what is provided should match
>the packing list. Mine did not and Hahn made no effort to rectify
>the situation.

That's true. It's also unfortunate.

>>Did you buy it 4 months before you received it and did you
>>pay for it upfront? Just curious.
>Paid over the phone, got it 1½ weeks later

See? There you go. What's your time worth to you? What're repeated phone calls worth. What's the frustration worth?

>>You shouldn't replace parts in a kit. They should all come
>>with it. It is a kit, you know.
>Thats the theory anway.

Sometimes you get the whole kit. Other times you don't.

>>You'd have $1301 if you bought the motoTOOL Super ultimate
>>stage twentyseventeen turbo kit.

>Once again you prove how much of an ass you are and distort
>the arguement into a 3rd grade debate class. Obnoxious to say
>the least.

Oh, not, this is at least fifth grade we're talking about here. It's better than repeated "STFU"'s though, isn't it? At least I can hold a conversation

You're just upset because I'm right.

>>I'll never be over myself. Don't I look cute in this
>>outfit?!

>Please see previous statement.

Well, since you said PLEASE.... Oh, you ARE just upset because I am right!

>3rd time's a charm.

I'm right.

What consistency excrement would you like with your turbo kit? little rabbit pellets, smeary baby green, or normal "healthy shit" feces?

UberingramOct-02-03 12:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#57586, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 46
Oct-02-03 12:34 PM by Uberingram

>I really need to spell it out? You're buying a "kit" made up
>of dozens of little pieces here and there. Unless you buy a
>kit from someone like VORTECH, you'll end up piecing together
>missed pieces because the po dunk little place who made your
>"kit" made it to fit on their car, their year, their pieces.
>Not yours.

HRC is 'po dunk'? Last I checked they were pretty reputable with other members.

>>>Did you buy it 4 months before you received it and did you
>>>pay for it upfront? Just curious.
>>Paid over the phone, got it 1½ weeks later
>
>See? There you go. What's your time worth to you? What're
>repeated phone calls worth. What's the frustration worth?

That was shipping you tard. What kit provider do you know of that ships faster then that? I called twice in one day and emailed that night. Got no response the next day, got frustrated for .045621 seconds and went to home depot. It's unfortunate but I didn't want to fuck with it. If I have the choice of 2 kits that I had to replace parts for what do you think I would choose? Apparantly I should be choosing the kit that costs twice as much

>You're just upset because I'm right.
>
>>>I'll never be over myself. Don't I look cute in this
>>>outfit?!
>
>>Please see previous statement.
>
>Well, since you said PLEASE.... Oh, you ARE just upset because
>I am right!
>
>>3rd time's a charm.
>
>I'm right.

I'm dumbfounded by the pure stupidity of that. If you want to think you're right then fine, I doubt I can change your narrow mind.

mototoolOct-02-03 04:41 PM
172 posts,
#57618, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 48

>HRC is 'po dunk'?

Compared to Vortech, yes.

>Last I checked they were pretty reputable with other members.

They may be. You had problems that weren't addressed. Maybe you should have stirred some shit up?

>>>>Did you buy it 4 months before you received it and did you
>>>>pay for it upfront? Just curious.
>>>Paid over the phone, got it 1½ weeks later
>>
>>See? There you go. What's your time worth to you? What're
>>repeated phone calls worth. What's the frustration worth?
>
>That was shipping you tard. What kit provider do you know of
>that ships faster then that?

My point was you got your kit quickly. You didn't pay, and sit and wait for four months. You purchased the more reputable, more expensive kit. You got it in a week and a half, not four months. There you go. You paid for convenience. You paid for a more complete package, that's what I was getting at. Unfortunately, you didn't get all the parts. Oops.

>If I have the choice of 2 kits that I had to replace parts for what
>do you think I would choose? Apparantly I should be choosing the kit
>that costs twice as much

Chances are the kit that costs twice as much won't NEED a run up to home depot. Chances are the quality of the more expensive kit is better, and chances are the service behind the kit is better than what you experienced. You got burned, that sucks. But, chances are since the company you purchased it from was "more reputable" you were going to walk away with a better experience. Okay, so you didn't, but how many people HAVE? HRC's track record is much better than gottude's.

