Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #5682
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!" Previous topic | Next topic
RS_GuyMay-29-01 10:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5682, "Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"

Well, I was bored the other day so I read up on 3 weeks of Talon Digest. I saw a group purchase for "Magnus Motorsports'" Intake manifold that gained a 1G GSX 40HP at the wheels....

It is a very innovative design and actually incorporates silicone runners for "tuning" the runner lengths... check it out (link below)

So naturally I emailed them asking for details for us......

------Here's The reply that I got:-----------

Okay, done! Marco says he will make a 420A sheet metal intake.

For people who want information, direct them to this page:

http://www.paradoxracing.com/group_purchase.html

Let me know if you have any questions, and I will send updates to you when I get them. Feel free to check in with me as well.

The price will depend on how many people want to buy them. Normal price, (I think, dont quote me) is 650$ USD. If enough people are buying, we might be able to do a group purchase on those also and get the price down.

-Brian
Paradox Racing

----------------

Keep in mind that "Group Purchase" price for 1Gs was $500, so if we get enough of us...

Come on people, let's hear something..!

Guy
RS_Guy

http://www.GTuned.com

-----
www.GTuned.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, sean, May-29-01 11:51 PM, #1
RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, rezon8r, May-30-01 01:07 AM, #2
      RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, sean, May-30-01 06:25 AM, #4
           Yorkdale's a possibility!!!, rezon8r, May-30-01 11:47 PM, #13
RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, vector_racing, May-30-01 06:07 AM, #3
I'M ALL OF IT!!, Skrilla, May-30-01 06:56 AM, #5
RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, mitseclps, May-30-01 07:15 AM, #6
Cool!, RS_Guy, May-30-01 09:43 AM, #7
RE: Cool!, sean, May-30-01 12:08 PM, #9
RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, ProjectGSX, May-30-01 10:52 AM, #8
RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, mike_d, May-30-01 12:38 PM, #10
RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, sean, May-30-01 12:47 PM, #11
RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, ProjectGSX, May-31-01 04:48 PM, #15
      RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, DarkHumor, Jun-13-01 01:51 PM, #21
RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, HadesOmega, May-30-01 05:07 PM, #12
RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!, TeamMuRiX, May-31-01 12:28 AM, #14
Smooth!, RS_Guy, May-31-01 05:34 PM, #16
RE: Smooth!, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-01-01 06:16 AM, #17
RE: Smooth!, XT_DSM, Jun-01-01 07:57 PM, #18
RE: 420A sheet metal intakes, ProjectGSX, Jun-13-01 07:41 AM, #19
      RE: 420A sheet metal intakes, RS_Guy, Jun-13-01 08:10 AM, #20
           RE: 420A sheet metal intakes, ProjectGSX, Jun-14-01 09:11 AM, #22

seanMay-29-01 11:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
99 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5683, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 0

I've seen the intake a couple of times and it is a nice looking piece. Since I'm the only one with a turbo 2gnt anywhere near Magnus maybe next time I stop in there I'll offer to be the test monkey and try to get some dyno numbers before and after on a 2gnt turbo.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rezon8rMay-30-01 01:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7 posts,
#5684, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey Sean, what's goin on? How's your Hahn Stage II holding up? I'm soon planning, if $$$ permit, to go the Hahn Stage IV route. First need my Crane ignition, and Stage II axles...then Stage IV fuel system...then when cows jump over the moon, a Quaife LSD.

Lemme know how your ride's doing.