UberingramOct-02-03 04:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#57620, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 56

>>Last I checked they were pretty reputable with other
>members.
>
>They may be. You had problems that weren't addressed. Maybe
>you should have stirred some shit up?

I tried for a few days but you can only stir so much shit when listening to the same prerecorded hold message.

>My point was you got your kit quickly. You didn't pay, and sit
>and wait for four months. You purchased the more reputable,
>more expensive kit. You got it in a week and a half, not four
>months. There you go. You paid for convenience. You paid for a
>more complete package, that's what I was getting at.
>Unfortunately, you didn't get all the parts. Oops.

Point and match on that. However I don't understand the bitching about it. Sure, maybe GotTude should have field tested more before calling it a kit. But the buyers should have known...hey you're buying an unfielded kit! I would still be interested however. but I only say this becuase I've installed a turbo system before and understand how it works (for the most part ). It becomes obvious this isnt a 'kit' for people just learning to do this.

>>If I have the choice of 2 kits that I had to replace parts
>for what
>>do you think I would choose? Apparantly I should be choosing
>the kit
>>that costs twice as much

>Chances are the kit that costs twice as much won't NEED a run
>up to home depot. Chances are the quality of the more
>expensive kit is better, and chances are the service behind
>the kit is better than what you experienced. You got burned,
>that sucks. But, chances are since the company you purchased
>it from was "more reputable" you were going to walk away with
>a better experience. Okay, so you didn't, but how many people
>HAVE? HRC's track record is much better than gottude's.

You said 'chance' 4 times there . Each time hurt more and more. I got ripped by HRC, thats my opinion and that wont change. Most of my fuel fittings are ghetto'fied as well as some oil fittings too. 3 large and some change should have gotten me a phone call back and an email. Bill does both of those and I enjoyed it. This is just from my experiance however so think how you like

mototoolOct-02-03 05:13 PM
172 posts,
#57622, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 57

>I tried for a few days but you can only stir so much shit when
>listening to the same prerecorded hold message.

That's true. That's unfortunate.

>>My point was you got your kit quickly.
>Point and match on that. However I don't understand the
>bitching about it.

I'd bitch if I had to wait for a turbo for 4 months.

>Sure, maybe GotTude should have field tested more before calling it
>a kit. But the buyers should have known...hey you're buying an
>unfielded kit!

You're right. Maybe there was a lack of communication on somebodies part because they wouldn't be bitching about it if it's what they were told to expect.

>It becomes obvious this isnt a 'kit' for people just learning to do
>this.

Yeah, but don't people who know what they're doing want a quality kit? I know I would, if I were going to buy a turbo kit.

>You said 'chance' 4 times there

You take a chance when you order from people online.

>I got ripped by HRC, thats my opinion and that wont change.

I don't care either way. You got ripped by HRC, maybe people need to know about it. What parts were damaged in your kit? What parts were left out? How much did you spend fixing it?

>3 large and some change should have gotten me a phone call back and
>an email.

That's true. It should have gotten you a russian wife delivered to your door, too. One that's good with sucking.

UberingramOct-02-03 12:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#57587, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 46
Oct-02-03 12:33 PM by Uberingram

dp

Matt_95tgsOct-02-03 12:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#57583, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 44

I still don't get how bill has been soooo great to the 2gnt community. In fact I think the complete opposite is true. I think the 2gnt community has been great to him without much in return. I will say that bill has probably helped out a lot of people that have general questions, but hell, I know tons of people that do that and they don't get much credit for it. As for the parts that he fabricates for 2gnt... give me a break... 1st off, I have yet to see one good quality part that gottude fabricates for sale. I see a bunch of half-assed stuff advertised on 2gnt like it's gold and a bunch of members, who don't know a piece of shit when they see it, running to buy them. Why does this make him such a 2gnt supporter? Did you know that he has been running his business strictly based off of 2gnt without paying any vendor fees or even DONATING for that matter? Yea, he sure supports 2gnt... riiight. HELLO he makes money on those parts, he doesn't donate them to the members out of the goodness of his heart.