Lates

1995 DOHC Neon - Hahn Stage II Turbo

http://members.home.net/rezon8r/

seanMay-30-01 06:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
99 posts,
#5685, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey, what's up. The car's doing fine. I'm just saving money to get a new exaust and a spare motor to build up over the winter. I don't know if you know or not but every month the Canadian DSM guys meet up at Yorkdale mall in Toronto (on the first Sunday of the month). Your not exactly a DSM guy but what the hell it never stopped anyone else before from stopping buy. So if your not busy on Sunday you should stop by and check out some of the cars. We meet at noon in the west side of the lot near the food court. Maybe I'll see you there.

rezon8rMay-30-01 11:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7 posts,
#5686, "Yorkdale's a possibility!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

At Yorkdale? Oh that's pretty close for me. It may very well be possible for me to make it out! You're going to build up a spare motor as well? I've checked it out for a motor build up and with everything...new pistons, rods, rings, engine machining and assembly and Stage IV fuel system components = around $5000-6000. That's including exchange duty and taxes. I called Leitner Bush in Thornhill for machining prices, pretty much around $1000-1500. Anyway sorry for rambling, but keep your eyes out for me on Sunday, I'd like to meet up with you and check your ride.

Lates

>Hey, what's up. The car's
>doing fine. I'm just
>saving money to get a
>new exaust and a spare
>motor to build up over
>the winter. I don't
>know if you know or
>not but every month the
>Canadian DSM guys meet up
>at Yorkdale mall in Toronto
>(on the first Sunday of
>the month). Your not
>exactly a DSM guy but
>what the hell it never
>stopped anyone else before from
>stopping buy. So if
>your not busy on Sunday
>you should stop by and
>check out some of the
>cars. We meet at
>noon in the west side
>of the lot near the
>food court. Maybe I'll
>see you there.

1995 DOHC Neon - Hahn Stage II Turbo

http://members.home.net/rezon8r/

vector_racingMay-30-01 06:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
393 posts,
#5687, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm in...i was looking into the Venom one...But i like this one better...Keep me posted on the group buy in...

later

www.vectorracing.com

SkrillaMay-30-01 06:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#5688, "I'M ALL OF IT!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

mitseclpsMay-30-01 07:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#5689, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 0

could i use this on my non-turbo? or is it just for those graced w/ forced induction

-bryan
'98 rst

RS_GuyMay-30-01 09:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#5690, "Cool!"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 30-May-01 AT 02:44 PM (PST)

I will email the guy and tell him, and maybe he can register on this board and talk with us directly.

Sean:
Do you mind helping out then? Can I use you as referral?

mitseclps:
I am pretty sure that the intake will make a difference to a NA car, but how much, I really can't tell without any testing.

vector_racing:
Venom *claim* to "be making" one for us. They have claimed this for the past two years... They even list a model number like as if it exists!

I'll keep ya guys updated.

Guy
RS_Guy

-----
www.GTuned.com

seanMay-30-01 12:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
99 posts,
#5691, "RE: Cool!"
In response to Reply # 7

No problem with either. There's a chance I might run into Marco this weekend (owner of Magnus). If I do I will be sure to talk to him about the intake. If you call him and need to use me as a reference just tell him it's Sean from Hamilton and he should clue into who your talking about.

Just let me know if you need anything else.

ProjectGSXMay-30-01 10:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
#5692, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey guys.

I am running the current Magnus Motorsports group purchase for sheet metal intakes.

Since there seems to be a bit of interest, we are going to get a SMI built for the 420A as well. We just decided to do this the other day, so there is very little to tell at this point.

Once we have an idea of what the production date will be, we can consider the possibility of doing a group purchase as well.

You can see the turbo model intake here:

http://www.paradoxracing.com/group_purchase.html

Feel free to email me if you have any questions, and I will post updates when I have some. brian@paradoxracing.com

-Brian
Paradox Racing

mike_dMay-30-01 12:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#5693, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 8

hey sean are you going to cayuga this sunday
? id like to see what your car could do in the quarter with the turbo.

95 Talon ESi-T

seanMay-30-01 12:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
99 posts,
#5694, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 10

I wasn't planning on it. Why don't you come to Yorkdale. There will be some guys coming from the K-W area that you could drive down with. I will probably stay away from the track until they start opening on Wednesday and Friday nights for test and tune. Mainly because they raised the price and if you go on an event day you will only get 3-4 runs and wait almost an hour between them. On the test and tune days you can basically do laps up and down the track because of the number of cars. Last year they stayed open until 11:00pm so the air is nice and cold.