He makes all of these parts without a true understanding of what he is selling. Then, the funny part is that he gets on 2gnt and tries to one-up other REAL vendors that don't sell 1/2 assed garbage with some bullshit reason as to why his parts are better. Personally, I love reading mototool's posts. I'm sick of seeing MotoFool come up with shit like a "Cletus the slack-jawed yokle" turbo kit and have people praise him for saving them money. Or, better yet, a group buy on downpipes that he can't even make! I'll end this thought with a question: How many mototools does it take to wake people the hell up? Anyone????

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

turbo8uOct-02-03 12:38 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#57588, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 47

>How many mototools does it take to wake people the hell up? Anyone????

i cant believe you just said that.

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Uberingram> I bow down to the Geo

Matt_95tgsOct-02-03 01:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#57593, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 50

You might not like him because he makes some immature comments, but you gotta admit, it makes people read what he says. If he just posted like a boring tech guy, nobody would read it. Face it, the kids here like drama. If they have to choose between reading mototool's posts or reading all the technical jargon as to why a part is a piece of shit, they will read the drama every time. If he didn't know what he's talking about, I wouldn't find find him so amusing, but he's smart enough to put 99% of the people here in their place. He's capable of distinguishing between quality and shitty parts when he sees them and people read what he says because of how he types. Whether or not you like him is irrelivant. He obviously could care less. I'm not out to be his buddy, but I can appreciate the points that he makes and have a good laugh in the process.

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

mototoolOct-02-03 04:58 PM
172 posts,
#57621, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 50

>>How many mototools does it take to wake people the hell up?
>Anyone????
>
>i cant believe you just said that.

I can't believe you continue to breathe.

How many mototools does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop? The world may never know.

How many people wake up dreaming they're in hell because of mototool? The world may never know

I think I'm getting confused. It's naptime.

2hot97GSOct-10-03 06:47 AM
Member since Aug 18th 2002
413 posts,
#58274, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 41

:thumbsupI'll sell you a box with a turbo, a manifold, some piping, a SMFU, and a few pieces of human excrement for $1699. Will you buy it 'cause it's cheaper?

dude... ill take ten.. lol... its true..you get what you pay for... do it right... THE FIRST TIME

Travis
Blue 93 Talon AWD
Best Time 11.9 w/ 104 octane
-Objects in mirror are getting thier asses kicked-

Matt_95tgsOct-02-03 11:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#57575, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 37

What's up with this intake pipe??? 1. Why are there no beads on the ends? 2. The top end of the intake pipe in this pic is cut at an angle!! How in the hell is a coupler supposed to stay on that thing for longer than a 1/4 mile? Do you include some magic fairy dust, or instructions to JB weld the coupler on? eek.

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS

1998 Eclipse GSX

turbo8uOct-02-03 01:06 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#57594, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 43

mototool's a fuckin jackass imo...hes smart yes, and he rubs it in peoples face. knowledge is cool, but bein a cocky mother fucker is uncalled for..

lol but anyway, whats up with that wack intake pipe anyway
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Uberingram> I bow down to the Geo

TeamMichael_97RSOct-02-03 01:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#57596, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 52

I'm curious why the intake pipe is not welded and why it's a bunch of piece meal pipes.

And for the love of God, and all that is Holy, press bend downpipe still amazes the hell out of me.

Motofool, what exact brand is that water filled fuel pressure gauge? I wouldn't want that thing on my car.

Have you started welding on a real flange to the downpipe instead of the header flange than bends under torquing the bolts? Does the gasket fit up now?

Have you addressed the bracket issue where the oil drain tube will not bolt on?

Also have you started including instructions with the kit?

This, in my opinion is far from being a kit. I would suggest the next mod you want to sell; install and test fit it on at least one car.

And if you want to compare quality to HRC, buwhahaaa. When you have to pay the extra in parts you bought yourself where is the savings?

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Smooth idle? We don't need no stinking smooth idle.

Mods List:
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

TeamXtremeRSOct-02-03 04:01 PM
6329 posts,
#57612, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 53
Oct-02-03 04:02 PM by XtremeRS

Holy crap..thats one hell of a restrictive exhaust outlet there...can that outlet of the J pipe make any more of a sudden, straight shot downward? IMO, def not a kit. Press bent one piece dp? Talk about the exhaust gas hitting a wall...