ProjectGSXMay-31-01 04:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
#5695, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 8

If anyone is going to be at the NIRA event this weekend in San Antonio, stop by the TurboXS booth. My girlfriend and I will be running that booth, and I will have the 4G63 sheet metal intake manifold out on display.

DarkHumorJun-13-01 01:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
21 posts,
#5696, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 15

Hey projectgsx i was the guy with fred(awd Eagle) on saturday (San Antonio). I was wondering something. When you went to Hooters that friday and you brought the manifold with you Tony noticed that the inside was rough and could look like it needed polishing inside. Will this be taken care of?

HadesOmegaMay-30-01 05:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#5697, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 0

HOLY shmack that thing is expensive. I can see it's the only thing we've got going for an intake manifold though, and it's nice that it's tunable. I just got done with getting the on and my wallet is EMPTY. Any idea on the price for the groupbuy? I love group buys that's how I got my star kit and RRE bar ,

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

TeamMuRiXMay-31-01 12:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#5698, "RE: Sheetmetal Intake Manifolds Available If You're interested!"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 31-May-01 AT 05:29 AM (PST)

I am glad to hear about this as I have kept up with the one for the 4G63 on NABR. I would be game as a fully built car to test for the manifold, but it would not happen until July when I could drive it up there from Atl. I am interested in this (read would buy today right now if it were actually available).

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage IV+ I think
And a whole lot of other mods...
A.D.P.
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

RS_GuyMay-31-01 05:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#5699, "Smooth!"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, this is going way smoother than I expected. Very cool!

Brian, Keep us updated!

Guy
RS_Guy

-----
www.GTuned.com

TeamMichael_97RSJun-01-01 06:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#5700, "RE: Smooth!"
In response to Reply # 16

I'd love to see some dyno results. Price is pretty steep but if the outcome is worth it, I could be pursuaded to buy.

I know you adjust the legnth of the runners to tune... which way is which? increase legnth more high end hp or more low end torque?

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Intake manifold 4 porting, Rear Motor Mount Ins. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), Slver Cadmium Plated KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads (Well Almost)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

XT_DSMJun-01-01 07:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#5701, "RE: Smooth!"
In response to Reply # 17

http://members.home.net/xtatdsm

longer intake runners= good low end/mid range power
shorter intake runners= high end power (more power as your RPMs go higher.

Adel

ProjectGSXJun-13-01 07:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
#5702, "RE: 420A sheet metal intakes"
In response to Reply # 16

Hey guys.

Just wanted to let you know that we are still moving forward with the intakes for the 420A.

I have been swamped lately, and have just gotten freed up enough that I can start pushing Marco to get a prototype done.

More info when I have it!

-Brian
http://www.paradoxracing.com

RS_GuyJun-13-01 08:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#5703, "RE: 420A sheet metal intakes"
In response to Reply # 19

Cool! Keep us updated.

Guy
RS_Guy

-----
www.GTuned.com

ProjectGSXJun-14-01 09:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
#5704, "RE: 420A sheet metal intakes"
In response to Reply # 20

>Cool! Keep us updated.
>
>Guy
>RS_Guy

Here is your update.

MARCO NEEDS A VOLUNTEER!

Marco is SWAMPED right now. He just released information on how to transplant a 1G turbo engine into a 2G with no modifications, so his phone is ringing off the hook.

However, I was able to get ahold of him and ask about the NT mani's. He says that they have done sheet metal intakes for non-turbos before with a similar plenum and they still gained crazy top end power. So this group buy is not for turbo'd-NT's only.

Marcos shop address is:

8600 Keele Street, Unit 61
Concord, Ontario , Canada
L4K 2N2

If you live in that area and are interested in purchasing one of the 420A sheet metal intakes, please contact me. brian@paradoxracing.com

We can get moving on these as soon as we have a volunteer.

-Brian
Paradox Racing

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #5682 Previous topic | Next topic