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Matt_95tgsOct-02-03 04:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#57615, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 54

Ugh... wow! Is this the gottude turbo kit also??? I would be willing to bet that my weed-wacker exhaust flows better than this dp does. $100 says that this downpipe flows significantly worse than the stock one. How could you spend good money for a turbo kit and be satisfied with THAT???? Not to bash on whoever owns this thing, but seriously, if I were you, I would throw that thing in the toilet where it belongs and have a real dp made up. I'd be PISSED if that thing showed up on my doorstep.

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS

1998 Eclipse GSX

RSTsoonOct-09-03 04:52 PM
127 posts,
#58239, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 55

So have you had any problems with his kit yet?

RSTsoonOct-10-03 06:13 PM
127 posts,
#58325, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 60

Man I havent heard from Bill in a week, Im so fucking pissed

gilee_8Oct-10-03 07:50 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
#58328, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

Sup man.
First Congrat that you got your turbo on.
Talking about quality of products from Bill.
I have to say...they are crap shit.
Sorry Bill, I ensure you that you are a GREAT guy..but from what the stuff I got from you...they are HORRIBLE.

OK... some of you might know.. I ordered the following parts from Bill in "EARLY APRIL" in 2003:
1) exhaust Manifold with EGT hole tapped($275)
2) SFMU Kit ($285)
3) Missing Link ($55)
4) Complete Advance Oil Line Kit ($95)

And guess what the ACUTALLY result?
I got the parts UNTIL October 6th 2003: TOTAL OF 6 MONTHS after FULLY PAID in April 2003.
Then what I got????
1) Exhaust Manifold with CRAP WELDING (I might weld better)
(FORGOT ABOUT EGT GAUGE HOLE TAPPING)
2) SFMU KIT (so far is still good)
3) Missing Kit (just like what he said it will be)
4) COMPLETE??? HELL NO... paid $95 for one Steel oil feed line and a $2 hose for return and ONE NUT. (THAT"S ALL) all he said was, sorry, can't find the fitting for your Turbo (16G) and so he just sent me the above 2 things ==> for a $95 oil line "KIT"???

I just think that HE LOVE to put everything AS A KIT.

FIRST: Look, I spent over $20 and 10 hours to put that STUPID EGT gauge hole on the exhaust manifold...well, I thought paying $275 will get that done.

SECOND: I thought PAYING $95 for a STUPID OIL LINE KIT will be ALL SET but guess what? I spent $21 from Mitsubishi to buy that oil return line adapter. Then it's too big, so I need to pay $2.50 to get a new hose. Then I paid $15 to buy a DIE so I can thread a adapter (which I paid $4)....... da dadaddada....
WHAT THE FUCK??? Paided $95 for a so call "KIT"...and I have to do all those SHIT...and I still end up paying over $140+....
BILL...I think that is a HUGE FxxKING problem.... and you DID SAID YOU WILL PAYPAL me back $25 for the missing fitting ...but guess what guys....NOTHIGN...not even a penny recieved!!!!

....I TOTALLY lost confidence and bride.....(from him).....

That's all I can say....and I DEFINITELY understand how you feel man..... I fucking waited 6 months..for some SHIT.

Gil

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

EclipseRSTOct-10-03 08:40 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#58331, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 63

Wow, I just read every post in this thread at 1:20 in the morning...

Anyway, I did business with Bill. It wasn't the most pleasant experience but it turned out alright and he was cool. As far as the kit goes...you're putting the reliability of your car on the line by installing a turbo kit. I don't know about you guys but I'd want a kit that has been proven to work and work well. If it fails you're fucked in a serious way.

BTW - I'm no expert whatsoever when it comes to parts quality but I'll have to agree that the downpipe is a bit restrictive for a turbo application.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-10-03 10:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#58334, "RE: Gottude Turbo Kit Information and Pics"
In response to Reply # 64
Oct-10-03 10:24 PM by DarkOne

Quote:

Originally posted by EclipseRST
I'll have to agree that the downpipe is a bit restrictive for a turbo application.

That's putting it nicely. I'd rather get kicked in the balls than put that shit on my car. I can build better parts out of fucking legos than the shit i've seen pics of on this site. I'd NEVER pay some 18 year old kid that kind of money and expect the kind of quality or fitment you get from real vendors. That's just me. Others might be willing, in which case, they are stupid and their opinions are duly ignored.

This is my first, and only input to this thread.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #57443 Previous topic | Next topic